1st & 2nd Generation Maxima (1981-1984 and 1985-1988) Learn more and share information about the 1st and 2nd Generation Maximas.

clueless about the 1st and 2nd gen..and got really confused when i saw this

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2003, 09:24 PM

clueless about the 1st and 2nd gen..and got really confused when i saw this

a station wagon maxima? is that right? were there maximas that were station wagons at one time..i never saw a datsun or nissan emblem..but a small maxima emblem in the back...if this isnt true well ill take a picture....if not well hell im stupid...just wanted to say something
Old 02-16-2003, 10:53 PM
Charles Bisel

A Maxima station wagon?!? Somebody must have taken a Maxima badge and slapped it on there! Damn ricers!!

-C-

Old 02-16-2003, 11:01 PM
I love lamp.

Originally posted by Charles Bisel
A Maxima station wagon?!? Somebody must have taken a Maxima badge and slapped it on there! Damn ricers!!

-C-
LOL! At least now I don't feel like I'm the only one giving newbies a bunch of crap. Answering your question, yes there was a maxima wagon. It was offered in the US for the 1st and 2nd gens. There was a 3rd gen wagon, but it never was sold in the US. I saw the picture somewhere...can't remember where. They stopped after that.

S
Old 02-17-2003, 01:51 AM

Originally posted by maximase86

LOL! At least now I don't feel like I'm the only one giving newbies a bunch of crap. Answering your question, yes there was a maxima wagon. It was offered in the US for the 1st and 2nd gens. There was a 3rd gen wagon, but it never was sold in the US. I saw the picture somewhere...can't remember where. They stopped after that.

S
I saw a 2nd generation wagon last week. In the early 1990s, I knew a painter who used a 1st generation wagon (had rear-wheel drive with a 240Z-type straight six engine) for work. A salvage yard here has a 2nd generation wagon hull.
Old 02-18-2003, 07:22 AM

Originally posted by dr.disc

I saw a 2nd generation wagon last week. In the early 1990s, I knew a painter who used a 1st generation wagon (had rear-wheel drive with a 240Z-type straight six engine) for work. A salvage yard here has a 2nd generation wagon hull.
On that wagon chasis...could you seeif the sunroof is still there, and find out how much they're asking for it? The one is mine is about on it's last legs, and the glass is from a sedan, which doesn't seal correctly...
Old 02-18-2003, 07:24 AM

Re: clueless about the 1st and 2nd gen..and got really confused when i saw this

Originally posted by MistaPeerez
a station wagon maxima? is that right? were there maximas that were station wagons at one time..i never saw a datsun or nissan emblem..but a small maxima emblem in the back...if this isnt true well ill take a picture....if not well hell im stupid...just wanted to say something
Not to beat a dead horse, but yes...a wagon does exist...how do I know? Because I am the proud owner of one. I love it. I would love to do anything possible to keep it on the road forever...imagine, the style, and power of the Max, with a huge trunk...the wagon weighs about 600 lbs more than the sedan, but trust me, you don't really notice it.
Old 02-18-2003, 11:39 AM

Originally posted by MaxWgn

On that wagon chasis...could you seeif the sunroof is still there, and find out how much they're asking for it? The one is mine is about on it's last legs, and the glass is from a sedan, which doesn't seal correctly...
OK. I can't go over to the boneyard until Monday, 2/24, but I am going with a list. Any idea on what is a decent price? I'll put "Maxima station wagon sunroof assy." on it. Anybody else needing stuff, they have several Maximas, get on my list. I have some Maxima and 300ZX engines, electronics, Maxima driver's side doors, etc., here at home in the garage, too.
Old 02-18-2003, 12:33 PM

Re: Re: clueless about the 1st and 2nd gen..and got really confused when i saw this

Originally posted by MaxWgn

Not to beat a dead horse, but yes...a wagon does exist...how do I know? Because I am the proud owner of one. I love it. I would love to do anything possible to keep it on the road forever...imagine, the style, and power of the Max, with a huge trunk...the wagon weighs about 600 lbs more than the sedan, but trust me, you don't really notice it.
Wow is it a true Maxima? Or is it another model in the 'Maxima' trim level? I swear I saw this before; in very early 80's models. Maxima wasn't a model, it was a trim level; like SE,or GLE today.

At least I think I saw this, am I making it up?
Old 02-18-2003, 01:21 PM

Re: Re: Re: clueless about the 1st and 2nd gen..and got really confused when i saw this

Originally posted by soopermax02

Wow is it a true Maxima? Or is it another model in the 'Maxima' trim level? I swear I saw this before; in very early 80's models. Maxima wasn't a model, it was a trim level; like SE,or GLE today.

At least I think I saw this, am I making it up?
No, it's the actual model of the vehichle. In the early eighties (80, 81), and some prior, if I'm not mistaken, the model was actually an 810, and the upscale trim model carried the Maxima trim level. When Datsun / Nissan decided to ditch the numeric model names (except for the Z / ZX models), and just changed the name of the 810 to Maxima, with VERY few options. The car was meant to be Nissan's top-of-the-line flag ship model.

The wagon was just a wagon body version, not a trim level.
Old 02-18-2003, 01:28 PM

Originally posted by dr.disc

OK. I can't go over to the boneyard until Monday, 2/24, but I am going with a list. Any idea on what is a decent price? I'll put "Maxima station wagon sunroof assy." on it. Anybody else needing stuff, they have several Maximas, get on my list. I have some Maxima and 300ZX engines, electronics, Maxima driver's side doors, etc., here at home in the garage, too.
OK, here's my personal list:

sunroof assembly from wagon (no more than $100 if the glass is good, and the motor works.)

driver side window motor & regulator (no idea on price...)

all three front splash shields (both sides, and front under engine)

A/C / Heater control panel from dash - non-auto climent control...standard only.

A good, clear pair of heads lights - black or chrome, i don't care...cheap as possible...i can buy after market replacements for $70 each...they need to still be clear, with no condensation...as they are so commonly known for.

The rear outside handle assembly for the wagon's tail gate. I just need the handle assembly, complete with the return spring...my spring is broken, so the latch is a PITA to work with...

driver-side power seat belt track from around the door frame.

I need these as cheap as possible. I just need prices, first and fore-most...I'll need to put in some heavy a$$ed OT at work to cover them, but I need them...