3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Interesting observation installing Pop Charger

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2002, 08:58 AM

Interesting observation installing Pop Charger

Heya, just a quick note to anyone who happens to get their hands on a pop charger that they can bolt on and not have to remove the ring from the old airbox...
The nuts off of a Chrysler alternator fit the bolts PERFECTLY... Unfortunately, there are only two on the Chryslers, but I lucked out, we had two sitting in the lot when we installed mine, so I got all four
I love the sound tho... Gives my Max a real mean sound at WOT
Old 09-02-2002, 10:46 PM

what the hell are you talking about???????
Old 09-03-2002, 12:38 PM

Originally posted by Kenny's89SE
what the hell are you talking about???????
When you install a pop charger, or any kinda intake that doesn't bolt right on, and you actually have to use nuts and bolts (Or screws and bolts), once you take off the stock airbox, and are too cheap (Or did it and realized you don't have any nuts) you can reuse the stock bolts and use the nuts off a Chrysler alternator...
They're a perfect fit...
That way you don't have to wreck your airbox by removing that gold ring...
Old 09-05-2002, 11:15 AM

Originally posted by Taegost

When you install a pop charger, or any kinda intake that doesn't bolt right on, and you actually have to use nuts and bolts (Or screws and bolts), once you take off the stock airbox, and are too cheap (Or did it and realized you don't have any nuts) you can reuse the stock bolts and use the nuts off a Chrysler alternator...
They're a perfect fit...
That way you don't have to wreck your airbox by removing that gold ring...
I don't know what you're talking about...I didn't have to ruin my stock airbox at all or find any new nuts/blots besides what came with my JWT. It came with 4 bolts already installed that bolted right up to my MAF box...it was the easiest install I've ever done!
Old 09-05-2002, 10:43 PM

go to home depot and buy new nuts you cheapass jk
Old 09-06-2002, 06:07 AM

Thanks man but I never have a chrysler alternator around, especially two of them. When you buy a Stillen or JWT pop charger it comes with bolts and you don't need nuts. Unless you buy an ebay intake where you do need the nuts and bolts but most sellers provide bolts and nuts when you buy the ebay intake. Why would you break your stock air box, just go to the home depot and buy nuts and bolts, just incase anything ever happens..
Old 09-06-2002, 07:50 AM

Originally posted by D-sta
Thanks man but I never have a chrysler alternator around, especially two of them. When you buy a Stillen or JWT pop charger it comes with bolts and you don't need nuts. Unless you buy an ebay intake where you do need the nuts and bolts but most sellers provide bolts and nuts when you buy the ebay intake. Why would you break your stock air box, just go to the home depot and buy nuts and bolts, just incase anything ever happens..
I did buy mine off eBay, and he didn't provide the nuts, so I just used those. Like I said, an interesting observation. I've seen on here that some people did use the ring from the airbox, I didn't want to do that, nor would I...
And like I said in my first post, it's for the ghetto chargers
Besides, what the hell don't you understand about it? The nuts fit... End of story
Old 10-12-2002, 05:10 PM

Originally posted by Taegost

And like I said in my first post, it's for the ghetto chargers
Besides, what the hell don't you understand about it? The nuts fit... End of story
I got mine off of Ebay it's made by MATRIX - I used the stock bolts and bought the nuts from Home Depot
Old 10-12-2002, 06:27 PM

Originally posted by TONY92MAX

I got mine off of Ebay it's made by MATRIX - I used the stock bolts and bought the nuts from Home Depot
I think that was the name on the box... Even tho all it came with was a K&N FilterCharger and the mounting ring for it