3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Hello New Zealand!

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2002, 08:59 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

thats true. but according to the police, it was neck and neck with your VG!
Old 08-28-2002, 09:02 PM

Originally posted by chchmax
thats true. but according to the police, it was neck and neck with your VG!
yes it was or maybe a bit behind. But I don't think loser features was too worried about that. I think he was more worried about getting us at the highest speed possible. I mean he was behind us for ages at the lights and he never turned his lights on till we were at 92 in a 50 area and we had travelled half a block.
Old 08-28-2002, 09:03 PM

So, anyway, i think this thread has digressed a little bit from my intention, which was to find other maxima owners in new zealand.
I can imagine matt will lock this some time in the very near future...
Old 08-28-2002, 09:05 PM

So, anyway, i think this thread has digressed a little bit from my intention, which was to find other maxima owners in new zealand.
I can imagine matt will lock this some time in the very near future...
herehere Anyway I better go and bring the cows home to be milkied. Maybe we can continue this at a later time.
Old 08-28-2002, 09:06 PM

but feel free to contact me if you are in new zealand, cause i want to meet up with other maxima owners, we're not lucky like you guys in the states who have other org members around the corner..
Old 08-31-2002, 04:38 AM

Hey guys, I'm from wellington and just lowered my maxima with 17 polished rims. I would love to join a maxima club from New Zealand. If you guys want talk send me a email. bigeddy_70@hotmail.com
Old 08-31-2002, 05:43 PM

fantastic! that makes 3 maxima owners in new zealand on the forum! Edzmax, can you post some pics of your car? Its probably the same grey colour as mine, it seems that over half of the maximas i see here are grey.
I plan to get some pics up in the next few days, just waiting till i polish my car with this new meguires 4 step polishing kit.

Watch out america! New Zealand is gonna take over the world!
Old 09-01-2002, 04:30 AM

fantastic! that makes 3 maxima owners in new zealand on the forum! Edzmax, can you post some pics of your car? Its probably the same grey colour as mine, it seems that over half of the maximas i see here are grey.
I plan to get some pics up in the next few days, just waiting till i polish my car with this new meguires 4 step polishing kit.

Watch out america! New Zealand is gonna take over the world!
chchmax, i will try to post some pics once i do the same thing, have to get her cleaned. she is grey, looks nice. but she needs a paint job!! have a favorite color in mind too, but wont say on here if you guys ever in wellington, look me up.
Old 09-01-2002, 05:15 AM

will do, likewise if your ever in chch.
Old 09-02-2002, 03:40 AM

will do, likewise if your ever in chch.
will do.
Old 09-02-2002, 03:48 AM
OG Maxima.org Member

....we're not lucky like you guys in the states who have other org members around the corner....
I only WISH, Scott! I'm in North Dakota, and I've YET to meet ANY org members that I didn't have to see without taking at least an 8-hour road trip.
Old 09-02-2002, 03:50 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Hi Chavez...nice to find an Aussie!

I also have bought a few things from autobarn for my maxima...I am from Australia/ Vic. Which state are you from?
Old 09-02-2002, 03:50 AM

Originally posted by nubiannupe

I only WISH, Scott! I'm in North Dakota, and I've YET to meet ANY org members that I didn't have to see without taking at least an 8-hour road trip.
Hey thats too bad huh. But your max will make it seem like 2 hours though?
Old 09-02-2002, 03:52 AM

Originally posted by NITRO Lemming!
Hi Chavez...nice to find an Aussie!

