3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

'94 gxe owners manual

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2002, 08:10 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

'94 gxe owners manual

I have a 1994 Maxima that I purchased used. It did not have the original owners manual. I need to know how to reset/use the keypad entry as well as the alarm system. About a week after we got the car I parked in a busy area in Seattle and some how my daughter set the alarm off and people were looking out windows and doors to see what was going on. Not being familiar with the car, the first thing I thought of was to disconnect the horns. Couldn't even find them so I did what seemed the thing to do and I pulled the fuse for the horn. That stopped the noise for about 30 seconds and it started again. It left me standing there like a fool with a fuse in my hand and a puzzled look. While this was happening my wife got on the phone and got info from a dealer and we finally got it stopped.
Anyway, this is my first Nissan and I really like it. Any help in finding an owners manual would be greatly appreciated.
Ted

In the immortal words of W.C. Fields, "I always keep a supply of stimulants handy in case I see a snake, which I also keep handy."
Old 08-09-2002, 11:01 PM

Re: '94 gxe owners manual

I have one word for you: "Ebay".
Old 08-10-2002, 07:03 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Re: Re: '94 gxe owners manual

Originally posted by rbloedow
I have one word for you: "Ebay".
Tried Ebay. Nine manuals covering five years. None for '94 but will check back. Thanks for the tip.
Old 08-10-2002, 07:13 AM

Re: '94 gxe owners manual

Originally posted by junglecurry
I have a 1994 Maxima that I purchased used. It did not have the original owners manual. I need to know how to reset/use the keypad entry as well as the alarm system. About a week after we got the car I parked in a busy area in Seattle and some how my daughter set the alarm off and people were looking out windows and doors to see what was going on. Not being familiar with the car, the first thing I thought of was to disconnect the horns. Couldn't even find them so I did what seemed the thing to do and I pulled the fuse for the horn. That stopped the noise for about 30 seconds and it started again. It left me standing there like a fool with a fuse in my hand and a puzzled look. While this was happening my wife got on the phone and got info from a dealer and we finally got it stopped.
Anyway, this is my first Nissan and I really like it. Any help in finding an owners manual would be greatly appreciated.
Ted

In the immortal words of W.C. Fields, "I always keep a supply of stimulants handy in case I see a snake, which I also keep handy."
hey there
welcome to the maxima family!
well first off in case the alarm is set off again just insert the key into the door lock and turn this will turn off that infernal racket:-)
as for teh keypad go to this link
http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....ghlight=keypad
and it should tell ya what u are searching for
Old 08-10-2002, 07:33 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Re: Re: '94 gxe owners manual

Originally posted by Freaknificent

hey there
welcome to the maxima family!
well first off in case the alarm is set off again just insert the key into the door lock and turn this will turn off that infernal racket:-)
as for teh keypad go to this link
http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....ghlight=keypad
and it should tell ya what u are searching for
Again, thanks for the help. As soon as the wife gets home I'll try the keypad trick.
Ted
Old 08-10-2002, 05:04 PM
Tom

There's several Import Salvage Yards in the Seattle Area. I'd start with one near your house.

If you live in Snohomish County or North King County, there's one specializing in Nissans/Infinitis in Snohomish called Felton's. They usually have what you need.

http://www.feltonautoparts.com/
Old 08-10-2002, 11:04 PM

Re: Re: Re: '94 gxe owners manual

They are all the same.
Old 08-11-2002, 08:11 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Thanks

Originally posted by Tom
There's several Import Salvage Yards in the Seattle Area. I'd start with one near your house.

If you live in Snohomish County or North King County, there's one specializing in Nissans/Infinitis in Snohomish called Felton's. They usually have what you need.

http://www.feltonautoparts.com/
I'll check with them on Monday.