3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

NEWBIE HERE WANT HELP MAKE MY MAX FASTER

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2000, 06:00 AM
living out of a maxima...

I'm sorry, but you guys are all wrong. I had every mod imaginable for my 92 SE and it only got 191 hp. Frustrated, poor, and looking for answers, one of my mechanic friends suggested I take a look at some vinyl decals. I studied the catalog carefully and chose a 36" TURBO for my winshield as well as 6" VTECs for the doors and a TYPE-R embelem for the back. Since then I've had my car dynoed at 319hp.
Old 12-21-2000, 06:43 AM

Uh Maximum5spd.
You just confused the holy hell out of me with that VG, VG, VG is not a VG.
i'm still scratching my head. Can you explain how a VG engine is not a VG engine that is not a VG engine?
I wonder if i can start a rap song with that VG, VG, VG is not a VG.
Some1 lay down a fat beat for me.

And one mod may have a 6hp increase for one persons car, and a 4hp increase on others. Just the way the world works. And a VG can in deed beat a VE.
Old 12-21-2000, 08:15 AM

Re: Re: I agree, the arguing should stop, but.....

Originally posted by Maximum5spd

Ok i said i wasnt going to argue anymore. BUT THATS NOT VG ENGINE ITS NOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT.
You want me to post the ****ing number again? Call Gregg, ask what it is. Thats a VG30E out of a 84-89 300zx(aka 3rd gen Max engine). You're wrong. Deal with it and shut the hell up.
Old 12-21-2000, 08:25 AM
I'm needing a caw

NE1 want to explain to me what the hell a Borg Warner stage 3 clutch is??
Old 12-21-2000, 08:30 AM

Originally posted by Jeff92se
It must be made from Unobtainium
Old 12-21-2000, 08:36 AM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

Jeff, that's called nissan OEM value line clutch. oh and just the muffler and no B-pipe..??
your missing a few mods there smart guy..
RT cat
a REAL exhaust system (w/ a B-pipe?)
no ignition upgrade (with all those mods and all)
STB
sway bars

that's not including the ECU and Y-pipe u said that u didn't have.
yeah buddy..intake and exhaust "ALL THE MODS"..haahaa..oh and the pulley. who makes the pulley?

can someone else verify that stillen does indeed make a lighted flywheel for the 3rd gen VG?

oh and 225/17/40??!! 40 INCH RIMS!!

Old 12-21-2000, 09:19 AM

Originally posted by DanNY
Jeff, that's called nissan OEM value line clutch. oh and just the muffler and no B-pipe..??
your missing a few mods there smart guy..
RT cat
a REAL exhaust system (w/ a B-pipe?)
no ignition upgrade (with all those mods and all)
STB
sway bars

that's not including the ECU and Y-pipe u said that u didn't have.
yeah buddy..intake and exhaust "ALL THE MODS"..haahaa..oh and the pulley. who makes the pulley?

can someone else verify that stillen does indeed make a lighted flywheel for the 3rd gen VG?

oh and 225/17/40??!! 40 INCH RIMS!!

You can call stillem ask them if they make flywheel.
and that was 225/40/17...my mistake
i do have FSTB, just forgot to mention. I dont believe in waisting money into exhaust. Like I said before unless its straight pipe everything else is BS. ECU im not putting in yet because i still have few mods to finish off. and the pulley is by courtest nissan. . The Borg Warner clucth is a just clucth, its s atge 3 , the pressure plate is made out of some special metal, im not sure. and the disc is made out of carbon fiber, i dont know it looks phatt, i dont know why they call stage 3 clutch though, didnt look like it to me, but in any case. Ok there this is the last time im going to say it and pay attention before you call someone a looser. I SIMPLY SAID A REGULAR VG ENGINE THAT IS IN ALL 89-91 MAXIMAS A VG FROM 89-91 (REGULAR VG), YOU WANT ME TO SAY IT AGAIN???? SO A REGULAR VG ENGINE CANNOT PRODUCE MORE THEN 190HP. YOU CAN ARGUE ALL YOU WANT. BUT YOU CAN CALL STILLEN AND ASK THEM HOW MUCH CAN YOU PUT IN A VG ENGINE AND THEN ARGUE WITH ME.

