Tires and Wheels Rubber, and lots of rubber in all kinds of sizes. What do you use when it's freezing? What do you use when it's hot? You want sticky rubbers? How about rubbers that will last a long time? Find your perfect rubber in here.

Wanali... Federal...Nankang

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2005, 10:48 AM

Wanali... Federal...Nankang

Personally I have never heard of these brands looked on tirerack and couldn't find reviews on them... and one of those brands would come with my tires and rims package. Right now I am thinking of buying my tires else where and just getting the rims from them...
So if anyone knows whether these are good tires or not maybe I can finally decide...
Christina
Old 01-03-2005, 11:09 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Those are pretty much cheap knock off tires. Stick with a name brand.
Old 01-03-2005, 11:31 AM

LOL I figured so I went with the toyos thanks for answering me... =)
Christina
Old 01-05-2005, 04:52 AM

Actually, I've been rollin on Federal 595 Superstreets and I've enjoyed them alot. They had plenty of traction and good tirewear.
Old 01-05-2005, 10:40 PM
Way out West

I went to get my snow tires on the other day and the Les Schwab guy said they have been selling lots of Wanli tires. He said they handle well, but wear fairly quickly. They are basically Yokohama AVS Sport rip-offs.

I thought about them, but I will probably stick with Toyo Proxes or something I am a little more sure about. Sounds like you did the same.
Old 01-06-2005, 12:05 AM

So I guess all three are knock offs. I know one of them is a knock off of Kuhmo which I hate and the wanli are knock offs of yokohoma so the third one I am sure is the same but more than likely I will be more happy with my Toyos which should be here soon =)
Christina
Old 01-07-2005, 07:00 AM

Wanali... Federal...Nankang are all CRAP!You spend so much money on Mods for your car then go cheap on tires.I don't get it. Tires are one of the most important thing on your car.Don't cheap out!
Old 01-07-2005, 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by AKANeedles
Wanali... Federal...Nankang are all CRAP!You spend so much money on Mods for your car then go cheap on tires.I don't get it. Tires are one of the most important thing on your car.Don't cheap out!
Yes tires are very important...if performance tires are what your looking for. I'm more of a cosmetic modder as you can see. I just want a car I think looks nice. These tire's are much better than my stock potenza's, and they've kept me quite happy.
It's not a matter of being cheap either, I just choose not to spend more money on tires I don't think I need. And you thinking their crap is your own opinion.
Old 01-07-2005, 09:16 AM
The original VQ...

i had "hankoocks" (speeled wrong but you know what im tahlkin about)

They wore quick but seemed to stick well..
Old 01-09-2005, 02:39 AM
Former Sponsor

Nankang is ok because its Taiwanese

actually they really arent so bad, Nankangs are ok, and Federals, I just noticed they go alot louder once they started to wear down, amazing tread wear though for regular driving