3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

knock sensor removal..what size socket do I need?

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2002, 06:03 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

knock sensor removal..what size socket do I need?

I am going to dive into the project of cleaning my knock sensor connection. Before I start taking my car apart I want to know what I need to do the job. What size is the bolt that holds the actual sensor onto the motor? Also exactly what type of sealant should I use on the Intake manifold gaskets & intake plenum gasket when I re-install. I would like to do the project this weekend, however am unable to get the intake plenum gasket from any dealer, is there any place else that would have the gasket?? Thanks in advance for your helpful advise.
Matt (92 SE 5 speed)
Old 10-12-2002, 06:34 PM

Re: knock sensor removal..what size socket do I need?

Originally posted by FAST4DSC
I am going to dive into the project of cleaning my knock sensor connection. Before I start taking my car apart I want to know what I need to do the job. What size is the bolt that holds the actual sensor onto the motor? Also exactly what type of sealant should I use on the Intake manifold gaskets & intake plenum gasket when I re-install. I would like to do the project this weekend, however am unable to get the intake plenum gasket from any dealer, is there any place else that would have the gasket?? Thanks in advance for your helpful advise.
Matt (92 SE 5 speed)
Uhm... Well... First, head to Autozone... Pick up a 30 piece Great Neck socket set for like, $15... They warranty it for life...
Then, while your there... Ask for the gasket...
Logic would tell you that if you need to ask what size bolt is on there, then maybe you should just buy a full kit so you won't have to worry about it...