3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

First pics of Max O/D's TURBO 92 GXE--->

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2002 | 01:28 PM

Gearing might be better, however given a good stall convertor. An auto could outrun a 5spd. For one thing it would boost right off the line instead waiting for it to build. Also given the same power cartest shows the auto being 2 tenths quicker and having 1-2mph higher in the 1/4. Also as both go faster the auto puts more distance on the 5spd. Even from a 60-120mph the auto is 0.6sec quicker than the 5spd.

Originally posted by mtcookson
gearing is better in 5 speed
Old 11-02-2002 | 02:59 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

yeah you'll have to give me some time on that. Jahlil just sent the turbo and pipes out for heat-coating, give me about a week or so and I'll try to get some really good shots for you guys! it'll be even better because I can take pics of the actual downpipe connected to the turbo BEFORE its put back onto the car! as you can see from Jahlil's setup, that bend is one of the most diificult ones.

http://www.fortunecity.com/silversto...o/07775f80.jpg
http://www.fortunecity.com/silversto...o/0716ef30.jpg

Originally posted by Matt93SE
Hey Da- Max... any way you can get another couple shots of how the turbo outlet connects to the downpipe? that's what's keeping me from getting mine on the road too. just no room under there to make the bend without and kinks in it on mine- unless he moved the turbo up a lot farther than mine was....
thanks.
Old 11-02-2002 | 03:01 PM

Originally posted by Nismo87SE
Gearing might be better, however given a good stall convertor. An auto could outrun a 5spd. For one thing it would boost right off the line instead waiting for it to build. Also given the same power cartest shows the auto being 2 tenths quicker and having 1-2mph higher in the 1/4. Also as both go faster the auto puts more distance on the 5spd. Even from a 60-120mph the auto is 0.6sec quicker than the 5spd.

Anyone who knows anything about drag racing knows built auto is the way to go. Dragging is all about consistancy. Get it tuned right and shifting at just the right moment for max traction and you've got a winner..consistantly. So auto is the way to go. There are companies that focus solely on auto drag trannies. And as you mentioned, a higher stall converter is great on a turbo for spooling purposes, BUT Some of us A) care about more than drag racing and B) shifting your own gears is fun..period. So yeah, an auto might be the way to go if your building a drag car, tubbed out, with slicks and ****, but any auto that's built to drag will shift so hard that daily driving would get a little annoying, at least with a clutch you can slip it some. BUt I've only been in RWD american muscle with hardcore auto shifting setups, so I can't say what this LEvel 10 in a 300hp Maxima would feel like..or how well it holds up. I'll take 3 pedals please.
Old 11-03-2002 | 01:44 PM

Auto Tranny

Something else you can do with an auto is bulild up boost at the line. I saw someone saying something about level ten, well I dont know if you should trust them too much I heard that they were getting sued. dont know exactly for what, and it could have been a rumor.

Mike
TB-MaxSE-89
Old 11-03-2002 | 02:56 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

Re: Auto Tranny

that rumor about the law suit between Level 10 and this guy's Impala is pretty sketchy...Level 10 has been doing high performance trannys for years from old domestics to Supras to Maximas(yes even our own THE MAX has one of their full rebuilds)...so until I hear the outcome of this law suit or find a reputible "mom and pops" tranny shop, I still say as far as autos Level 10 is the way to go.

Originally posted by xkidrt
I saw someone saying something about level ten, well I dont know if you should trust them too much I heard that they were getting sued. dont know exactly for what, and it could have been a rumor.
Old 11-03-2002 | 07:01 PM
STFU n00b!

Yup.. The Max was running a pretty huge shot of NOS on his car for quite a while on the Level 10 tranny.. it's definitely able to handle the power, but then again, he was "only" running ~300hp/tq on the bottle, and he told L10 to build the tranny for 600hp.
Old 11-04-2002 | 05:01 AM

It's alot easier to get consistent times with an auto shifting for you. That's it, no missed shifts, shiftpoints, predictable traction off the line etc. Seriously, auto is really good for dragging, shifting gets you more invloved and therefore more chance for error (missed 2-3 shift, redline, ooops, kaboom, you get thte picture). Depends on driver ability at that point ( I mean built auto vs, manual, equal power output.) But let's settle this..soemone build a VGT 5-spd and we'll have a shootout.
Old 11-04-2002 | 05:17 AM

Originally posted by maxedout94
are you talking to me? god ive never seen a group of car owners that have theyre heads shoved so far up there asses like some of you guys, #1 to who said about the fastest drag cars are automatic, well dumb**** did you ever consider that those are fully sponsored 5 figure RACE cars, as in NOT street legal?? okay and to who said the question about why do they make auto turbo cars, again if you would just think about it...the turbo in those volvo's and other euro cars are not made for racing. yeah your right you dont see me making any progress on my turbo project. hell i didnt even know i was going to put a turbo in there. do what you want to but if your looking for speed i would bet that you would get quicker times if you had a 5 speed, and i think you know that
kiss my a$$ you stupid ***. You obviously don't know ****, which is okay except that you obviously claim to be some expert. It would be a great service to all if you would go away, seeing as you need to make everything a heated argument instead of productive discussion.

