7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brand New Confused Super Black 2014 SV Maxima Owner

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2015, 12:56 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Brand New Confused Super Black 2014 SV Maxima Owner

Hey everyone, I bought a 2014 Super Black Maxima a couple days ago and love the car, however I'd like to make some adjustments to the headlights (halos) as well as the fog lights. From what I've read everywhere baking the headlights is the best way to go but I am by no means a car expert and am wondering if the dealership or local shops would do something like that and roughly what they'd charge? Also looking for pictures of fellow Super Black owners to get ideas on how to spruce mine up. Thanks for the help! Forgot to mention it is an SV with no packages.
Old 07-06-2015, 01:00 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Also looking to change up the little bulbs in the headlights with white led bulbs. Any recommendations as far as how to do this (is it easy as buying the bulbs and replacing them) or is it more involved and where/what kind to get? Thanks again for any info to help!
Old 07-06-2015, 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by dhrupalpatel1986
Hey everyone, I bought a 2014 Super Black Maxima a couple days ago and love the car, however I'd like to make some adjustments to the headlights (halos) as well as the fog lights. From what I've read everywhere baking the headlights is the best way to go but I am by no means a car expert and am wondering if the dealership or local shops would do something like that and roughly what they'd charge? Also looking for pictures of fellow Super Black owners to get ideas on how to spruce mine up. Thanks for the help! Forgot to mention it is an SV with no packages.
I can tell you the dealership will not install halos due to it being an aftermarket mod. Also before installing you might want to check your warranty cause it may void it by installing them, but as far as installation check your local detail/rims shops & get different quotes. I've seen some where the install is around $200.

As far as the fog lights go they're a simple plug & play. So if you're looking to change them to HID's or just changing the bulb you can easily DIY.

The little bulbs in the headlights are also an easy DIY. You can order the small LED's from V-Led or eBay & just swap them out. Maybe a 10 min process tops.
Old 07-06-2015, 05:37 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by BlackMaximus04
I can tell you the dealership will not install halos due to it being an aftermarket mod. Also before installing you might want to check your warranty cause it may void it by installing them, but as far as installation check your local detail/rims shops & get different quotes. I've seen some where the install is around $200.

As far as the fog lights go they're a simple plug & play. So if you're looking to change them to HID's or just changing the bulb you can easily DIY.

The little bulbs in the headlights are also an easy DIY. You can order the small LED's from V-Led or eBay & just swap them out. Maybe a 10 min process tops.
Thanks for the feedback bro! I appreciate it. I wonder what part of actually changing the headlights without adjusting the wiring (maybe you would, not sure) would void the warranty. May dig into that.
Old 07-07-2015, 06:28 AM

I would buy a whole new pair already modded, It's more expensive but I think at the end of the day I would rather someone else do them.
Old 07-07-2015, 06:58 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by mikekay
I would buy a whole new pair already modded, It's more expensive but I think at the end of the day I would rather someone else do them.
Mike any suggestions? I've reached out to ghozt lighting to get an idea of what they'd charge. How much do they typically run and have you had anyone do yours for you?
Old 07-07-2015, 07:05 AM

Originally Posted by dhrupalpatel1986
Mike any suggestions? I've reached out to ghozt lighting to get an idea of what they'd charge. How much do they typically run and have you had anyone do yours for you?

Pm Kmoney. He's located in NY and did my halos. I love the way they look.
Old 07-07-2015, 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by Pboned
Pm Kmoney. He's located in NY and did my halos. I love the way they look.
Agree, Kmoney and Ghozt are the way the go here. My logic is you could get some shop to do them, but then if they leak etc., its a whole big drama to deal with. They will try to front like the lights were already an issue or your install was bad etc. I rather just go with the folks who have legit product working on the streets that forum members can confirm is headache free.
Old 07-07-2015, 09:02 AM

OP - what state do you live in?