3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Is there a way to take of the O2 sensor?

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2002, 06:22 PM

Is there a way to take of the O2 sensor?

On the air Intake, right behine it, there is a little square bow that is presummable the "O2 sensor". There is a connector going into it from the engine. How do I take of the connectoR? All the things I liik up(book and web), it's allready off, seems a way of "popping" it off... there are 4 screws, but the connector seems to rest above them, so you can't get the screw driver into the screws.
Old 09-10-2002, 06:27 PM
Back in a 3rd Gen.

Re: Is there a way to take of the O2 sensor?

Originally posted by doomtoo
On the air Intake, right behine it, there is a little square bow that is presummable the "O2 sensor". There is a connector going into it from the engine. How do I take of the connectoR? All the things I liik up(book and web), it's allready off, seems a way of "popping" it off... there are 4 screws, but the connector seems to rest above them, so you can't get the screw driver into the screws.
that is the mass air flow sensor...dont mess with it if you dont have to.

the o2 sensor is on the exhaust just before the y meets the cat. and it screws in.

but if you want to take the connector off of the maf then take a small flat head screw driver and take the little metal clip that goes around it off and then you can pull the plug off.
Old 09-10-2002, 06:39 PM

Re: Is there a way to take of the O2 sensor?

Originally posted by doomtoo
not to be an *ss but please do a bit of reading on this forum b4 you ask any questions. get on the bad side of people here and you won't get much help. asking questions that you can answer yourself by searching and reading will put you on the bad side of people. EVRYTHING (i'm not kidding) has been talked about here (with the exception of that dreaded word... TURBO setup). a haynes manual will get you very far too. just trying to help you out. good luck with the car.

oh yeah, be careful not to lose that clip awsm66 mentioned. nissan doesn't sell them individually. PITA.
Old 09-10-2002, 08:11 PM

Re: Re: Is there a way to take of the O2 sensor?

I did do searches, the search engine is just a little to foreign. I don't know if I can do "phrases", or for what AND works for, all sorts of other stuff. But when I look for stuff, I usually find 2 or 3 things, but never relevant enough to answer any questions for the small stuff. Expecially the stuff that most people assume you'd know...
Searching really hasn't been to helpful, unless it's for the very common problems, so that someone has had the same problem as me.
Old 09-10-2002, 09:13 PM

Hey poorcollegeboy, did you try the KS idea??