4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

i got lucky.....

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2015, 08:09 PM

i got lucky.....

no, not that way. had an appointment on monday to get crank pulley, seal and belts done and the guy turned out to be a dik. he bought the garage from his parents and they had worked on my car in the past, but he was another story. after wasting 20 minutes of my time, i said" i'll just take my keys". a$$hole proceeds to slam my hood and back the car out of the garage and i just said, " thanks for your time" and left.

went to 2 other garages that were around the corner and one wouldn't warranty labor and the other wanted to charge me 112.50 an hour!!! he said it would be $92.50 an hour if they supplied the parts??? so these tools want me to pay an additional $42.50 cause i brought my own parts?? f uuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!

so, i said f'it and went to go get something to drink at wawa, ( local gas and convenience store) and as i'm walking towards my car this guy ( who looked like a mechanic ) asked me how i was doing and i said, " i'd be better if i could find a decent mechanic, to which he replied, " i'm a master mechanic, my garage is across the street" so i said i have my own parts and he said, no problem. bring it over right now!!!

took it over, he said about 2-3 hours cause the car was hot and it needed to cool down. asked him what his labor rate was, $60.00 an hour?!!!!! hell yeah!!! he called his son, kid gave me a ride home, called me around 4:30ish and said it was done. said his son would be over to pick me up in a few. 25 minutes later he showed up with my car, fixed and new parts installed, $120.00 even!!! and he warranty's the labor. had a broken muffler flange/hook and he fixed that today. needed to be welded, 30 minutes, 40.00 bucks.

all i can say is, he's in my contacts now!!!

Last edited by max ride 41; 06-24-2015 at 08:21 PM.
Old 06-24-2015, 08:17 PM

Cool how its running now.
Old 06-24-2015, 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by vqmaxman
Cool how its running now.
no more exhaust metal clanking, and crank pulley is quiet and no more noise either!!! i'm stoked that i found this guy, no overhead and no taxes!!

Last edited by max ride 41; 06-24-2015 at 08:23 PM.
Old 06-24-2015, 08:31 PM

Well this guy is a life saver and could save the economy.
Old 06-24-2015, 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by vqmaxman
Well this guy is a life saver and could save the economy.
yeah, mine!!
Old 06-24-2015, 10:45 PM

now those are mechanics you keep, not those scums who try to rip ya off.. Glad to hear that!
Old 06-25-2015, 09:26 AM

I know a guy who totally obsesses over the smallest and silliest things, spends way too much time researching a repair, takes twice to three times a long to complete a repair, sometimes replaces things just cuz they might be old, but to date has done pretty quality work ...

Me.

Unfortunately pretty much the only a**hole I trust anymore.
Old 06-25-2015, 10:22 PM

Glad you got it going.
I vow to never have my car touch a garage. I just don't trust people, some types less than others. Mechanics and IT people can be the most condescending folks on earth. I'm sure I'm leaving a few out. So far, I've been able to handle everything the cars throw at me. Now I have a torn apart engine from my wife's Saturn on my garage floor waiting for new rings, not too sure about what to do with that one.
Old 06-25-2015, 11:32 PM

At the end of the day, insurance company doesn't give a f8ck. SOrry but it's true. To them the gen 4 is a 20+ year old car that should be written off and they'll find any excuse and ways to exhaust you from getting a fair value.
Old 06-26-2015, 12:24 AM

Originally Posted by george__
At the end of the day, insurance company doesn't give a f8ck. SOrry but it's true. To them the gen 4 is a 20+ year old car that should be written off and they'll find any excuse and ways to exhaust you from getting a fair value.
are you on drugs man? talk about off topic.....
Old 06-26-2015, 12:38 AM

Sounds like me...I'm not trying to get rich over night nor AM I trying to do Half-a$$ work...I'm just using my God giving skills to help people out as well as myself...
Old 06-26-2015, 12:51 AM

yeah, he's doing my knock sensor and e-brake cable as well next week. i told him there's a video on you tube for the sensor and he said he'll watch it so he know's exactly how to handle that repair as he's never done one before on my car. he mostly works on trucks and domestic but said he can figure it out. gotta admire his willingness to learn.
Old 06-26-2015, 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by george__
??????
Old 06-26-2015, 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by Turbobink
I know a guy who totally obsesses over the smallest and silliest things, spends way too much time researching a repair, takes twice to three times a long to complete a repair, sometimes replaces things just cuz they might be old, but to date has done pretty quality work ... Me. Unfortunately pretty much the only a**hole I trust anymore.
Well said.
I feel the same way.
Old 06-27-2015, 04:35 AM

That's hella trippy how he just apperared at the gas station and asked you how you're doing...like a maxima guardian angel of sorts.
Old 06-27-2015, 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by Maximeltman
That's hella trippy how he just apperared at the gas station and asked you how you're doing...like a maxima guardian angel of sorts.
i know, right? he was wearing the same color uniform as a nissan dealer tech would wear too.
Old 06-27-2015, 10:48 PM

that moment when u find a cat sitting on your sunroof at night when taking out the trash, I fking told that cat to get the hell away I Got really mad..., only time I ever really saw it.. Don't have many random cats roaming around.. saw some cat hair on my sunroof, I suppose it was sitting on my sunroof rather than on the roof with paint on it..

this is why i will never own a cat lol, I hate them, their trouble causes...attitudes and such...

I know such an off topic post..

Last edited by JoshG; 06-27-2015 at 10:58 PM.
Old 06-28-2015, 12:25 AM

I am honest when I do any work or repairs, I explain the cause and effects and what happeneds if you don't do the work or repairs. I get lots of people who want to free load and be cheapies because of how honest I can be.
Old 06-28-2015, 06:49 AM

awesome story, keep him around.

i had a mechanic in Atlanta that i went to for years for the things i don't have knowledge tools or time to do. awesome guy who let's me furnish my own parts, oem or aftermarket. prices more than reasonable and fast quality work.

only problem is his techs all keep getting jobs at bigger better places. first guy there who wrenched on my car was Hector, he builds BMW rave cars now, after that, the guys son, who was a Nissan tech for 20 years, he now builds drag cars. and the last guy there that's touched my car, well... actually he's locked up for not paying child support lol
Old 06-28-2015, 07:38 PM

good thing about this guy is he shares rent on a garage with a construction company and works on all their trucks/cars. no overhead, he has all his own tools and does most of the work himself and has been a mechanic for 35 years. i asked him how long he'd be around and he said, " till i retire".