1/4 and 1/8 Mile Racing Talk about track times, launch techniques, strategies, etc. Check out the "Timeslips" subforum for posted times.No discussion of street racing will be tolerated.

Alright...that's it

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2009, 11:21 AM

I know...I usually just use the average for the day, because I don't usually mess with converting them..I was more curious than anything in my case..
Old 05-28-2009, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by Maximahappy22
My 3rd gen is faster than all your "newer" cars hahaha...

13.58 @ 99.55

Not to be a ****...but if your spraying and your car is still trapping lower then mine...your the one who's getting

But I'll tell you what, having all the stuff done to my car and getting beat by John's "stock" Maxima...

ULTIMATE OWNAGE!!!!!!! LOL

Last edited by pimpin02max; 05-28-2009 at 11:34 AM.
Old 05-28-2009, 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by pimpin02max
Not to be a ****...but if your spraying and your car is still trapping lower then mine...your the one who's getting

But I'll tell you what, having all the stuff done to my car and getting beat by John's "stock" Maxima...

The only reason your traps are that high is because you are on street tires. I am on 225/50/15 Drag radials deflated to 15psi so the distance it takes my wheels to complete one revolution is reduced. That also affects the MPH trap speed, which is why mine is low but I still manage to run mid 13s.

Basically you get high traps because you use street tires that are stock size or close to stock and have bad traction, resulting in wheel spin. Your car is f'ed, not mine

So you my friend are getting
Old 05-28-2009, 04:25 PM

Meh...you will beat me next time to the track I bet..

The only reason your traps are that high is because you are on street tires. I am on 225/50/15 Drag radials deflated to 15psi so the distance it takes my wheels to complete one revolution is reduced. That also affects the MPH trap speed, which is why mine is low but I still manage to run mid 13s.

Basically you get high traps because you use street tires that are stock size or close to stock and have bad traction, resulting in wheel spin. Your car is f'ed, not mine

So you my friend are getting
I am stock so you are both getting owned... lol
Old 05-28-2009, 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by jkpgt96
I am stock so you are both getting owned... lol
How much did you pay for your car???

Old 05-28-2009, 05:00 PM

8300 a year ago...which is no comparison considering it is 8 years newer than your car..so don't even start.
Old 05-28-2009, 05:59 PM

8300 a year ago...which is no comparison considering it is 8 years newer than your car..so don't even start.
I never said i bought this car for luxury! haha
Old 05-28-2009, 06:26 PM

Ok...you know how you were ranting and raving about high school kids that have nice cars and how they where mouthing your Maxima??? Well if that got you mad imagine how me and John feel right now, you got mad because kids with nice cars were mouthing you, well you have a car that's not only still trapping lower then us but is older and worth less money and you are mouthing me and John's cars, and to top it off you drive another Maxima so I don't know why you are mouthing in the first place. Anyone can put nitrous on a car and think they are cool (just like you), so until you run over 99mph N/A in that car, you don't have room to talk about anything. Oh...and BTW why don't you let me put just a 50 shot on my car and we can compare trap speeds and times.

Oh...BTW you run 14.9 @ 91mph N/A....nuff said.

Last edited by pimpin02max; 05-28-2009 at 06:34 PM.
Old 05-28-2009, 08:18 PM

I didn't either..I have always liked Maxima's with 02-03 being my favorite. I bought this so that I could do a crazy build on my Probe like I have wanted to for a long time. So now I have a daily, that just happens to be a freak..but that is why I bought it, not for luxury..
Old 05-28-2009, 08:53 PM

Meh...you will beat me next time to the track I bet..
I really would like to, but it's really not that big of a deal if I don't I suppose, I mean your car is 100% a FACTORY FREAK, hell it holds the record as the fastest stock Maxima so I guess I don't have too much to be ashamed about, and like you have said and like I have always seen, almost 99% of the 5.5gen's in St. Louis are only trapping 94-95 mph and running high 14's low 15's, so me and you have quite a bit on them at least

I just want to pull a 13.99 pass so I can graduate from a 14 second Maxima to a 13 second Maxima...
Old 05-28-2009, 09:34 PM

Understandable. Hopefully we will both graduate, lol.
Old 05-28-2009, 10:30 PM

Ok...you know how you were ranting and raving about high school kids that have nice cars and how they where mouthing your Maxima??? Well if that got you mad imagine how me and John feel right now, you got mad because kids with nice cars were mouthing you, well you have a car that's not only still trapping lower then us but is older and worth less money and you are mouthing me and John's cars, and to top it off you drive another Maxima so I don't know why you are mouthing in the first place. Anyone can put nitrous on a car and think they are cool (just like you), so until you run over 99mph N/A in that car, you don't have room to talk about anything. Oh...and BTW why don't you let me put just a 50 shot on my car and we can compare trap speeds and times.