I also have bought a few things from autobarn for my maxima...I am from Australia/ Vic. Which state are you from?
Hey where abouts in VIC? Im near Colac and How come you don't drive a ford?
Old 09-02-2002, 04:04 AM
OG Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by NZ Max1

Hey thats too bad huh. But your max will make it seem like 2 hours though?
Yeah... you can say THAT! And if I would've taken that left turn at Miami, I might've ended up in NZ in another 3 hours!!
Old 09-02-2002, 04:10 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Hey where abouts in VIC? Im near Colac and How come you don't drive a ford?
I am from the Eastern Suburbs...Chirnside Park

As for ford...they stink and don't belong in this forum lol (just kidding..they just do nothing for me) ....Japenese cars all the way and especially maximas so you have a 4th gen?
Old 09-02-2002, 04:10 AM

Yeah, i like to think my maxima can fly too!
Old 09-02-2002, 04:12 AM

As for ford...they stink and don't belong in this forum lol (just kidding..they just do nothing for me) ....Japenese cars all the way and especially maximas so you have a 4th gen?
he had a forth gen, drives a stinky ford now
Old 09-02-2002, 04:17 AM

They don't really do much for me either. I just like doing stuff to cars and ford seems to need things done to it reguarly. THere is also the good side that there is meets and cruises everymonth.

I had a 4th gen. Ask chchmax how a 2.5 auto beats a 3.0 auto in a straight line. Then you will realise how the normal maximas are a bit inferior compared to Japenese versions in the power department.

But hey, Ive looked around and found about 3 maximas (3rd and 4th gen) and all have been way overpriced and underspeced. If you know a good car sales area in Melb, please let me know. Who knows maybe I will get $500 trade for the falcon??
Old 09-02-2002, 04:20 AM

he had a forth gen, drives a stinky ford now
least my ford hasnt had over $5000 spent on it since I got it hey. A Tranny rebuild for me would be $50 for a new box at the wreckers
Old 09-02-2002, 04:27 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

They don't really do much for me either. I just like doing stuff to cars and ford seems to need things done to it reguarly. THere is also the good side that there is meets and cruises everymonth.

I had a 4th gen. Ask chchmax how a 2.5 auto beats a 3.0 auto in a straight line. Then you will realise how the normal maximas are a bit inferior compared to Japenese versions in the power department.

But hey, Ive looked around and found about 3 maximas (3rd and 4th gen) and all have been way overpriced and underspeced. If you know a good car sales area in Melb, please let me know. Who knows maybe I will get $500 trade for the falcon??
I just shopped around and bought my max privatly...I am not to keen on buying cars off a sleazy dealers in strait jackets (not to generalise lol), the prices that they charge are extortionate! I paid 12,000 AUD this year for my max (its in immaculate condition, service history etc) but I put a nasty gash in it since I took out my dad's new steel letter box...lol...the damn box was sunk into the ground in 2 feet of concrete...no suprise- it didn't budge
Old 09-02-2002, 04:30 AM

I just shopped around and bought my max privatly...not to keen on buying cars off a slimy dealers in strait jackets (not to generalise lol), there prices are extorsion! I paid 12,000 AUD this year for my max (its in immaculate condition, service history etc) but has a nasty gash since I took out my dad's new steel letter box...lol...the damn box was sinked into the ground in 2 feet on concrete...no suprise- it didn't budge
That is still pretty dare really. New Zealand is flooded with imports, but to a lesser degree now with new frontal impact standards, but you can pick up a max for around 7-11k mark for good examples.
Old 09-02-2002, 04:33 AM

yeah, mine was only $7000 NZD, but considering whats gone wrong with it, its probably no wonder. Looks mint though. - although some don't like the driving lights...
Old 09-02-2002, 04:36 AM

yeah, mine was only $7000 NZD, but considering whats gone wrong with it, its probably no wonder. Looks mint though. - although some don't like the driving lights...
chchmax has done a good job on his car considering what it looked like when it first rolled off the yard.
Old 09-02-2002, 04:38 AM

thanks karl!
Old 09-02-2002, 04:40 AM

thanks karl!
Dont mention it wishbone
Old 09-02-2002, 04:43 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

That is still pretty dare really. New Zealand is flooded with imports, but to a lesser degree now with new frontal impact standards, but you can pick up a max for around 7-11k mark for good examples.
Yeh I don't think maximas are that cheap over here, though considering that the car was $40,000 AUD when it was on sale back in 1993...I think I got a pretty good deal since mechanics and are quite sound sound not to mention, the interior that looks new...I was willing to pay a little more for this.

