4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Rough idle. So i done a service in my 98 2.0 v6 maxima.

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2016, 10:45 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Rough idle. So i done a service in my 98 2.0 v6 maxima.

So i changed plugs. air oil and fuel filter. engin oil transmission oil. fan belt. and then the problems started iddling very eratic when driving 1.2.3 gears at 2000rpm the car jerks after reading up on things i have not done the follwing

new coils
new throttle sensor
new pipes from tappit cover to air intake box.
clean throttle valve
cleant throttle.
cleaned mass airflow sensor

nothing has solved this problem is there anybody that can help me
Old 12-23-2016, 12:02 PM
Rit

Marco

What brand, type and model number plugs did you install ? These engine run best on NGK Iradiums. Any other kid may cause your problem. Did you check the gap of the plugs before installing ? Don't assume that they are pre-gapped correctly from the factory. When you removed the old plugs, and installed the new ones, were you careful with removing the coil-packs ?

Was it running good before installing the plugs ? If not, then it is likely a bad coil pack.

Are you setting any MIL codes ? If so, read the code, and it will point to your problem.

I would concentrate on the plugs. I doubt if anything get affected by the other things that you did.

Good luck.
Old 12-23-2016, 01:29 PM

NGK Platinums are the OEM spec ones. Also, are you using OEM coil packs? Our cars are EXTREMELY fussy when it comes to sensors and if it's not OEM, the car will protest until that changes.
Old 12-24-2016, 08:00 AM

my maxima throws a code on napa chinese coils, mechanic replaced with oem runs fine now last 4 years