3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

What do you think of this civic?

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2000, 02:24 PM

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cg...item=518905971
Old 12-10-2000, 02:25 PM

I think the yellow graphics make it go faster!
Old 12-10-2000, 02:32 PM

If it lost the clear tails and all that yellow **** I'd buy it..
Old 12-10-2000, 03:12 PM
Eagles Fan 4 Lyfe

actually i think its pretty nice...the clears have to go...but i think i could stand the yellow to a certain extent....
Old 12-10-2000, 03:48 PM
is invisible

Doesn't need it...

Originally posted by JDwyer2821
I think the yellow graphics make it go faster!
It does 11s-12s in the 1/4 mile. How many Maximas can claim that?
Old 12-10-2000, 04:52 PM

I personally think its ugly as sh**. I dont care how fast it is. I cant stand civics.
Old 12-10-2000, 04:53 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

I'd buy it.....

w/o the graphics and clear tails, it would be one hell of a SLEEPER!!!! and $10gs is a pretty good price too!!
Old 12-10-2000, 05:48 PM

Re: I'd buy it.....

I cant believe that you like that dog****! I like to see how comfortable it is compared to a maxima. Its not powerful, it just weighs a lot less than a max. I think if a Max had as many options of modifications as a Honda, that time would be achievable. I think also you can pick up more women in a max than that dog**** anyday.
Old 12-10-2000, 05:57 PM

Re: Re: I'd buy it.....

I cant believe that you like that dog****! I like to see how comfortable it is compared to a maxima. Its not powerful, it just weighs a lot less than a max. I think if a Max had as many options of modifications as a Honda, that time would be achievable. I think also you can pick up more women in a max than that dog**** anyday.

ONCE A MAXIMA FANATIC, ALWAYS A MAXIMA FANATIC.

I hate Civics. The only Honda I would buy would be a 1993 Accord SE or EX.

But I am very happy and obsessed with my 91 Maxima SE ---Aztec Red.

That's my 2 cents.

Thank you.
Old 12-10-2000, 06:34 PM

Re: Re: Re: I'd buy it.....

Originally posted by superdesi

ONCE A MAXIMA FANATIC, ALWAYS A MAXIMA FANATIC.

I hate Civics. The only Honda I would buy would be a 1993 Accord SE or EX.

But I am very happy and obsessed with my 91 Maxima SE ---Aztec Red.

That's my 2 cents.

Thank you.

Right on guys! Those crappy civics need to be left alone to what they were made for. Cheap *** budget cars that get you from here to there with great gas milege. Now if you buy one for that than I'm cool with ya. But if you buy a civic just to make it look like that piece a **** for sale then you got some problems. I'll take the same amount of money and buy a 94' stang GT and whoop its ***, without even puttin a SC on it yet.
Old 12-10-2000, 06:43 PM
is invisible

WTF?

The car costs $5k-$10k less than a Maxima, what do you expect?
I'm glad this Maxima-elitist attitude gets shot down when BMW guys step in.
Old 12-10-2000, 07:00 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

Okay for all the EXTREME haters.......

no one is talking about being a Honduh lover or any sh*t like that, but pure performance wise that car is sweet, Civic, Honda or whatever!!! and I'm sorry to tell 'ya but you're wrong about a Maxima having limits on it options for achieving that power!! If you've got $10gs you've got 300FWDHP <b>NON-TURBO</b> 3.0L engine EASY!!!!! wanna know how, Hekimen Engines makes it........its not about the car, its about the cash put into it!!!!! Ever seen a Geo Metro run a 10sec 1/4miles???? nuff said!! some of you need to stop hating and realize pure performance when you see it!!! I'd like a turbo kit just as he next man, but WE DON'T have one, so make due w/ with we've got and stop complaining...thats my $.02!!!
Old 12-10-2000, 07:25 PM

Re: Okay for all the EXTREME haters.......

That Civic was on the cover of Super Street in Sept. of 1999. It has a sh*t load of extras, and by the looks of all the performance upgrades I would say it is pretty damn fast. I still wouldn't want it though. Gotta be true to my Nissan roots.
Old 12-10-2000, 07:43 PM

Re: Okay for all the EXTREME haters.......

Originally posted by DA-MAX
no one is talking about being a Honduh lover or any sh*t like that, but pure performance wise that car is sweet, Civic, Honda or whatever!!! and I'm sorry to tell 'ya but you're wrong about a Maxima having limits on it options for achieving that power!! If you've got $10gs you've got 300FWDHP <b>NON-TURBO</b> 3.0L engine EASY!!!!! wanna know how, Hekimen Engines makes it........its not about the car, its about the cash put into it!!!!! Ever seen a Geo Metro run a 10sec 1/4miles???? nuff said!! some of you need to stop hating and realize pure performance when you see it!!! I'd like a turbo kit just as he next man, but WE DON'T have one, so make due w/ with we've got and stop complaining...thats my $.02!!!
I know what your saying about all this. I have seen all those cars that are hooked up to run 10's like metro's, focus's ect... But still as far as I'm concerned they are all pieces of ****. I mean if your gonna buy a car for its speed than why buy a 4 cylinder, esspecially an ugly *** one. I do hate honda's I'll let everyone know, really I just hate any compact car foreign or domestic. Only when it comes to racing though. I just dont see the point in buying a car that everyone else has and trying to do what everyone else has done. Thats the onlt reason I even mess with my max. I know that if I hook up my max I wont be driving down the road and see another one just like it. Even though there are quite a few of us at maxima.org, I can tell you that I have only seen one other max in real life that was pretty hooked up around where I live. And he had no performance mods at all. I'm all about being different, and the best way to be that is to stay the farthest away from civics that I can.
Old 12-10-2000, 07:53 PM