Oh...BTW you run 14.9 @ 91mph N/A....nuff said.
I see you went and did some reading through some of my old threads... there are some very large flaws in you accusations though:

1. I do not see any correlation between my complaints from high school, nearly 3 years ago, and this. I was simply saying that my older car, which cost less than your entire car, was faster than your newer car.

2. Who gives a rats a** about trap speed? It's not how fast go, its how fast you get there. I also explained to you why my trap speeds are low for a 13.58 second pass.

3. I do not drive another Maxima. I sold my old VG over a year ago. I now drive a WRX.

4. I don't think I'm cool just because i can put n2o in my car and drive it fast. That novelty wore off long ago, I think I am cool because I have spent about $3500 total including the car and have a 13sec car. You on the other hand have not.

5. This is the public internet I can say what I want to who I want.

6. Haven't you learned already, trap speeds aren't what you drag race for. I have never heard anybody say, "dude I trap at 100 mph in the 1/4 mile,!!!"

7. Go ahead and put a 50 shot on your car, it'll cost you about $600-$1000 and you still will be slower than me because you don't know how to use it

8. The 14.9 @ 91mph N/A was almost 2 years ago, alot has changed on the car since then bud. I wouldn't be suprised if it ran a 14.3 or 14.4 N/A now.

So thanks for trying...
Old 05-29-2009, 12:00 AM

Having a higher trap speed doesn't mean ****, sorry.

Drag racing is pretty much all about the first 60'.
Old 05-29-2009, 12:22 AM

I see you went and did some reading through some of my old threads... there are some very large flaws in you accusations though:

1. I do not see any correlation between my complaints from high school, nearly 3 years ago, and this. I was simply saying that my older car, which cost less than your entire car, was faster than your newer car.

2. Who gives a rats a** about trap speed? It's not how fast go, its how fast you get there. I also explained to you why my trap speeds are low for a 13.58 second pass.

3. I do not drive another Maxima. I sold my old VG over a year ago. I now drive a WRX.

4. I don't think I'm cool just because i can put n2o in my car and drive it fast. That novelty wore off long ago, I think I am cool because I have spent about $3500 total including the car and have a 13sec car. You on the other hand have not.

5. This is the public internet I can say what I want to who I want.

6. Haven't you learned already, trap speeds aren't what you drag race for. I have never heard anybody say, "dude I trap at 100 mph in the 1/4 mile,!!!"

7. Go ahead and put a 50 shot on your car, it'll cost you about $600-$1000 and you still will be slower than me because you don't know how to use it

8. The 14.9 @ 91mph N/A was almost 2 years ago, alot has changed on the car since then bud. I wouldn't be suprised if it ran a 14.3 or 14.4 N/A now.

So thanks for trying...
1. How is there no correlation? Your buddies were talking **** about your car just like you are talking **** about both me and John's car. Oh and BTW your car costs less because it is not near on the same level as the newer VQ35's bud. (Not trying to sound cocky, just saying)

2. Lots of people care about trap, it shows how much power the car is putting down...I don't base everything off of that, I'm just saying your spraying nitrous and you can't pull higher mph then 99...

3. Ok cool, but are you mouthing about a WRX??? No your mouthing about your Maxima you don't even own anymore.

4. Anyone can spend small amounts of money on a "track ****" car and run 13's not that hard...kind of like how you bought that POS and put nitrous and ran a 13 and now you think your hotsh*t which brings me back to what I said earlier.

5. Same goes for me too a$$hole

6. Please read #2 again.

7. Really??? I'm pretty sure the Dynotune Nitrous kit setting in my room cost $380...hell I could run a 35 shot and probably still beat your time.

8. Very doubtfull, I'll tell you what no one cares about, what your car could run or if you did this and this what it could run but what you have actually ran, which N/A is 14.9 @ 91mph...whoo!!! Good for you.