I have only had it 6 months and have spent thousands on it and have many more plans.
Old 09-02-2002, 04:45 AM

Yeh I don't think maximas are that cheap over here, though considering that the car was $40,000 AUD when it was on sale back in 1993...I think I got a pretty good deal since mechanics and are quite sound sound not to mention, the interior that looks new...I was willing to pay a little more for this.

I have only had it 6 months and have spent thousands on it and have many more plans.
What are your plans? And dont say the T word as the US guys will get shytey
Old 09-02-2002, 05:18 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

What are your plans? And dont say the T word as the US guys will get shytey
T word...lol (I don't know what it is...so I guess I am going to say it anyways )

Mods...nothing to nasty at this stage, because my finances are low at the moment but

Current mods:

SOUNDSYSTEM
RESPONSE speakers and amps's. My guess is that you probebly havent heard of them but they are great (just read the reviews in Hot 4's magazine) I think they are US manufactured.

-6" front speakers (With titanium tweeters)
-Super tweeters mounted in the front
-6.5" rear speakers (with titanium tweeters)
-10" carbon fiber subwoofer
- 2 channel amp (2x 100wrms)
- 4 channel amp (4x 100wrms)(2 channels are bridged to give 300 wrms to the sub)
- Custom fader controlls, hiddern under my armrest

-Made an alloy mesh grill (resprayed nisan logos)
- installed driving lights
- neon blue lights under front of dash
- Yokohama a 539 tyres
- SIMOTA airfilter
- Alarm system with keyless entry, black wireing, ultrasonic sensors, 3pt imobilisor, shock sensors and back up battery.
- tinted windows (37% tint I think)

PLANS

Wheels: 17" x 7.5 polished chrome with low profile tyres
- Paint the calipers red
- Lowering of 1.5" or more
- Plans to put my ps2 in the glove box...power inverter, 7" LCD screen and a new headunit...must be mp3.
- Body kit (though this may be hard in Australia)
- new exhast system (Y pipe)
- custom stickers

Thats all, on my short list

SOUNDSYSTEM
Old 09-02-2002, 05:35 AM

nice! You got any pics of it? i'd like to see how another non US maxima is going.
Old 09-02-2002, 06:00 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

nice! You got any pics of it? i'd like to see how another non US maxima is going.
Yeh I got pics but I don't have a website or cardomain site yet...will do shortly when I figure out how
Old 09-02-2002, 01:15 PM

hey chchmax, i will send you some pics once i get my digital camrea working. i think you will be impressed. by the way, how do you start your own homepage on cardomain? i'm not really use to that site and want to get my pics on here when do all the nz members evre want to meet? guys give me a bell on my email addy.... peace
Old 09-02-2002, 03:01 PM

Old 09-02-2002, 09:19 PM

just go to cardomain.com and sign up, they give you a page for free, then just upload photos to it. simple!
Old 09-03-2002, 02:01 AM

Wishbone: I took the liberty of editing your sig for you.
Old 09-03-2002, 03:17 AM

welly faithful

just go to cardomain.com and sign up, they give you a page for free, then just upload photos to it. simple!
thanks man, i will set it up on thursday or friday, my days off. hey, i forgot, who is the guy up in palmy with the max? we all need to meet one day and hang out....
Old 09-03-2002, 03:28 AM

that'd be madmaxbrent
Old 09-03-2002, 03:33 AM

that'd be madmaxbrent
thanks man, i will have to catchup with him too. are you ever up in wellington?
Old 09-03-2002, 03:33 AM

Re: welly faithful

Originally posted by EdzMax

we all need to meet one day and hang out....
Hey, It wouyld be the biggest Maxima meet held in New Zealand!
Old 09-03-2002, 03:35 AM

Originally posted by EdzMax

thanks man, i will have to catchup with him too. are you ever up in wellington?
I may fly past Wellington when I came home but thats probably all Id want to see of it.

Quick Reply: Hello New Zealand!