1st & 2nd Generation Maxima (1981-1984 and 1985-1988) Learn more and share information about the 1st and 2nd Generation Maximas.

fire in tha hole

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2002, 08:57 PM

fire in tha hole

as those who follow i am the on who every one told i could not twin turbo my max. well i didnt get it done YET. while taking out all the junk i put in my max i or someone ruptured some fluid line. while the car sat up on stands we took a break and a person to remain annoymous threw a cig. on the floor of the shop and BOOM. THE FRONT OF MY MAX COUGHT FIRE. luckley we put the fire out before it ruined the car. but from the front windshield foward is melted. i had the hood off the car. the fenders and unibody is ok the bumper and grill melted. ok iam for real what is the badded a*s motor anyone can think to put in this thing. iv got a rolled 85 300zx and two 88 max parts cars. so putting this thing back to gether is reasonable. but if iam gonna, i want the ultimate.
Old 06-25-2002, 09:23 PM
Charles Bisel

Old 06-26-2002, 12:26 AM

How bad is bad?

Come on, Chuck, give the kid a break, he's trying. 88...2nv, think NORTHSTAR!
Old 06-26-2002, 12:24 PM

Re: fire in tha hole

Dude you have the ultimate excuses for everything. Good luck on your
ride.

Mike

Originally posted by 88max2nv
as those who follow i am the on who every one told i could not twin turbo my max. well i didnt get it done YET. while taking out all the junk i put in my max i or someone ruptured some fluid line. while the car sat up on stands we took a break and a person to remain annoymous threw a cig. on the floor of the shop and BOOM. THE FRONT OF MY MAX COUGHT FIRE. luckley we put the fire out before it ruined the car. but from the front windshield foward is melted. i had the hood off the car. the fenders and unibody is ok the bumper and grill melted. ok iam for real what is the badded a*s motor anyone can think to put in this thing. iv got a rolled 85 300zx and two 88 max parts cars. so putting this thing back to gether is reasonable. but if iam gonna, i want the ultimate.
Old 06-26-2002, 12:42 PM

Re: fire in tha hole

LMAO. Unless you've had a fuel line open and leaking on the floor how does it catch one fire? Things just don't spontaniously combust for no reason. Wait I think I have the answer http://www.lamer.net/owned-altezzas.jpg.

Originally posted by 88max2nv
THE FRONT OF MY MAX COUGHT FIRE.
Old 06-26-2002, 12:51 PM
I'm needing a caw

Got pics?
Old 06-26-2002, 01:05 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Amazing. It didn't catch your building or the surrounding area on fire. It didn't burn you. What did you put it out with?

I vote you for the best excuse as to why you can't turbo your max. You are a pathetic little turd.
Old 06-26-2002, 01:56 PM

Weve told ya already a vg30eT not twin turbo but one. One is the only most realistic to do and the only one that will successfully fit. Thats the ultimate, make your own turbo and rebuild the whole engine to withstand 450 hp. Out of how many???? ONE TURBO!!!!
Old 06-26-2002, 02:01 PM

Remember, we are only limited by the bounds of our imagination.
Old 06-26-2002, 02:18 PM
Charles Bisel

Hey guys, let's let up on the dude, after all, he was telling the truth about his friend having a Hennessey Viper.

Here's the pic of it:

Old 06-26-2002, 05:24 PM

Best of luck in twin-turboing your Maxima, can't think of any way you could do it without grabbing the VE engine and modding your chassis.

Also, the only thing I think you've been burning is the end of your crack pipe. Lay off the sauce and put your $ in your ride, you moof.
Old 06-27-2002, 10:41 AM

Originally posted by avalon42
Best of luck in twin-turboing your Maxima, can't think of any way you could do it without grabbing the VE engine and modding your chassis.

Also, the only thing I think you've been burning is the end of your crack pipe. Lay off the sauce and put your $ in your ride, you moof.
I think this is his way of just TRYING to clear up his Twin turbo idea and trying to get in good. Dude youve already scarred your likelyhood of us ever believing you. Plus who would smoke while working on a car and throws a cig on the floor, man you are dumb.
Old 06-28-2002, 01:36 PM
Charles Bisel

If he wants to get in good with us, he needs to change his username and come back as a whole new person. He needs to be straight up about what he's done to his Maxima. He pretty much flushed any credibility that he had down the sh*tter with all of these lies upon lies. I can't stand people who BS because it tarnishes the reputation of those of us who are actually trying to do work to our Maximas. He makes all of us 2nd geners look bad, people will think that we are all full of bullsh*t. It takes a lot of time, money, and effort to do performance/restoration work to a car, and for some idiot to come in here and say that he has all of this stuff to his car and actually think that we have our heads up our ***** and are going to believe him is just f*cking ridiculous. He's just wasting the bandwidth and hard drive space of maxima.org and he's wasting my time by having to read his stupid b.s.

-C-

Old 06-28-2002, 02:07 PM

true true
Old 06-29-2002, 01:01 AM

Enough is enough.

