1st & 2nd Generation Maxima (1981-1984 and 1985-1988) Learn more and share information about the 1st and 2nd Generation Maximas.

Total Must Read

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2002, 09:01 PM

Total Must Read

Hey guys, you know about 3geez? http://www.3geez.com The third gen honda accord site? They think their cars are all the sh-shut yo mouth. I know cause my friend is in it. But anyways, you NEED to check out this post: http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1789

The Crazy FOOL thinks his old accord can beat an 87 max. And the post by 89NinjaAccordLX, my friend is funny, cause I'm the 88 max that beat him:

uhm... please do. last time i raced my friend's 88 maxima we both had people in the cars and we were going uphill. he was pullin away off the line and didn't really keep going after that. oh, then i got a speeding ticket. first ever. so anyways, my friend now thinks that his car is faster than mine. he read this post and is probably reading it now and laughing to himself... the bastard. yeah you steve. at any rate, please race the maxima and get video of it. dont stop just cuz he has you off the line. a quarter mile race is yours! yes, believe it or not steve.

1. My car was heavier than his to begin with.
2. I took him off the start and continued to get ahead of him
3. At 3 car lengths, he still has not caught up at all and never will, so...
4. I put on my blinker, got in front of him and slowed down (but without breaking, so he might have thought I was pushing)

Tell me what you guys think about this. I think this is so funny. My friend still tinks his car is fast, but I usually never tease him about the race cause he got a ticket off of it and I feel bad. Since then though, he has gotten a body kit and he thinks his car is fast again. Poor guy, he needs a new car. He also always used to tell me that his car could kick my max's ***, but I never said anything. He stopped when I beat him, but kept going again after he got the body kit.

Anyways, I'd love to hear all of your opinions.

PS He thinks he can take my BRAND NEW Sentra SE-R in his dad's 88 Ford Taura (manual) cause he doesn't know I can drive stick :-)
Someone needs to set the 3geez straight. Think we can organize some kind of meet against them?
Old 06-04-2002, 10:13 PM

It's a waste of gas and time. Unless someone is willing to put out the $$$ to race, I'm gonna save whatever I have in my gas tank.

I like racing newer cars, it's much more fun when they know they're getting their @ss handed to them by a 88 Maxima.

Mean, mean, mean! I had a 92 Toyota Corolla fly past me when I was messing with my cell phone, turns out its this guy from my automotive class at college. He's all pounding his car like he's the ****s, I was too busy chatting away but I was only three cars behind him cause I didn't bother myself with the maze game manuvers I usually pull at 90mph or higher.

Your brand new SE-R will spank him a new one. I hope you got the Spec V.
Old 06-04-2002, 11:00 PM

Yeah I got the Spec-V, black with the lava interior, i'm lovin it. the engine's loud though.
Old 06-04-2002, 11:35 PM
Charles Bisel

Hahahaha, an old Accord beating a Maxima in a race, that's a good one! There's not a fat chance in hell a POS Accord can beat a Maxima from the same model year. Hell, I've even handed mid 90's Accord owners their asses to them. Just look at the specs for god's sake, the Maxima wins in both HP and torque, not to mention that it has better gearing. And the Maxima is a much better car in terms of quality than an Accord. A 2002 Max puts out what, 255 HP / 246 lb.ft. of torque. What does a 2002 Accord V6 put out 200 HP / 195 lb.ft of torque.

Better yet, an 88 Accord put out a measly 98 HP. If you had the big bucks, you could get an LXi with a whopping 120 HP!

As for a race between an SE-R Spec V and an old POS Taurus, you've got to be joking. You'd anhilihate that horrible excuse for a car. Just make sure he doesn't wreck it due to it's pathetic handling characteristics or blow a head gasket or something from it being such an old piece of sh*t.

-C-