1st & 2nd Generation Maxima (1981-1984 and 1985-1988) Learn more and share information about the 1st and 2nd Generation Maximas.

2nd Gen Maxima Getting Huge air VID INSIDE!

Old 03-06-2010, 06:31 PM
boost me.....

2nd Gen Maxima Getting Huge air VID INSIDE!

This is awesome! The max easily ramps 3 times and it still wont break! This thing is beastin!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghoqearbOIs
Old 03-06-2010, 08:03 PM

(insert multiple gun salute smilie) for the unnecessary death of a Maxima
Old 03-06-2010, 08:44 PM
boost me.....

Originally Posted by vernk
(insert multiple gun salute smilie) for the unnecessary death of a Maxima
Tis true, quite a shame. But it definitely shows the max is a tank, its unstoppable!
Old 03-29-2010, 12:15 AM

Blowing his $100...Fixing the exhaust leak, detailing/wash and doing a little maintenance could've made you a least $500....If he had a business head on his shoulders maybe even more! Not surprised at those young, destructive bastards of today!
Old 03-29-2010, 10:10 AM

fkn kids have no respect for a good car
Old 03-29-2010, 01:41 PM

If I had a $100 car, I'd do the same thing.

It's just a second gen. It's not like he's jumping a $2m Bugatti or something.
Old 03-29-2010, 04:31 PM

2nd gens are already hard to find i cant see any reason to do that crap to it, its pretty much a classic

theres plenty of people here who would buy it for more than the $100 he paid and restore it, hell i would give him $500 for it
Old 03-29-2010, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by chrome91
2nd gens are already hard to find i cant see any reason to do that crap to it, its pretty much a classic

theres plenty of people here who would buy it for more than the $100 he paid and restore it, hell i would give him $500 for it
There are a **** ton of 2nd gens around here. They might be rare in Canada-land, but they're on every corner here in TN.

By the way, saying a 2nd gen is a classic is like saying an '88 Crown Vic is a classic.

Last edited by Mr. Brett; 03-29-2010 at 05:08 PM.
Old 03-29-2010, 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by SLCPunk267
There are a **** ton of 2nd gens around here. They might be rare in Canada-land, but they're on every corner here in TN.

By the way, saying a 2nd gen is a classic is like saying an '88 Crown Vic is a classic.

Thats got to be pretty much the dumbest thing ever said...and as for comparing an HU11 Maxima to some crap Bugatti...well thats pretty disgusting as well..lol,but seriously...

And saying they are not rare is just silly! how many {like new} HU11 1985-88 Maxima's have you seen? Im sure you are referring to rusted out,trash owned,blown engined,moldy ones sitting behind a trailer crashed up and in pieces waiting for the crusher to haul them off...Kind of like MKII Supra's, people say they are common {but thats just because they see 30 of them at the junkyard waiting to be crushed every time they go down there} it DOES NOT translate into them being restored and seen on the street or at a carshow! NOW THATS WHERE YOU DONT SEE THEM! {because they are rare}...

lol,I would crush 1,000 Bugatti's before even scratching the paint on a fine beautiful fully restored black HU11 Maxima SE

you dont belong here...

Last edited by DIASISS OF JASSICS.COM; 03-29-2010 at 05:33 PM.
Old 03-29-2010, 05:36 PM

pretty much 1st, 2nd, and 3rd gens are rare here. idiots junkyard them with good engines and perfect interiors, cars then were built alot better than the crap around today so theyre stupid for getting rid of them. look at all the problems 6th gen Maxima are having sticking in 5th, and Nissan wont do a recall. 5th gens seem to have their share of oil burners after only being around for a decade as well

a Crown Vic and Maxima are completely different as well Crown Vic were made by the thousands for cops, and now pretty much only old people drive them and IIRC theyre just being built for police now. Some people prefer to restore a old car rather than jump it around. think of the people who genuinely cant even buy a POS car, a 2nd gen Maxima would last a looooooong time, more than any 80's domestic could do

theres only 1 type of vehicle i would wish jumping/destroying on, LS1/domestic engine swapped imports.