Who cares if its comfortable or some other ****? If thats what you like, fine. Some people will sacrafice comfort for power. Your Max isn't as comfortable as a Benz or as fast as a McLaren F1 is it? Then shut the hell up..
Old 12-10-2000, 07:59 PM
Foo90SE

It'll go for more than 10k...

still got 3 days to go
Horrible graphics...
The tails--person just needs smacking..then put the stock ones back on
IMO those are the best looking civics...followed by the early 90's 2door sedans (before the wierd headlights)

Old 12-10-2000, 08:03 PM

If you notice the reserve is not met yet. Who knows how much that guy wants for that worthless piece of sheetmetal.
Old 12-10-2000, 08:11 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

Yup, I feel the same way......

I hate to see all those "TWIN, Look-a-like Riced Out" civics and sh*t flying around my city too (everybody has the same "Blue" Si around my way)! <b>but when someone puts enough time & money into their ride and can get it from a slushbox to a 11/12 second monster, I say hats off to 'em!!!</b> With me, its don't give a Civic props for being a true import racer if all it has is a body kit and loud-*** exhaust cause its still BUTT SLOW(which I see all too often!), but in this case the car really KICKS UP SOME DUST and has a lot more than the usual Riceboy and his annoyingly loud bolt-on exhaust!!! But don't get me wrong, I've got plety of MAX pride, or else I would't have bought it and spent all the money I have already on it!!!!(repairs, tranny, mods, stereo, anything else I did but forgot!!(lol)) I could have just settled for the Blue '90 Accord EX I liked, but I said f*ck it, I'm gonna be different!!!!(just like you said) <b>BUT I'd never trade my Max for that Civic</b> but if I had extra dough lying around and my Max was SERIOUSLY MODDED OUT, hell yeah I'd buy it as a car for the track and a sleeper on the street(after takin that yellow sh*t off!) plus thats a good price too!!(maybe its just me, but 11/12's at the track can't be beat for $10gs) <b>but like one of yall said you can't compare the ability to pick up women between the two......the ladies love a sweet MAXIMA, no doubt!!!!</b>

I know what your saying about all this. I have seen all those cars that are hooked up to run 10's like metro's, focus's ect... But still as far as I'm concerned they are all pieces of ****. I mean if your gonna buy a car for its speed than why buy a 4 cylinder, esspecially an ugly *** one. I do hate honda's I'll let everyone know, really I just hate any compact car foreign or domestic. Only when it comes to racing though. I just dont see the point in buying a car that everyone else has and trying to do what everyone else has done. Thats the onlt reason I even mess with my max. I know that if I hook up my max I wont be driving down the road and see another one just like it. Even though there are quite a few of us at maxima.org, I can tell you that I have only seen one other max in real life that was pretty hooked up around where I live. And he had no performance mods at all. I'm all about being different, and the best way to be that is to stay the farthest away from civics that I can. [/I][/QUOTE]
Old 12-10-2000, 08:12 PM

Originally posted by chris92gxe
If you notice the reserve is not met yet. Who knows how much that guy wants for that worthless piece of sheetmetal.
Yeah, so worthless that it was in Turbo Magazine or whatever. Oh yeah, your cars been in soooooo many magazines before and won all these awards.. LOL
Old 12-10-2000, 08:16 PM
Foo90SE

If...

There was a "4DSC Magazine" then maybe some maximas would be in there
Taurus SHO's...M5's...Maximas...ect...
Although i did see a turbo 3rd gen in a magazine once...Anyone else see that? a black one..not sure on any specs..

Old 12-10-2000, 08:19 PM
Eagles Fan 4 Lyfe

Originally posted by Maximamike

Yeah, so worthless that it was in Turbo Magazine or whatever. Oh yeah, your cars been in soooooo many magazines before and won all these awards.. LOL [/I]
im with ya mike...i dont get it...a few bad apples in the honda community and now people hate them with a passion...this car is a very respectable one...being in a couple of the industry leading mags...i don't get it how people can call it worthless...obviously its worth something to be in those mags...

the reason that modded civics are a dime a dozen is because of the way the market in the import industry has evolved...parts are readily available and honda's are cake to mod...people just have to learn how to respect the right rides and stop hating them all just because its a civic...
Old 12-10-2000, 08:26 PM
davis449

It's ugly and I don't care how fast it is. I would definitely agree that you could pick up more chicks in a Maxima. I HATE CIVICS!!!!!!!!! (especially hatch back Civics)

Old 12-10-2000, 08:26 PM

Re: If...

