3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Stillen front lip has been installed

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2002, 10:17 AM

Stillen front lip has been installed

Hi, my Stillen front lip was finally installed today. I know that everybody knows what it looks like, but if you care to see more photos of it on my car then check out my cardomain site at: http://www.cardomain.com/id/hurricanemaxima Thanks for looking!!!
Old 09-11-2002, 10:28 AM

Re: Stillen front lip has been installed

sweet Maxima u have there

keep up the good work

and where did u get ur gauges from?????

l8er

Torres
Old 09-11-2002, 10:45 AM

Thank you... I actually got the guages off of Ebay, but you can jusy go to www.ProCarParts.com and get them there.
Old 09-11-2002, 08:20 PM

My suggestion is...

you get rid of the spoiler, either put back the stock one or none at all...take the plate off the front bumper...get rid of all the logos and stickers...engine bay looks real good though...interior is also a little suspect...but definetely take off the chrome fender trim...then you'll be straight...just my opinion..
Old 09-11-2002, 08:53 PM

Hey...I was planning on doing something with the trunk, because I need a new one anyways. I just couldn't decide if I wanted a sppoiler or not. I don't know about other states, but here is Vermont you have to have a plate in the front. And I've heard it many times before abou the fender trim, and I also want them to come off. But the paint and surface of the car is pretty bad underneath them, from when water would settle in there. The chrome fender trim was already on the car when I bought it and when I get some more money saved up I might get it fixed, because I dont like it either. Otherwise thank you for your feedback and opinions.
Old 09-11-2002, 09:27 PM

Originally posted by 94maximahurricane
Hi, my Stillen front lip was finally installed today. I know that everybody knows what it looks like, but if you care to see more photos of it on my car then check out my cardomain site at: http://www.cardomain.com/id/hurricanemaxima Thanks for looking!!!
I don't like the spoil, thats my problem. The rest of the car is very sweet, nice work I like the motor box. All the Best
Old 09-11-2002, 10:48 PM

yea, i live in CT..you supposed to have a plate on the front here too...but they don't enforce the law so screw it...it totally takes away from the flow of the front...that sucks about the chrome lip...guess you'll have to live with it...
Old 09-12-2002, 06:53 AM

hey nice max there buddy, awesome front lip!! where did you order or get it from, i love the exhaust, what kind is it?? oh ya if you dont have chrome pedal covers put those in and also get all your windows tinted like 20% all around. can you give me an estimate for the exhaust, and intake, i just wanted to know cuz im working up to getting the money. keep up the great work, if you wanna see my max just send me an email aight...
Old 09-12-2002, 07:18 AM

I would have to agree with everyone else on the wing (and fender trim, but I know you've been hearing it for a year or so now! ), but your Maxima is coming along! One question... what is the length of both of those exhaust tips across?? What I mean is, how wide are they from left to right? Thx...
Old 09-12-2002, 07:39 AM

As for the exhaust the muffler is made by Arospeed and and I got the rest of the exhaust components from www.warpspeedperformance.com. You can also get the CAI there. Nismo I will get back to you about your question regarding the exhaust tips.
Old 09-12-2002, 08:00 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: Gauges

Originally posted by tmnismo91
The redline isn't even accurate. Why would they make gauges that aren't identical to stock?!?!

-Sean
Looks fine to me, it just doesn't have the dashed lines before redline like the stock ones do, but it still starts at 6k which is accurate for a VG

stock 91SE gauges with carbon fiber bezel (chris91se):
http://images.cardomain.com/installs...45_96_full.jpg

personally I like the stock SE gauges better but that's just me

nice pics Hurricane
Old 09-12-2002, 08:07 AM

As for the exhaust the muffler is made by Arospeed and and I got the rest of the exhaust components from www.warpspeedperformance.com. You can also get the CAI there. Nismo I will get back to you about your question regarding the exhaust tips.
Thanks. The reason I ask is because I ordered two of the same mufflers and I want to make sure they'll fit in the openings in my bumper. The ones I tested at a shop were a tight fit but okay, but I've found differences in the same type muffler with different brands. The tips were the same size but spaced apart differently.

I hope they fit cause I'm tired of cutting ****
Old 09-12-2002, 09:04 AM

Hey Nismo, I'm back from doing the measurements and it's just a tad over 6 inches. Also, I want everyones opinion about something. I was going to put a VERY small Stillen decal on the front lip that I just got. Do you think it'll look okay or just take away from the good looks it has already? I was about to put it on, but I figured I would ask what everyone else thinks firts. Thanks!!!
Old 09-12-2002, 10:17 AM

Hey Nismo, I'm back from doing the measurements and it's just a tad over 6 inches. Also, I want everyones opinion about something. I was going to put a VERY small Stillen decal on the front lip that I just got. Do you think it'll look okay or just take away from the good looks it has already? I was about to put it on, but I figured I would ask what everyone else thinks firts. Thanks!!!
I think the general concensus will probably be no, but if you like it on there then do it!