Last edited by chrome91; 03-29-2010 at 05:41 PM.
Old 03-29-2010, 05:46 PM

pretty much 1st, 2nd, and 3rd gens are rare here. idiots junkyard them with good engines and perfect interiors, cars then were built alot better than the crap around today so theyre stupid for getting rid of them. look at all the problems 6th gen Maxima are having sticking in 5th, and Nissan wont do a recall. 5th gens seem to have their share of oil burners after only being around for a decade as well

a Crown Vic and Maxima are completely different as well Crown Vic were made by the thousands for cops, and now pretty much only old people drive them and IIRC theyre just being built for police now. Some people prefer to restore a old car rather than jump it around. think of the people who genuinely cant even buy a POS car, a 2nd gen Maxima would last a looooooong time, more than any 80's domestic could do

theres only 1 type of vehicle i would wish jumping/destroying on, LS1/domestic engine swapped imports.
agreed
Old 03-29-2010, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by DIASISS OF JASSICS.COM
Thats got to be pretty much the dumbest thing ever said...and as for comparing an HU11 Maxima to some crap Bugatti...well thats pretty disgusting as well..lol,but seriously...

And saying they are not rare is just silly! how many {like new} HU11 1985-88 Maxima's have you seen? Im sure you are referring to rusted out,trash owned,blown engined,moldy ones sitting behind a trailer crashed up and in pieces waiting for the crusher to haul them off...Kind of like MKII Supra's, people say they are common {but thats just because they see 30 of them at the junkyard waiting to be crushed every time they go down there} it DOES NOT translate into them being restored and seen on the street or at a carshow! NOW THATS WHERE YOU DONT SEE THEM! {because they are rare}...

lol,I would crush 1,000 Bugatti's before even scratching the paint on a fine beautiful fully restored black HU11 Maxima SE

you dont belong here...
You'd take a $200 grocery getter over a $1.2m exotic that would probably get you more women and be way more fun than you can imagine?

I didn't say whether they were restored or not. Just that there are quite a few around. Still driving, even.

I don't belong here, why...? Because I have profound respect for classic cars and exotics that are way more valuable than our Maxima?

I'd restore a classic Mustang or Camaro before I'd restore a classic Maxima.

Boss 429 > 2nd gen Maxima.

By the way, an '88 Crown Vic would smear an '88 Maxima all over the road.

And the only reason you hate LS-1s is because they make your imports faster than they are with their stock engines.

As for oil burning in the 5th gen, it's not as common as you think.

Last edited by Mr. Brett; 03-29-2010 at 06:01 PM.
Old 03-29-2010, 06:11 PM

i can actually swear that i would take a 2nd gen over a Lamborghini, Ferarri, Bugatti, whatever. i would rather build something up than be one of those losers in a suit with sunglasses in a pre-built car that you cant do anything to yourself really.

LS-1 are just excessive, its too much power. Japanese believe in balance, hence why most people with Skylines and such like to stay within 350hp-400hp, they want balance not overbearing power. the exception is really Supras and others built to 1200hp for going solely in a straight line. nearly all of the people i know that have shops in Japan say they build their personal cars for balance, hence what i'm trying to do with my 3rd gen. i dont want overbearing power, just 250hp-350hp with a turbo, and get all of the handling upgrades done first. i'm actually really proud of 2nd and 3rd gen Maximas. everyone focuses on balance, JoeBoost's 3rd gen has 380hp with a JDM VG30ET, and Big E Dog with a TT 2nd gen that maintained balance.

and LS1 RX7 are the worst, i mean its RX7 because RX= rotary experiment. LS1 swap it, you may as well call it Corvette-7 or whatever cars LS1 come out of. a rotary will redline higher than any LS1 anyways
Old 03-29-2010, 07:02 PM

^^ who the **** cares if it redlines higher its the power that counts...

look at diesels they redline at what 4500 but they also make about 600 lb/ft of torque stock. a lot more than a rotary could even dream of.
Old 03-29-2010, 09:14 PM

You'd take a $200 grocery getter over a $1.2m exotic that would probably get you more women and be way more fun than you can imagine?

I didn't say whether they were restored or not. Just that there are quite a few around. Still driving, even.

I don't belong here, why...? Because I have profound respect for classic cars and exotics that are way more valuable than our Maxima?

I'd restore a classic Mustang or Camaro before I'd restore a classic Maxima.

Boss 429 > 2nd gen Maxima.

By the way, an '88 Crown Vic would smear an '88 Maxima all over the road.