Old 11-04-2002 | 07:35 AM

kiss my a$$ you stupid ***. You obviously don't know ****, which is okay except that you obviously claim to be some expert. It would be a great service to all if you would go away, seeing as you need to make everything a heated argument instead of productive discussion.

now thats some funny **** right there, why dont you look back a few pages ******** and look to see for yourself who responded to my question and started this heated discussion. yeah you roll your eyes you little *****
Old 11-04-2002 | 07:39 AM

Originally posted by maxedout94
why would you put a turbo on an automatic, its amazing what poeple do when they have money
I will roll my eyes, dikhead. Go find a Honduh forum or something...

You come with attitude and you'd better expect to get it right back, kid.
Old 11-04-2002 | 08:34 AM

Originally posted by nismo1989

I will roll my eyes, dikhead. Go find a Honduh forum or something...

You come with attitude and you'd better expect to get it right back, kid.
Love the drama guys. Fun to watch people ***** at eachother.
Old 11-04-2002 | 09:17 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Lousy ******

Quit whoring out this thread, i seem to remember this being a thread about turbo GXE pics with some helpful info thrown in , not about auto vs manua1, he has a manual it's what he wanted...period. If you people don't like build your own damn car the way you want it. Do your b!#$&ing somewhere else.

Ok i'm done now
Old 11-06-2002 | 11:36 PM

Re: Lousy ******

Originally posted by ObsidianIce69
Quit whoring out this thread, i seem to remember this being a thread about turbo GXE pics with some helpful info thrown in , not about auto vs manua1, he has a manual it's what he wanted...period. If you people don't like build your own damn car the way you want it. Do your b!#$&ing somewhere else.

Ok i'm done now
Preach, Preacher!

Can I get an AMEN!
Old 11-07-2002 | 07:07 AM

Re: Re: Lousy ******

Originally posted by KJ2THEMAX

Preach, Preacher!

Can I get an AMEN!
AMEN BROTHER!
Old 11-07-2002 | 12:06 PM

Re: Re: Re: Lousy ******

Originally posted by male

AMEN BROTHER!
Can i get a witness....
Old 11-29-2002 | 12:54 AM

would love to see the oil lines when you get everything finished with
Old 11-30-2002 | 12:40 PM

I am very impressed with all the hard work you have done to this car. My question is are you gonna many show this car or are you gonna race it? Other question is who did all the mechanical work and what would it take to do a similiar set for my car? HOW MUCH? Very interested in see how the taillights look when they are finished, I am getting the same taillights put in the spring. Good luck with everything like to see how the bumper comes out,very interested always thought they should have kept the group deal going for the body kit.
Old 11-30-2002 | 03:15 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

no real updates yet...was supposed to hook up with Jahlil this weekend to do the radiator hard pipes but some things came up....he's waiting on the charge pipes to come back coated. then we'll have more pics...

**Jahlil if you see this, I'm gonna call you up later tonight, just got back from Sout Carolina***
Old 03-02-2003 | 02:09 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

[size= 7]NEW UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!![/size]

the new pipes came in over the weekend...TOP QUALITY stuff!!! there are one or two more I have to upload of the IC pipes (man they look awesome!!!) after months and months of waiting there are only a few things left to do including the oil pan, new x-over pipe w/ flex, turbo gasket, and some other little small stuff.

here the pics, only 4 or 5 but they show the quality of the new piping!!!-->

[size= 3]NEW PIPES!!!![/size]
Old 03-02-2003 | 02:28 PM

Originally posted by DA-MAX
[size= 7]NEW UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!![/size]

the new pipes came in over the weekend...TOP QUALITY stuff!!! there are one or two more I have to upload of the IC pipes (man they look awesome!!!) after months and months of waiting there are only a few things left to do including the oil pan, new x-over pipe w/ flex, turbo gasket, and some other little small stuff.

here the pics, only 4 or 5 but they show the quality of the new piping!!!-->

[size= 3]NEW PIPES!!!![/size]
Old 05-02-2003 | 05:32 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: Max O/D's TURBO 92 GXE UPDATE(page 7)--->

Originally posted by DA-MAX

EDIT:

JUST AN UPDATE THE PICS HAVE BEEN UPLOADED ONTO A NEW SERVER!!!! see them here-->

http://autos.werd.com/boosted/TURBO_92_GXE/

as you can see its nothing but the TRUTH...its in the final stages though...some of the remaining things left to do is heat coat the charge pipes and "pretty" them up a little! The remaining IC piping and downpipe should be done by Friday or Saturday...so chances are I might have some more pics for you guys next week and maybe even some vids. The car goes in for body work as well soon, Skyline tails and custom Skyline front bumper with big mouth opening for the FMIC! I'll post the complete specs of the setup later, but for now enjoy these pics, I would have taken more, but it got dark and I forgot the memory card for my camera. ENJOY!
sup yo? i know this is a old thread. are you still around? and if your are what was the $ for the whole setup "the turbo", and the gauges. looks hot. oh and one more thing what was the hp on it.
Old 05-02-2003 | 09:43 PM

when is the estimated date of completion?