...or better yet, 88maxyadayadayadawhateverlikewhocaresanyway, sell all of the Max parts you supposedly have to someone who knows what to do with them, then start checking e-bay motors under "Mustang". Moron
Old 06-30-2002, 11:08 AM

northstar???? cadillac. cool , well to all i know now what cought fire. the mat on the floor that catches all the fluid. yes as if yall care i did get second degree burns on my hands and forarms . no it did not mess up my shop the roof is really black though. as for selling the parts. i have been. one turbo is gone as is the 300zx. the turbo is going in a 200sx ser with a sr20de motor. can the det motor out of a pulsar be swaper into the max??? yes chuckey boy i know the t means turbo. and thats not a pic of my friends hennssey viper. as you know all that on has the venom package on it. my friend s just had the motor.
Old 06-30-2002, 09:10 PM

LOL

ummm, the Northstar thing, that was a joke, dumbass.
Old 07-01-2002, 08:36 AM
Charles Bisel

Of course you can stick a 2.0L 4 banger in your Maxima. I know a lot of dumbass schmucks that do that. After all, why settle for a V6 when you can go 4 banger! You should write to Nissan and tell them they should start putting 2.0L 4 bangers in all of their Maximas. Just think, it would be a smaller engine than the stock Altima with the 2.5. How awesome would that be! I'm sure it would have no trouble at all pulling a 3200lb. car. You should be able to get 0-60 times in the 15 second range and 1/4 mile times of 25 seconds or so. Pretty awesome sh*t!

Oh, and if you had 2nd degree burns on your hands and forearms, you wouldn't be doing anything anytime soon, dumbass.

Oh, here's some spelling corrections for you too:

cought ----> caught
yall ------> you all
forarms ---> forearms
swaper ----> swapped
hennssey --> Hennessey
friends ---> friend's

-C-

Old 07-01-2002, 02:51 PM

-C-,

Can't you see the guy is trying his best to straighten his lie a bit.
Give him a few more paragraphs and it'll become the truth. NOT!!!

Mike

Originally posted by Charles Bisel
Of course you can stick a 2.0L 4 banger in your Maxima. I know a lot of dumbass schmucks that do that. After all, why settle for a V6 when you can go 4 banger! You should write to Nissan and tell them they should start putting 2.0L 4 bangers in all of their Maximas. Just think, it would be a smaller engine than the stock Altima with the 2.5. How awesome would that be! I'm sure it would have no trouble at all pulling a 3200lb. car. You should be able to get 0-60 times in the 15 second range and 1/4 mile times of 25 seconds or so. Pretty awesome sh*t!

Oh, and if you had 2nd degree burns on your hands and forearms, you wouldn't be doing anything anytime soon, dumbass.

cought ----> caught
yall ------> you all
forarms ---> forearms
swaper ----> swapped
hennssey --> Hennessey
friends ---> friend's

-C-
Old 07-01-2002, 08:24 PM

Originally posted by Charles Bisel

cought ----> caught
yall ------> you all
forarms ---> forearms
swaper ----> swapped

Actually just about every cxar in Japan has a 4 liter engine to them 6 cylinders is considered big. I think in the Japanese Maximas strut a 2.5 liter engine.
hennssey --> Hennessey
friends ---> friend's

-C-
Old 07-01-2002, 10:29 PM
Charles Bisel

Yeah, the Nissan Cefiro (Japanese Maxima) sports a 4-banger engine and performance suffers because of it. Gas is also twice as expensive over in Japan, in addition to their higher costs for insurance. The reason that their gas prices are so much higher than ours is that they import most of their oil from the Middle East, whereas the United States produces most of its oil domestically. Also, they have higher taxes on their gasoline as well.

Nissan North America has never and would never consider putting a 4 cylinder engine in the Maxima. The car is just too heavy for a 4 banger and even a turbo wouldn't help much cause a turbo doesn't provide as big of a boost in torque as it does in horsepower. Also, the 4 cylinder engine takes away from the prestige that the Maxima name represents.

Remember, there's no replacement for displacement.

-C-

Old 07-02-2002, 05:13 AM

Hey, I have an idea! Let's swap an iron block/ iron head four banger in from an early '80s Volvo 240. That would be at least 110 hp!! Talk about speed!
Old 07-02-2002, 12:43 PM

Have I got a 4 for you

Since this seems to be turning into a group project, I would like to offer the 1147cc Triumph I have laying around (65hp!) maybe the non-overdrive 4spd also. Ooops, that's for rear drive. 88max... you see these guys aren't so bad. Look how were all trying to help out after the (tehe)"fire".
Old 07-03-2002, 06:18 PM

just askin bout the 4 banger. damn. any ways, i got the front of rhe car took apart completley.(i didnt do it i just watched) so as it sits i get ideas. anyone know of an airbag set up that will bolt in?
or has anyone got air ride on their car??? how was it done?
Old 07-07-2002, 11:27 PM

I wanna help, I really do...

88maxithinki'mgonnagagifihavetowritethisagain, There's another web site that might be able to help you also. Check out www.hookedonphonics.com