Oh, and the part I find hilarious is the fact that you are saying how you have only $3500 and what not, but what I think funny is that you have a Maxima with full boltons/nitrous/slicks and you are bragging about beating a stock Maxima on street tires and a lightly modded Maxima on street tires...I mean do you want a cookie or something??? I mean I've never seen a car that had nitrous/slicks/full boltons take out newer models that are close to stock.

Now have a nice day and enjoy your Scooby Snacks

Last edited by pimpin02max; 05-29-2009 at 12:30 AM.
Old 05-29-2009, 12:36 AM

Originally Posted by krazy6

Really??? So if I have a car that runs 12.5 @ 110 and a car that runs 12.5 @ 116...they are both equal, neither one would be considered faster then the other??? Exactly, that's where trap speed comes into play. Yeah maybe for the hard-core top fuel guys trap doesn't matter but in street cars on street tires, trap tells a lot about how much power is being laid to the ground. Now in my example yes, they both would be technically equal because they both went 12.5's, but the one that is running 116mph as opposed to 110mph is obviously putting out some more power it just isn't pulling as good 60' times. That's why Mr. Hotshot up above gets no respect from me because he has nitrous and still can't pull a higher trap then me.
Old 05-29-2009, 01:15 AM

1. How is there no correlation? Your buddies were talking **** about your car just like you are talking **** about both me and John's car. Oh and BTW your car costs less because it is not near on the same level as the newer VQ35's bud. (Not trying to sound cocky, just saying)

2. Lots of people care about trap, it shows how much power the car is putting down...I don't base everything off of that, I'm just saying your spraying nitrous and you can't pull higher mph then 99...

3. Ok cool, but are you mouthing about a WRX??? No your mouthing about your Maxima you don't even own anymore.

4. Anyone can spend small amounts of money on a "track ****" car and run 13's not that hard...kind of like how you bought that POS and put nitrous and ran a 13 and now you think your hotsh*t which brings me back to what I said earlier.

5. Same goes for me too a$$hole

6. Please read #2 again.

7. Really??? I'm pretty sure the Dynotune Nitrous kit setting in my room cost $380...hell I could run a 35 shot and probably still beat your time.

8. Very doubtfull, I'll tell you what no one cares about, what your car could run or if you did this and this what it could run but what you have actually ran, which N/A is 14.9 @ 91mph...whoo!!! Good for you.

Oh, and the part I find hilarious is the fact that you are saying how you have only $3500 and what not, but what I think funny is that you have a Maxima with full boltons/nitrous/slicks and you are bragging about beating a stock Maxima on street tires and a lightly modded Maxima on street tires...I mean do you want a cookie or something??? I mean I've never seen a car that had nitrous/slicks/full boltons take out newer models that are close to stock.

Now have a nice day and enjoy your Scooby Snacks
1. My "friends" would talk **** not me. And I never argued that the VQ35 isn't a good engine, although it burns a LOT of oil. My mom's car (2002 Max) burns 2-3 quarts per 3500 miles.

2. Ok maybe you are a little slow, but because the overall diameter of the tire is REDUCED, acceleration is INCREASED but top speed is DECREASED. What is confusing about that?

3. I was simply saying that your accusation that "my other car is a maxima" was wrong

4. I don't think I am hot ****. At the beginning i was simply saying mine was faster and it is 15 yrs old.

5. I was just responding to your comment when you said, "so until you run over 99mph N/A in that car, you don't have room to talk about anything"

6. See number 2

7. Ok, your 35 shot that you supposedly have will result in less traction in the 60', the most important part of a drag race, which means you effectively gain nothing. Also if you don't have a window switch you could very easily blow you motor. And please remember what your current time is before you go blabing about how you could beat my time with a 35 shot.

8. Well I'm sure the timeslips in my folder would tell me that I have run a 14.6 N/A last season so WOOO for me! The car is different and faster than it was last season. And you said it yourself, NO ONE CARES WHAT YOU COULD/WOULD RUN! SO STOP *****ING AND GET THIS THREAD LOCKED!

9. I am not on slicks, I never said that your friend was a bad driver or that what he did wasn't good (good job on the stock 5.5 btw), I was simply stating that my older car is faster than your newer, MODDED car. Also, i prefer brownies to cookies, sorry.

Lets not loose sight of the original topic, YOUR car is slow.

