3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

VE30DE and tranny tear down coming!

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2002, 07:42 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

VE30DE and tranny tear down coming!

hey guys,
I havent been around much lately. Ive been posting at Max-World. Anyway just giving you guys a heads up on what I have planned. Read along (also before I forget. im going to be putting all my updates and everything on max-world. it is my new home now, i invite you all to come along and visit. I took a long time to put together my 3rd gen links section).

Well im going to be getting a 160,000 mile VE soon and my 101,000 mile auto tranny back soon. The VTCs need to be rebuilt, i need to look at the cost of the parts again, i just cant remember, it wasnt a problem with my engine.

So what you guys want to know! Im gonna be taking it apart. I'll try my best to take plenty of pics for you guys that havent ever been below the surface of the VE engine like me, nor the tranny.
I also want to find a way to make it easier to fix common problems or annoyances that are related to our cars. Maybe I can find an easier way to fix or prevent bad VTC's, maybe not. Hopefully I can find the way to make our trannys more bullet proof, maybe not. I am an "amateur" or newbie mechanic. Its more of a hobby for me. I just love to figure out how stuff works. Ive mastered computers and now its cars.

dont expect results real soon, since i dont even have it yet, and im still in school, yada yada yada. I will try my best to keep you guys informed with my progress and any interesting findings i stumble across.

I would also like to add this. I know there are lots of guys out there with lots more info than me. i cant list names because i will be doing an injustice to people I forget. I do welcome any input and ideas from anyone that I could use to help build the motor or test out. I know you the guys who know what would improve the performance would do it but then the maxima is theyre daily driver and cant afford down time. Remember im doing this to fullfill my curiousity and help others out at the same time. im gonna try to do this as low cost as possiable. if a VTC rebuild kit costs $200 bucks, i dont think i will fork out the money, simply because i have nothing to put this engine into. Its my trial and error project for me to play with. hopefully youve figured out that this isnt a turbo project for the VE. unless someone has a great deal and lots of input, it wont be happening , i dont even know the difference between a turbo and supercharger. I almost think that a turbo is for the exhaust side because of the pics in part 2 of project DSM in modified magizine. dont worry thought, ive dropped that idea i will look into forced induction more when it becomes time for me to. if someone wants to school me, or give me good links, by all means, do so, please.

ok off my block. see how bored i am. i need that engine soon and a 128mb smart media card for my digi cam. along with some good rechargable AA batteries for it.

MrGone
Old 09-15-2002, 08:29 PM

btw, the following is the first thread on Max-World for the setup.

VE30DE and Tranny Teardown.

MrGone
Old 09-15-2002, 10:13 PM
Ford Only.

I appreciate you looking out. I really appreciate you talking about taking pictures while it is apart, I feel that is important that we have pics every step of the way, take the heads off, take a bunch of pics...etc...Thanks I will look forward to it trust me
Old 09-15-2002, 10:18 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

Re: VE30DE and tranny tear down coming!

before you do all that, write some Cliff Notes for this post!

Originally posted by MrGone
hey guys,
I havent been around much lately. Ive been posting at Max-World. Anyway just giving you guys a heads up on what I have planned. Read along (also before I forget. im going to be putting all my updates and everything on max-world. it is my new home now, i invite you all to come along and visit. I took a long time to put together my 3rd gen links section).

Well im going to be getting a 160,000 mile VE soon and my 101,000 mile auto tranny back soon. The VTCs need to be rebuilt, i need to look at the cost of the parts again, i just cant remember, it wasnt a problem with my engine.

So what you guys want to know! Im gonna be taking it apart. I'll try my best to take plenty of pics for you guys that havent ever been below the surface of the VE engine like me, nor the tranny.
I also want to find a way to make it easier to fix common problems or annoyances that are related to our cars. Maybe I can find an easier way to fix or prevent bad VTC's, maybe not. Hopefully I can find the way to make our trannys more bullet proof, maybe not. I am an "amateur" or newbie mechanic. Its more of a hobby for me. I just love to figure out how stuff works. Ive mastered computers and now its cars.

dont expect results real soon, since i dont even have it yet, and im still in school, yada yada yada. I will try my best to keep you guys informed with my progress and any interesting findings i stumble across.

I would also like to add this. I know there are lots of guys out there with lots more info than me. i cant list names because i will be doing an injustice to people I forget. I do welcome any input and ideas from anyone that I could use to help build the motor or test out. I know you the guys who know what would improve the performance would do it but then the maxima is theyre daily driver and cant afford down time. Remember im doing this to fullfill my curiousity and help others out at the same time. im gonna try to do this as low cost as possiable. if a VTC rebuild kit costs $200 bucks, i dont think i will fork out the money, simply because i have nothing to put this engine into. Its my trial and error project for me to play with. hopefully youve figured out that this isnt a turbo project for the VE. unless someone has a great deal and lots of input, it wont be happening , i dont even know the difference between a turbo and supercharger. I almost think that a turbo is for the exhaust side because of the pics in part 2 of project DSM in modified magizine. dont worry thought, ive dropped that idea i will look into forced induction more when it becomes time for me to. if someone wants to school me, or give me good links, by all means, do so, please.

ok off my block. see how bored i am. i need that engine soon and a 128mb smart media card for my digi cam. along with some good rechargable AA batteries for it.

MrGone
Old 09-15-2002, 10:24 PM

this is good... this is real good....
Old 09-16-2002, 02:24 AM

dont you worry da-max, all you have to do is get 1/2 as bored as i get and it wont be a problem.

dmontzmax, dont you worry, i was planning on taking a few pics inbetween removing each bolt of them covers
think of it as a how-to with out someone speaking out of theyre ***.
oh yeah, believe me, i know how much you want to see the insides of this motor. you want to as badly as i do!!!. btw, dont used window cleaner to try and clean the valve covers. i learned that trick a long time ago.

maximan, great to see you signed up on max-world. now we just need to get more people. have you seen the links thread I created over there?

everyone else: cmon reply, its fun even better at max-world.

MrGone