1/4 and 1/8 Mile Racing Talk about track times, launch techniques, strategies, etc. Check out the "Timeslips" subforum for posted times.No discussion of street racing will be tolerated.

cost to run the 1/4

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2003, 08:48 PM

cost to run the 1/4

Anybody tell me what it cost or what you payed to run the 1/4 mile. And if that was per run or for a given set of runs.
Old 01-02-2003, 08:51 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Whenever I run, it's 10 bucks for however many runs you can get it within three hours.
Old 01-02-2003, 11:03 PM
Dev

i paid $30 Cdn for unlimited runs in about 4 hours.
Old 01-04-2003, 05:22 PM

around $20 for 5 hours of runs
Old 01-04-2003, 05:44 PM
NWP Engineering.com

Re: cost to run the 1/4

Originally posted by max'n out
Anybody tell me what it cost or what you payed to run the 1/4 mile. And if that was per run or for a given set of runs.
Sweet dude, you're from Charlotte. I am from Greenville, NC. There are many people from the Charlotte area.

There is Rockingham, which is probably the closest nicest track to you. The fastest, nicest track in NC is Fayetteville, BY FAR! It is $16 to race from 1pm-5pm on Sunday afternoon Test and Tune sessions. As for The Rock, it's probably around the same price.
Old 01-04-2003, 06:30 PM

Re: Re: cost to run the 1/4

Originally posted by Aaron92SE

Sweet dude, you're from Charlotte. I am from Greenville, NC. There are many people from the Charlotte area.

There is Rockingham, which is probably the closest nicest track to you. The fastest, nicest track in NC is Fayetteville, BY FAR! It is $16 to race from 1pm-5pm on Sunday afternoon Test and Tune sessions. As for The Rock, it's probably around the same price.
Right on man, thanks for the info. I heard about them tracks and Have seen um. I heard some heads are getting together when the tracks open and going out, and doing some meets and what not. If you involved in that or whatever drop me a line, I'll be out to check it.

Besides the 1/4 track and hte nascar joint in concord, you woun't happen to know any GT like tracks I could get on and have some fun would you?
Old 01-04-2003, 06:39 PM
NWP Engineering.com

Re: Re: Re: cost to run the 1/4

Right on man, thanks for the info. I heard about them tracks and Have seen um. I heard some heads are getting together when the tracks open and going out, and doing some meets and what not. If you involved in that or whatever drop me a line, I'll be out to check it.

Besides the 1/4 track and hte nascar joint in concord, you woun't happen to know any GT like tracks I could get on and have some fun would you?
Well, Fayetteville Motorsports Park stays open all year long. In the winter time, they still have special TnT days. And closer to me is Kinston Drag Strip, which still stays open in the winter for special sessions. I'm not sure about The Rock.

We have little meets all the time. The guys from Raleigh and Charlotte comes together. I am in eastern NC. So, Fayetteville is the only option for me just b/c it's the fastest track in NC. Probably one of the fastest tracks in the nation.

Visit the DC forum and check out the sticky. I think there is a list of where everyone lives. I think that has been posted already. If not, just make your presence known in the DC forum.
Old 01-04-2003, 10:29 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: cost to run the 1/4

Well, Fayetteville Motorsports Park stays open all year long. In the winter time, they still have special TnT days. And closer to me is Kinston Drag Strip, which still stays open in the winter for special sessions. I'm not sure about The Rock.

We have little meets all the time. The guys from Raleigh and Charlotte comes together. I am in eastern NC. So, Fayetteville is the only option for me just b/c it's the fastest track in NC. Probably one of the fastest tracks in the nation.

Visit the DC forum and check out the sticky. I think there is a list of where everyone lives. I think that has been posted already. If not, just make your presence known in the DC forum.
Hmmm, thought they where closed, i'll have to pay more attention when i head back, to used to being in the north I guess. I know greenville ain't to far from charlotte it's like 45 min, i pass it everytime i come back. Anyway, thanks for the heads up, hope to see you at some meets, and the tracks.
Old 01-05-2003, 10:10 AM
NWP Engineering.com

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: cost to run the 1/4

Hmmm, thought they where closed, i'll have to pay more attention when i head back, to used to being in the north I guess. I know greenville ain't to far from charlotte it's like 45 min, i pass it everytime i come back. Anyway, thanks for the heads up, hope to see you at some meets, and the tracks.
NO, I'm from Greenville, NC. Not SC. My Greenville is 4 hours east of Charlotte. 1.5 hours east of Raleigh.

Trust me, the Fayetteville track is open on special Test and Tune sessions in the winter. Which has been every Sunday for a while now. They are running right now in this awesome weather. But I don't have my stuff together for my new mods, so I won't be there.
Old 01-05-2003, 11:33 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: cost to run the 1/4

NO, I'm from Greenville, NC. Not SC. My Greenville is 4 hours east of Charlotte. 1.5 hours east of Raleigh.

Trust me, the Fayetteville track is open on special Test and Tune sessions in the winter. Which has been every Sunday for a while now. They are running right now in this awesome weather. But I don't have my stuff together for my new mods, so I won't be there.
aight thats kewl, maybe it's greensboro i'm thinking of thats 45 min away. To much green.
Old 01-05-2003, 04:18 PM

It was $10 for the day for me to run at Importmix drags at Pacific Raceways (formermly Seattle International Raceway). It was as many runs as I could get while the track was open, usually from about 4 pm until 9 or 10 pm.
Old 01-06-2003, 04:40 AM
Blu
the tits

Sup Jason I have talked with you previously about headin to a meet with us. When I get the few kinks out of my car I am willing to make a trip to fayetteville msp and run my car. I am expecting a couple tenths and a couple mph after my y and b pipe install and apexi filter plus the bonus of a track much better than rockingham were my current best is. If you have your car back shoot me a pm and a way to contact you b/c I would like to check out your car. Let me know Matt
Old 01-06-2003, 12:54 PM

Originally posted by blubyu2k2
Sup Jason I have talked with you previously about headin to a meet with us. When I get the few kinks out of my car I am willing to make a trip to fayetteville msp and run my car. I am expecting a couple tenths and a couple mph after my y and b pipe install and apexi filter plus the bonus of a track much better than rockingham were my current best is. If you have your car back shoot me a pm and a way to contact you b/c I would like to check out your car. Let me know Matt
Sounds good, Ive talked to a few cats about doing meets, but I'm always doing something to the car. But now it's just about ready, only thing left to do (and shoun't take long) is the 2.87 pulley and I'm doing that in Charlotte. Email me at Sqzm@aol.com and we can talk some more.