Tires and Wheels Rubber, and lots of rubber in all kinds of sizes. What do you use when it's freezing? What do you use when it's hot? You want sticky rubbers? How about rubbers that will last a long time? Find your perfect rubber in here.

Offset/size calculator question

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2009 | 07:20 AM

Offset/size calculator question

Running through different scenarios on the Rims-N-Tires calculator, I notice for wheel wells it says "will fill out wheel well extra ...."

What do they mean by "fill out" ? Does that have anything to do with how far the wheel comes out towards the fender? (i.e. more flush with the body)....or is more of a distance between the outer diameter of the tire vs the wheel well lip?

Just trying to determine what wheel/tire combos wont rub on my car......should I be looking at the "fender" section of the calculator? Ive always called up front fenders, but in the back "wheelwells" so I might be a little confused.

Thanks in advance.

-Chris
Old 11-04-2009 | 08:12 PM
Offset Is Everything.

the wheel well is the entire "tub" or "well" the wheel sits in whether it be front or back. do the calculations using the wheel/tire calculator from the miata site in the stickied links. measure and figure it out. this has been discussed NUMEROUS times over and over again. tire sizes are also discussed as well.

other questions you need answered are:
are you lowered? how low? tire size? wheel size? wheel specs (ie offset and width)? cambering? etc. please use the SEARCH functions as it is readily available. dont be lazy.