Originally posted by Foo90SE
Although i did see a turbo 3rd gen in a magazine once...Anyone else see that? a black one..not sure on any specs..
You mean a blue one? Yeah, I got specs. I'm talking to the owner of it right now
Old 12-10-2000, 08:28 PM
Foo90SE

Hmm....

coula been blue. Im gonna get the mag from my friend tomorrow.

Old 12-10-2000, 08:49 PM

I think that he's talkin about Vitaly's Max in sport compact car. VG30ET conversion.
Old 12-10-2000, 08:49 PM

Re: Re: If...

hey, would you mind posting some pics and the specs of that maxima, mike? i would like to see it.

Originally posted by Maximamike
Originally posted by Foo90SE
You mean a blue one? Yeah, I got specs. I'm talking to the owner of it right now
Old 12-10-2000, 09:01 PM

You can probably build a civic equal or even better than that with less money.....and it would be your own. The thing about buying a used hot rod is...you get the badass stuff, but you also get the crap that goes along with it.
Old 12-10-2000, 09:16 PM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

hmm....

people! this Honda vs Nissan thing is out of hand, lol

1st of all, that "piece of ****" Civic can't be compared to a Maxima, someone who mods his car for performance and speed can easily pick a Civic over a maxima as you all see people do, there is tons of Civics with Turbo, engine swaps etc. But a maxima is a SEDAN, its a car to get around in, made for more comfort and to seat 4-5 people, that Civic can fit like 2 adults, if that... the car can't be called exactly ricey since it did dyno at 300hp, the taste in the exterior looks is horrible though...
To me, a Maxima is better because its more comfortable, more roomy and safer. Something like that Civic would be a nice car for a real enthusiast, some **** to take to the track and mod out completely. I wouldn't do that to my maxima, its not necessary, some basic bolt on **** is cool, but other things are just making something out of the Maxima that it isn't. I just want mine to be comfy, look good, have decent power and handle well.

For a show car, and a straight performance & track car, that Civic would do a better job.
What ever floats your boat, but if I was to go crazy on mods and create a freak like that, i would use something with a better body shape that was more like a sports car. (ex- supra, eclipse.etc) the colors and clear **** everywhere is pointless to me though, but I guess its supposed to make the car look more aggresive.
Old 12-10-2000, 09:35 PM
is invisible

You don't have to own a Honda to be a riceboy.

What did a Civic do to you to make you HATE it?

It's a sin to tell the truth about Maximas.
Old 12-10-2000, 09:39 PM
is invisible

That's too bad...

Originally posted by davis449
It's ugly and I don't care how fast it is. I would definitely agree that you could pick up more chicks in a Maxima. I HATE CIVICS!!!!!!!!! (especially hatch back Civics)
I didn't know you had to rely on a car to pick up random women.
Old 12-11-2000, 12:47 AM

Re: That's too bad...

I don't hate the people that drive civic, well most but there are cool owners that I know. I hate the car, sorry if that affends anyone but I prefere cars with class and comfort even though it might not be the most powerful.I know that a Max isn't as comfortable as a Benz or as fast as a McLaren F1 but are they even in the same price range or class, No. Sh*t if I had the money right now I would be driving a benz or McLaren F1 but like most people I am not that lucky. A maxima to me is a perfect mix of class, comfort and power. So dont bite my head off for hating on that dogsh*t!
PS Happy Holidays to everyone!
Old 12-11-2000, 03:35 AM

for every 1 manufacturing of a performance product for a maxima you have 10 for honda's. on about 98% of maxima performance products you only have one manufacturer. So they charge a whole **** load of money for the product because they can. So it costs alot more to mod a maxima, but is capable of anything.
The car is fast and hats off to him. I hate alot of civic's but they do deserve credit because they can get some power out fairly cheap. Just as Honda has some bad apples so does Nissan.
I will only buy Nissan because i love them and i support them no matter what. The only other vehicle i'm thinking about buying right now is my cousins 71' Chevy Nova. and slap in a 396, or maybe even a 454 if we can find a way to get it to fit.
But my Maxima and turbo project come first.

a car is a car, if it's that fast it deserves credit no matter what it is.

and the only turbo max that I know of in a magazine was vitaly's. but there could have been more. -shrug-
Old 12-13-2000, 02:12 PM

that car would roast any one of your guys maximas. sorry
Old 12-13-2000, 02:21 PM

who ever said a maxima is a chick getter....or who ever said that turbo civic can beat any maxima there is in the world....some of you really need to do reality checks and quit comparing apples to oranges. The topic I believe was whether a turbo civic was a good deal or not....not MAXIMA vs. CIVIC...THE FINAL BATTLE...