Most 3rd genners aren't real keen on the whole decal scene, but that's okay. We are all in to personalizing our rides, so do whatcha like
Old 09-12-2002, 05:59 PM
Back in a 3rd Gen.

I personally dont like stickers but its your car and you should do what you like and not worry about what anyone else thinks.

You can always paint the stillen name on the side of the kit a different color (red or something) if you want the name to be seen and dont want to put a sticker on.
Old 09-13-2002, 10:35 AM

So, what is everyone's opinions about my trunk? I have to get a new one anyways, because the one I have now still has holes in it from when I took the stock spoiler off. I sold the stock spoiler and bought a Wings West touring spoiler and that is what I have on my car right now. Should I keep the touring spoiler or get a new trunk with or without a stock spoiler? I know that I should make my decision based on what I like, but I also like to hear peoples opinions. Thank you for your time!!!
Old 09-13-2002, 12:20 PM

Should I keep the touring spoiler or get a new trunk with or without a stock spoiler? I know that I should make my decision based on what I like, but I also like to hear peoples opinions. Thank you for your time!!!
stock spoiler definitely
I'm not a big fan of touring wings or pretty much any wing besides the stock one
Old 09-13-2002, 01:33 PM
Back in a 3rd Gen.

So, what is everyone's opinions about my trunk? I have to get a new one anyways, because the one I have now still has holes in it from when I took the stock spoiler off. I sold the stock spoiler and bought a Wings West touring spoiler and that is what I have on my car right now. Should I keep the touring spoiler or get a new trunk with or without a stock spoiler? I know that I should make my decision based on what I like, but I also like to hear peoples opinions. Thank you for your time!!!
Stillen type 2 but have someone that knows how to work with fiberglass put it on. I should have mine back by next week. I have a friend that is good with fiberglass working on it and it will look good when he is done (already does from what has been done so far)
Old 09-13-2002, 01:49 PM

I love the look of that front lip. I would get a kit if I hadn't gotten the Sprints
Old 09-13-2002, 02:23 PM

Yeah, with the Sprint springs you might have some clearance problems. I had Intrax a while ago and even without the lip I have clearance problems. I switched to Eibach and now everything is better.
Old 09-13-2002, 02:25 PM

How did you make that grill? Did you just cover the grill in mesh or did you cutout the inserts?

Love the lights, I'll be joining the club after I get the five speed in.
Old 09-13-2002, 02:30 PM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

looks good

keep the wing bro, if you like it then fine
Old 09-13-2002, 09:59 PM

I have Intrax and the Stillen front lip and I have absolutely no clearance issues whatsoever. Never have. I've never once scraped it on anything, no driveways, no speed bumps, nada. I dont even drive 'cautious'. It's actually surprising, but really, believe it or not I have no clearance problems at all.

Wonder how he did the grille...

Old 09-13-2002, 10:15 PM

Haha...yeah the grille was actually done by James12345 a while ago and he did a great job on it. Hey James, have you gotten your lip painted yet?
Old 09-14-2002, 12:13 AM

Haha...yeah the grille was actually done by James12345 a while ago and he did a great job on it. Hey James, have you gotten your lip painted yet?
How is that grille holding up btw? Been a year or so now.

I have the lip on my 'new' VE 5spd, and it's painted now.
Old 09-14-2002, 07:22 AM

The grille is holding up just fine. It just needs a little touch up paint.
Old 09-29-2002, 02:51 PM

Hey, cool max I have a third gen my self and just like you is trying to fixit up, I've been to the stillen web page but under maximas 89-94 the only thing I found was wings, how did you wet the front lip, and how much did you pay.

thanks, BLUE TO THE MAX
Old 09-29-2002, 07:11 PM

Re: Re: Stillen front lip has been installed

IMO, company decals look best when all located together (for example, on the front doors), like you actually have sponsors. But, since you car is (hopefully) a reflection of your likes/dislikes, do whatever you want. Then we won't all have copies of the same car
Andrew
Old 09-29-2002, 07:41 PM
Eagles Fan 4 Lyfe

Originally posted by awsm66

Stillen type 2 but have someone that knows how to work with fiberglass put it on. I should have mine back by next week. I have a friend that is good with fiberglass working on it and it will look good when he is done (already does from what has been done so far)
i can't wait to see it...i wish i could've gotten my hands on one...i was about a week too late
Old 09-29-2002, 09:36 PM
Back in a 3rd Gen.

Originally posted by Chris91SE

i can't wait to see it...i wish i could've gotten my hands on one...i was about a week too late
I am going to call the guy tomorrow and see whats up with it. I have been so busy this week with the baby and all that I havent had a chance to check on it. I hope he is finished with it because I am about a month away from being able to paint the car (I hope)
Old 09-29-2002, 09:56 PM

where did you get that interior? i can't find it.