And the only reason you hate LS-1s is because they make your imports faster than they are with their stock engines.

As for oil burning in the 5th gen, it's not as common as you think.
lol,like i said you just dont belong here...
Old 03-29-2010, 09:46 PM

lol,like i said you just dont belong here...
Still didn't answer my question. But okay.

From what you're saying, I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one you'd classify as "not belonging here," though. I'm sure there are plenty of other orgers that would take a classic sports car over a 2nd gen Max.
Old 03-29-2010, 11:07 PM

thats one thing i dont get, so many people seem to hate having a Maxima, yet still stay and when they do get rid of the Maxima and get what seems to always be a BMW, they still stay
Old 03-30-2010, 12:43 AM

its about being a purist
Old 03-30-2010, 06:36 AM

thats one thing i dont get, so many people seem to hate having a Maxima, yet still stay and when they do get rid of the Maxima and get what seems to always be a BMW, they still stay
THANK YOU!!! Why do people like this even hang out here? lol! I think its very sellout of them to always trash talk Maximas HERE... They should hang out in the Crown Vic,Mustang or BMW forums... but i guess its still a free country lol
Old 03-30-2010, 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by maximo018
its about being a purist
im not a purist, i actually love it when people do SR20DET swaps on 240sx, RB20DET swaps into 240sx, RB26DETT into 240z, etc. its just that Japanese engines belong in Japanese cars, even on Youtube you can see all of the muscle car guys saying that you deserve to be shot if you put a RB26 into a Camaro. yet its fine if you do the opposite like puting a LS1 into a 240sx? muscle car owners are ignorant jerks too, they call Skylines and RX7 rice. they see a riced Honda, and they think every import is rice. why cant i be the same way? i see one heavy V8 muscle car, all muscle cars are worthless to me. if they want to hate all imports, i can be one of those who hates all muscle cars. 2 can play at that game

and muscle car guys say ricers have excuses, theres plenty of vids on Youtube where 240z, MR2, and Skylines smoke the living crap out of Chevelle or whatever and they have so many excuses why the import smoked them.

and i dont still get the staying here thing, you gather stuff to go turbo and you get the "why are you trying to turbo a POS FWD 4dr sedan?" "get something RWD". its a Maxima site, therefore you would think most people would be fine with a FWD 4dr but guess not. staying around and being negative in your BMW/CTS-V/whatever

Last edited by chrome91; 03-30-2010 at 10:31 AM.
Old 03-30-2010, 11:13 AM

THANK YOU!!! Why do people like this even hang out here?
the funny thing is everyone makes fun of the people who put personal pics up in their album and say that the site isnt Facebook, but if you get rid of your Maxima, you yourself are basically using the site as Facebook
Old 03-30-2010, 11:40 AM

I don't hate having a Maxima. I like my Maxima. I just understand that there are other cars out there that are far more respectable than my FWD grocery getter. I don't want a BMW, anyway. I want a WRX.

Besides, a lot of people stick around here because they have connections on the org. Ever heard of DAVEB? Or just because they have friends on the org. A forum is a forum. So what?

THANK YOU!!! Why do people like this even hang out here? lol! I think its very sellout of them to always trash talk Maximas HERE... They should hang out in the Crown Vic,Mustang or BMW forums... but i guess its still a free country lol
I own a Maxima. Do I need any more reason to be here?

The reason we put the Maxima "down" is because we've all driven them and know what their potential is, as well as their downfalls. Not everyone on the org thinks their Maxima is a NASCAR.

the funny thing is everyone makes fun of the people who put personal pics up in their album and say that the site isnt Facebook, but if you get rid of your Maxima, you yourself are basically using the site as Facebook
See my first reply.

Last edited by Mr. Brett; 03-30-2010 at 11:42 AM.
Old 03-30-2010, 11:59 AM

Well Mr. SLC i guess we will just agree to disagree...

On another note, me personally I love the 85-88 Maxima as a cultural and style icon! so as far as its performance,reliability,and all that jazz go i could care less! {although it shouldnt be a FWD}...I just hate to see an HU11 needlessly die! just like a Continental enthusiast would hate to see a Lincoln Continental die {regardless of how badly engineered it is}...

http://forums.maxima.org/album.php?albumid=210

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_9-yiAlbdA

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...ageID=26192759

Last edited by DIASISS OF JASSICS.COM; 03-30-2010 at 12:05 PM.
Old 03-30-2010, 12:04 PM

Well Mr. SLC i guess we will just agree to disagree...

