1st & 2nd Generation Maxima (1981-1984 and 1985-1988) Learn more and share information about the 1st and 2nd Generation Maximas.

Finished alarm install!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2003, 12:38 AM

Finished alarm install!!

Hey guys, i finished the alarm/keyless entry system on my 85 max, im very happy with how it works and i still have two channels to play with, can either pop trunk, roll windows down, turn on system or any two things i choose... the installation was kind of a pain in the ***, the alarm wassint so bad, but getting my actuators too work right was, the actuator on my driver door no longer worked, and someone from here told me it didint even have one for the driver door, well it did and i had to run wires from the rear driver door actuator to the driver door to make it work, real pain....anyway it would be too much to explain the whole install, But, if anyone has any qusetions just reply to this post and id be happy to help, late.
Old 03-26-2003, 09:10 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: Finished alarm install!!

Originally posted by jayrebb
Hey guys, i finished the alarm/keyless entry system on my 85 max, im very happy with how it works and i still have two channels to play with, can either pop trunk, roll windows down, turn on system or any two things i choose... the installation was kind of a pain in the ***, the alarm wassint so bad, but getting my actuators too work right was, the actuator on my driver door no longer worked, and someone from here told me it didint even have one for the driver door, well it did and i had to run wires from the rear driver door actuator to the driver door to make it work, real pain....anyway it would be too much to explain the whole install, But, if anyone has any qusetions just reply to this post and id be happy to help, late.
ohhhh I just want keyless entry, too afraid to touch it though.
Old 03-27-2003, 05:03 PM

How long did it take you? And when you unlock the doors with the remote does it unlock all doors, or just the drivers?

Keyless entry would be nice but don't wanna screw anything up, I guess I can live without it.
Old 04-04-2003, 02:38 AM

Originally posted by Slider
How long did it take you? And when you unlock the doors with the remote does it unlock all doors, or just the drivers?

Keyless entry would be nice but don't wanna screw anything up, I guess I can live without it.
Oh , sorry guys, i dont remember gettin an e-mail saying there was a reply to this post....i was just browsing and saw the replys...anyway..keyless part of the install took me the longest, but thats only because i hadent been able to talk to anyone who had done it so i had to do a lot of trial and error, pluss i had to re-wire my driver actuator, now assuming you got actuators on all four doors.. all you need is the keyless system and 1 bosch type relay (for unlock) there is a relay under the drivers seat and you can tap into those to get your lock/unlock switch wires, its realy not that bad after you get the info i found, if you guys are seriously thinking about installing one feel free to e-mail me and i can walk you through the process, its so nice to have the keyless entry!!! plus the alarm now protecs my system.you can find a system on ebay pretty damn cheap, especially if its just keyless, in my opinion its a good idea...only thing is unlock takes about 3 seconds before it unlocks after jitting the button, i guess cause you gotta run a relay. hope this helps.
Old 04-04-2003, 06:42 AM

Shoot 3 seconds. Fast enough for me. Youre walking up to the car anyway itll take you about that much time to get there. Good job man. Ill have to move my drivers side seat to take a look under there.
Old 04-04-2003, 07:36 AM

Originally posted by max88q
Shoot 3 seconds. Fast enough for me. Youre walking up to the car anyway itll take you about that much time to get there. Good job man. Ill have to move my drivers side seat to take a look under there.
yeah, thats what i figure, by the time you get to the car its unlocked, so its all gravy.
Old 04-04-2003, 08:59 AM

Would you do a write up for us on this? If you could, I could post it in the stickies in our forum
Old 04-07-2003, 03:18 AM

yeah, i`ll do a write up, i need to re-check everything as i dont wanna give you guys bad info, so i`ll try to get it up in like a week, but if anyone wants info before then e-mail me and i`ll see what i can do. Kenneth