Last edited by Maximahappy22; 05-29-2009 at 01:18 AM.
Old 05-29-2009, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by krazy6

What's with all the hostility! lol

Not entirely..if your car does not trap then it won't run quick times. There is a limit as to how fast a car can cover a quarter mile while only trapping a certain speed. Example:

A car from a stop cannot run a sub 15.0 quarter mile while trapping under 60.0 mph..its impossible (provided the car goes wide open the whole time).

Pretty much all about the first 60'..ehh that is usually the most important part, but its not all about that. My video shows that. The Regal got out of the hole much better than I, but I can around him and ran faster than he did because MY CAR IS FASTER and trapped much higher. So yes, I could have just been ahead the whole time if I was on DR's also, but my trap and ET showed I was able to come around him, this would not have happened if I had trapped the same MPH as he did.

Roll racing..trap speed is ALL that matters, fwiw.
Old 05-29-2009, 12:17 PM

1. My "friends" would talk **** not me. And I never argued that the VQ35 isn't a good engine, although it burns a LOT of oil. My mom's car (2002 Max) burns 2-3 quarts per 3500 miles.

2. Ok maybe you are a little slow, but because the overall diameter of the tire is REDUCED, acceleration is INCREASED but top speed is DECREASED. What is confusing about that?

3. I was simply saying that your accusation that "my other car is a maxima" was wrong

4. I don't think I am hot ****. At the beginning i was simply saying mine was faster and it is 15 yrs old.

5. I was just responding to your comment when you said, "so until you run over 99mph N/A in that car, you don't have room to talk about anything"

6. See number 2

7. Ok, your 35 shot that you supposedly have will result in less traction in the 60', the most important part of a drag race, which means you effectively gain nothing. Also if you don't have a window switch you could very easily blow you motor. And please remember what your current time is before you go blabing about how you could beat my time with a 35 shot.

8. Well I'm sure the timeslips in my folder would tell me that I have run a 14.6 N/A last season so WOOO for me! The car is different and faster than it was last season. And you said it yourself, NO ONE CARES WHAT YOU COULD/WOULD RUN! SO STOP *****ING AND GET THIS THREAD LOCKED!

9. I am not on slicks, I never said that your friend was a bad driver or that what he did wasn't good (good job on the stock 5.5 btw), I was simply stating that my older car is faster than your newer, MODDED car. Also, i prefer brownies to cookies, sorry.

Thanks. Same could be said by Foxbody guys..the whole cost argument thing..meh.
Old 05-29-2009, 12:53 PM

6. See number 2

Not even gonna waste my time arguing with all the numbers but here are ones that should be corrected...

1. Your talking smack right now bud..., I imagine your friends probably had good reason to talk smack to you with that attitude, you probably deserved it.

2. I'm not slow, I'm just saying whoo you have nitrous/radials/bolt-ons, and you can't trap higher then 99mph...so everyone that has radials that's their excuse for low traps??? Smaller diamater tires??? What, you lost like 1 mph tops???

4. Yeah you do

5. Well you don't.

7. "supposedly have" LOL. Have you not looked at my for sale thread on the kit??? And anyone in their right mind would not spray a street car on street tires in the first 60'...man your a tool. I would either go too lean, have a backfire, or blow the tires off, or all of the above.

8. Cool...that's still slower then my "slow" car...

All I'm stating is that my car is nicer then yours in every which way known to man and still traps higher N/A then you with N2O so case closed.

Oh and BTW...you don't even have a Maxima anymore, so I don't even know what you are doing on here anymore.

Now if you have anymore crap you want to talk please do it via PM because I don't want my thread getting locked up just because you feel the need to brag about a $3500 Maxima that has nitrous.

Last edited by pimpin02max; 05-29-2009 at 12:56 PM.
Old 05-29-2009, 02:24 PM

2. I'm not slow, I'm just saying whoo you have nitrous/radials/bolt-ons, and you can't trap higher then 99mph...so everyone that has radials that's their excuse for low traps??? Smaller diamater tires??? What, you lost like 1 mph tops???

5. Well you don't.

7. "supposedly have" LOL. Have you not looked at my for sale thread on the kit??? And anyone in their right mind would not spray a street car on street tires in the first 60'...man your a tool. I would either go too lean, have a backfire, or blow the tires off, or all of the above.

8. Cool...that's still slower then my "slow" car...

All I'm stating is that my car is nicer then yours in every which way known to man and still traps higher N/A then you with N2O so case closed.