On another note, me personally I love the 85-88 Maxima as a cultural and style icon! so as far as its performance,reliability,and all that jazz go i could care less! {although it shouldnt be a FWD}...I just hate to see an HU11 needlessly die! just like a Continental enthusiast would hate to see a Lincoln Continental die {regardless of how badly engineered it is}...
Okay, that's more of the kind of a response I was looking for.

I mean, to each their own.

I just think it would've been more depressing to see something like a '69 Camaro being jumped. Or in your case, a 280z.
Old 03-30-2010, 12:07 PM

Okay, that's more of the kind of a response I was looking for.

I mean, to each their own.

I just think it would've been more depressing to see something like a '69 Camaro being jumped. Or in your case, a 280z.
i love 280s!!! look at this one... http://jassics.ning.com/video/fully-...ed-black-turbo
Old 03-30-2010, 03:01 PM

now this is a decent swap, a 450sx. 240sx with a 4.5L Infiniti SUV engine

Old 03-30-2010, 03:34 PM

now THATS nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hey check this out Chrome!!! this is for all those guys who de-soul Jassic cars!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZqtJTlXON8
Old 03-30-2010, 03:45 PM

lol you showed me that vid on your Jassics site, thats a really nice car
Old 03-30-2010, 05:34 PM

lol you showed me that vid on your Jassics site, thats a really nice car
WHAT!!??? forgive me but what is your screen name on there??? its hard for me to keep up with everyone
Old 03-30-2010, 06:58 PM

WHAT!!??? forgive me but what is your screen name on there??? its hard for me to keep up with everyone
92MaximaGXE

i commented on the LS1 swap page a few times, said we should get a Z06 Corvette and stick the 0.9L I4 engine from a Datsun truck (25hp) into it and see how everyone likes it
Old 03-30-2010, 07:11 PM

92MaximaGXE

i commented on the LS1 swap page a few times, said we should get a Z06 Corvette and stick the 0.9L I4 engine from a Datsun truck (25hp) into it and see how everyone likes it
OH YEAH!!! i remember now! wassup bro!
Old 03-30-2010, 07:15 PM

LS-1 >>>>> 2JZ

Old 03-30-2010, 07:25 PM

2JZ is legendary those things can take a beating and not show it at all, known for being able to take high shots of NOS too

2.0L-3.7L engines>*
Old 03-30-2010, 07:35 PM

2JZ is legendary those things can take a beating and not show it at all, known for being able to take high shots of NOS too

2.0L-3.7L engines>*
Engine for engine, the LS-1 is superior in every aspect. Considering the LS that powers the ZR-1 is made completely out of aluminum, AND weighs less than most V6s, that's something to brag about.

GM has also been using the same engine designs since the first engines rolled off the lines in Detroit over a century ago. The fact that they can fall back on their basic design time and time again while other companies have to keep re-designing engines is something else to brag about.

I would take the sound of a V8 over the weedeater rasp of an I4 any day.
Old 03-30-2010, 07:49 PM

Engine for engine, the LS-1 is superior in every aspect. Considering the LS that powers the ZR-1 is made completely out of aluminum, AND weighs less than most V6s, that's something to brag about.

GM has also been using the same engine designs since the first engines rolled off the lines in Detroit over a century ago. The fact that they can fall back on their basic design time and time again while other companies have to keep re-designing engines is something else to brag about.

I would take the sound of a V8 over the weedeater rasp of an I4 any day.
LOL,I dont think so...A 2JZ is an iron block which means its MUCH stronger than some aluminum engine that warps EVERY time you get on it...the crude American v8 is built but the 2JZ is ENGINEERED, big difference the 2JZ is an engine of balance because it gets great gas mileage,is strong as an ox,is a power house that handles upwards of 2,000hp when built right,and is EXTREMELY reliable...I have never seen a blown up 2JZ that runs stock 320hp or even a little more,but it seems like every time i turn around a Chevy 350 blew up because of high compression,or just overheating because its a flimsy aluminum engine...So once again I do not agree...

