Tires and Wheels Rubber, and lots of rubber in all kinds of sizes. What do you use when it's freezing? What do you use when it's hot? You want sticky rubbers? How about rubbers that will last a long time? Find your perfect rubber in here.

Anyone else with TOYO Proxes TPT?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2006, 11:52 AM

Anyone else with TOYO Proxes TPT?

I have these tires, and I like them a lot. I'm just curious to see how many people have these, and how many like them. I get good first gear traction, and the ride has been well for me. Driving comfort and noice has been respectable as well.
Last year I was driving on bald front tires, so I'm curious to see what other people think. I might just be rejoicing at the fact I finally have tread again.

Post away.
Old 02-14-2006, 01:31 PM
Got Projectors?

I got mine maybe a little over a year ago.

I like 'em, no real complaints. The sidewall is kinda soft, but then again, the tire is more "comfortable" than my last set of Kumhos (fairly stiff sidewall), and the fact that I have decent cold/winter traction rocks compared to the summer tires I was on before. They definitely don't match wet and dry traction that you'd find on a high performance summer tire, but they're better than most all-seasons I've driven. The tread is lasting a good long time as well. I'm pretty satisfied with them.

That said, when I need new tires, I'll probably try something else. Not that I don't like them, but I always try a different tire each time around.
Old 02-14-2006, 03:03 PM

I wanted to ask because I don't have experience driving on many tires, and these seemed to treat me pretty damn well. That's why I want to make sure I'm not overhyping a crappy tire, I guess. I'm happy though.
Old 02-15-2006, 08:24 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

I've got them and like them on my 2002 GLE. More quiet than the stock Bridgestones (Potenzas?). Also sticker, of course. The original tires would spin at the drop of a hat.

Hmm, there's a thread somewhere here that a couple of professional tire guys on the org recommended them in particular. Try the search if you want to see the quote.
Old 02-16-2006, 11:23 AM

I will do that, thanks.