Oh and BTW...you don't even have a Maxima anymore, so I don't even know what you are doing on here anymore.

Now if you have anymore crap you want to talk please do it via PM because I don't want my thread getting locked up just because you feel the need to brag about a $3500 Maxima that has nitrous.
2. Well if I lost 1mph tops, then I am trapping a 100.55mph so i would have a higher trap. But this doesn't really matter.

5. If you think that trapping over 100mph N/A means everything you are an idiot

7. No I don't bother stocking people that I am arguing with, but simply put you are WRONG and you have NO IDEA what you are talking about with n2o. I have sprayed 2 maxima's on street tires with a 50 shot and haven't: gone too lean, backfired (which is running rich, contradicting your previous statement), or blown a tire.

8. Lets also look at how many liters your engine is compared to mine N/A and how many HP yours comes stock compared to mine. 3.5L VQ comes with about 265hp stock, 3.0L VE comes with 190hp stock. I never said that my car N/A was faster than yours, but you braging about how your N/A car is teH shizzle compared to my 3.0L is comparing apples to oranges. The 50 shot I have makes our cars about even, in which my car is faster than yours.

and btw i still have a maxima!
Old 05-29-2009, 02:57 PM

2. Well if I lost 1mph tops, then I am trapping a 100.55mph so i would have a higher trap. But this doesn't really matter.

5. If you think that trapping over 100mph N/A means everything you are an idiot

7. No I don't bother stocking people that I am arguing with, but simply put you are WRONG and you have NO IDEA what you are talking about with n2o. I have sprayed 2 maxima's on street tires with a 50 shot and haven't: gone too lean, backfired (which is running rich, contradicting your previous statement), or blown a tire.

8. Lets also look at how many liters your engine is compared to mine N/A and how many HP yours comes stock compared to mine. 3.5L VQ comes with about 265hp stock, 3.0L VE comes with 190hp stock. I never said that my car N/A was faster than yours, but you braging about how your N/A car is teH shizzle compared to my 3.0L is comparing apples to oranges. The 50 shot I have makes our cars about even, in which my car is faster than yours.

and btw i still have a maxima!

I like how you act cool becuase your car is older an what not and now when you have been proved wrong you play the "my car is older" trying to use that as an excuse...LOL What a tool!!! Also I like how you contradict yourself because earlier I believe you said you don't have a Maxima you have a WRX... Oh and I like how you think I meant popping the tires...LOL It's called blowing them off, like spinning.

So now can you please just STFU and GTFO of my thread you immature little know-it-all **********. I don't feel like arguing with a brick wall anymore. Oh and just for the record 99.71>99.55

Last edited by pimpin02max; 05-29-2009 at 03:01 PM.
Old 05-29-2009, 03:25 PM

Thanks. Same could be said by Foxbody guys..the whole cost argument thing..meh.
Yeah, that's definitely true, sounds like 99% of people in St. Francois County...lol.

So are you gonna try to go this coming Tuesday??? Depending on if my spacers come I probably will try to get up there, weather permitting.
Old 05-30-2009, 02:38 PM

Well this argument isn't getting anywhere, so why don't we just agree to disagree.

Sorry for being an ***.
Old 06-07-2009, 10:24 AM
Unsuccesful STL Coordinator

No it's nothing like that...lol. It's just I always thought maybe the elevation and the track where why my times where so much slower and lower trap then everybody else. Because like you said some of the other Maxima's you raced are only trapping 94-95mph and Epacy that used to have an auto 5.5gen with headers and full exhaust and what not only trapped 96mph so I thought that's why. But then now an actual healthy speciman has ran on my home track and is running that healthy stock I know that it's not the elevation or the track.
I still have it. Poor old thing. I need to fix some knick-knacks on it.
Old 06-07-2009, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by Epacy
I still have it. Poor old thing. I need to fix some knick-knacks on it.
Hey there stranger. I didn't know you still had the Maxima...I think it's a really nice car. I remember the first time I saw it when you pulled up to O'Charley's. I was so excited that my friend started making fun of me...(I was only 16 and had never seen a Maxima that was fixed up in real life)...LOL.

I've seen a couple of people trying to get a meet together going, I think me, you, and jkpgt96 should meet up one day and anyone else that says "their gonna be there" can show up or not. I would love to see your Maxima again but I wouldn't mind seeing that sweet *** M3 as well.