Not to mention 1 of Americas biggest disadvanteges is that it doesnt change...Japan changes up every 2 years which does make them harder to work on but the fact that they see the need to evolve where as America doesnt can have its good points...

And a boosted Supra engine sounds MUCH more violent and fierce IMO anyday..lol,just listen to this one... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2Q-sjDl2u4

Last edited by DIASISS OF JASSICS.COM; 03-30-2010 at 08:00 PM.
Old 03-30-2010, 08:03 PM

LOL,I dont think so...A 2JZ is an iron block which means its MUCH stronger than some aluminum engine that warps EVERY time you get on it...the crude American v8 is built but the 2JZ is ENGINEERED, big difference the 2JZ is an engine of balance because it gets great gas mileage,is strong as an ox,is a power house that handles upwards of 2,000hp when built right,and is EXTREMELY reliable...I have never seen a blown up 2JZ that runs stock 320hp or even a little more,but it seems like every time i turn around a Chevy 350 blew up because of high compression,or just overheating because its a flimsy aluminum engine...So once again I do not agree...

And a boosted Supra engine sounds MUCH more violent and fierce IMO anyday..lol,just listen to this one... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2Q-sjDl2u4
The only reason you see detonating engines is because retards bolt on parts and expect the engine to just go without proper tuning, building and R&D. Stock, the American engines hold up very well.

Iron blocks don't necessarily mean superior strength. Forged aluminum is just as resilient as regular iron. Enough so that many Japanese engines are switching to aluminum parts as well.

As far as gas mileage, my Trans Am got great mileage. 30 MPG+ on the highway. It's not necessarily about the engine, but the gear ratios.

Honestly, the worst-mileage car I had was a Lexus IS300 with a...detuned 2JZ in it. It took almost 3/8 of a tank to drive 70 miles. It took my Trans Am just under 1/4.

Classic muscle cars will turn 2,000 horsepower without complaining as well. It just takes a bit of ingenuity and understanding how an engine actually functions.

Personally, I'd be a lot more scared of hearing something like this roll up next to me than I would a TT V6.
Old 03-30-2010, 08:11 PM

The only reason you see detonating engines is because retards bolt on parts and expect the engine to just go without proper tuning, building and R&D. Stock, the American engines hold up very well.

Iron blocks don't necessarily mean superior strength. Forged aluminum is just as resilient as regular iron. Enough so that many Japanese engines are switching to aluminum parts as well.

As far as gas mileage, my Trans Am got great mileage. 30 MPG+ on the highway. It's not necessarily about the engine, but the gear ratios.

Honestly, the worst-mileage car I had was a Lexus IS300 with a...detuned 2JZ in it. It took almost 3/8 of a tank to drive 70 miles. It took my Trans Am just under 1/4.

Classic muscle cars will turn 2,000 horsepower without complaining as well. It just takes a bit of ingenuity and understanding how an engine actually functions.

Personally, I'd be a lot more scared of hearing something like this roll up next to me than I would a TT V6.
hmmm...

what year was your T.A.???
Old 03-30-2010, 08:13 PM

'99. I still miss it. The raw horsepower was a blast.

Sure, it handled like a brick on stock suspension, but when it's your DD, how often do you actually get to take it to the track? Most of the "go-fast" time is spent doing so in a straight line.

Old 03-30-2010, 08:18 PM

'99. I still miss it. The raw horsepower was a blast.

Sure, it handled like a brick on stock suspension, but when it's your DD, how often do you actually get to take it to the track? Most of the "go-fast" time is spent doing so in a straight line.

i had a 2000 v6...and i almost bought a black 98 Trans Am 3 months ago... but instead i bought my 3rd Maxima... a 1997 Stillen modded Maxima... http://c1.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/i...f08d21c40c.jpg
Old 03-30-2010, 08:25 PM

i had a 2000 v6...and i almost bought a black 98 Trans Am 3 months ago... but instead i bought my 3rd Maxima... a 1997 Stillen modded Maxima... http://c1.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/i...f08d21c40c.jpg
I wouldn't mind another Trans Am. Preferably a WS-6, though.

I'd also take a Camaro. But only an SS. The SS is the only model that is pricey enough to keep the mullet men from getting a hold of them and ragging them out.

By Stillen modded, what exactly was done?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2nd Gen Maxima Getting Huge air VID INSIDE!