[/I][/QUOTE]
Old 12-21-2000, 09:39 AM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Maximum5spd
i do have FSTB, just forgot to mention. I dont believe in waisting money into exhaust. Like I said before unless its straight pipe everything else is BS. ECU im not putting in yet because i still have few mods to finish off. and the pulley is by courtest nissan. . The Borg Warner clucth is a just clucth, its s atge 3 , the pressure plate is made out of some special metal, im not sure. and the disc is made out of carbon fiber, i dont know it looks phatt, i dont know why they call stage 3 clutch though, didnt look like it to me, but in any case. Ok there this is the last time im going to say it and pay attention before you call someone a looser. I SIMPLY SAID A REGULAR VG ENGINE THAT IS IN ALL 89-91 MAXIMAS A VG FROM 89-91 (REGULAR VG), YOU WANT ME TO SAY IT AGAIN???? SO A REGULAR VG ENGINE CANNOT PRODUCE MORE THEN 190HP. YOU CAN ARGUE ALL YOU WANT. BUT YOU CAN CALL STILLEN AND ASK THEM HOW MUCH CAN YOU PUT IN A VG ENGINE AND THEN ARGUE WITH ME.
FYI the word looser never came into term in my post. so relax.

so your not an exhaust fan..ok no prob. have u even seen the bottom of your car? the stock pipe is restrictive. but hey u do what u like.

do u know what brand or who makes the pulley?
what does look have to do with the performance of the clutch?

define a regular VG engine? if u pull off the upper intake intake collector it's IDENTCIAL (sp?) to the VG engine in the max. it came out of the same engine block. please do some research on your end. there is other stuff than the top part of the engine.

by the way Stillen is NOT i repeat NOT the god of nissans. they barely know their head to their ****. they have very limited support for maximas. so before u start shooting your mouth please pick a real tuner. go ahead and call that number that maximamike told u and see what the guy says if u don't believe it.
damn your one stubborn ****! call the number and see what that SHOP says not a phone operator at stillen.
Old 12-21-2000, 11:19 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by DanNY
FYI the word looser never came into term in my post. so relax.

so your not an exhaust fan..ok no prob. have u even seen the bottom of your car? the stock pipe is restrictive. but hey u do what u like.

do u know what brand or who makes the pulley?
what does look have to do with the performance of the clutch?

define a regular VG engine? if u pull off the upper intake intake collector it's IDENTCIAL (sp?) to the VG engine in the max. it came out of the same engine block. please do some research on your end. there is other stuff than the top part of the engine.

by the way Stillen is NOT i repeat NOT the god of nissans. they barely know their head to their ****. they have very limited support for maximas. so before u start shooting your mouth please pick a real tuner. go ahead and call that number that maximamike told u and see what the guy says if u don't believe it.
damn your one stubborn ****! call the number and see what that SHOP says not a phone operator at stillen.
Ok thats it im stoping because this will never end. Everyone has their own point of you. I know that regular exhaust sucks but that y-pipe plus catback doesnt add that much hp especially for around $300 for y and another $400 for catback, for that money id rather put NOS and no pipe can compare to that. The ud pulley that i have is from courtesy Nissan. Although I think Unorthodox Racing makes one too but kinda expesnive. Ok if you want talk about engine mods. wellll here in brooklyn every other person has a maxima, soo i hav few friends that did so much to their max engines that you would never seen before, he had his engine done to 3.3L and my other friend got it to 3.5L. Also i have seen a power/comfort button with a 5 speed.
Old 12-21-2000, 11:39 AM
I'm needing a caw

Dude after carefull examination of the above post and the rest of the thread, I have come to the conclusion that you simply have no idea what you are talking about. Simple as that. It's no use trying to reason with ignorance. It's also obvious that you make half the mods you mention and your friend's 3.5? 5-sp w/ power/confort button?? That's about the worst lie I have ever seen!! You might be able to pass this crap on other boards but don't come here with that bs. I can see it a mile away. Have a nice day!
Old 12-21-2000, 11:47 AM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

yup thanks Jeff..i'm done here.

Dude after carefull examination of the above post and the rest of the thread, I have come to the conclusion that you simply have no idea what you are talking about. Simple as that. It's no use trying to reason with ignorance. It's also obvious that you make half the mods you mention and your friend's 3.5? 5-sp w/ power/confort button?? That's about the worst lie I have ever seen!! You might be able to pass this crap on other boards but don't come here with that bs. I can see it a mile away. Have a nice day!
Old 12-21-2000, 11:48 AM

hahahahhahahahahhaha
ok im stoping this too funny
too bad i wont be able to see your face when you actually see these mods. lol
this is too funny. whow
i wish i can find that guy who had that deon and take a pic just for you and the rest of the crew. ohh man
YOU JUST DONT NY and the mods here
thats too bad.....oh well
Old 12-21-2000, 11:53 AM
I'm needing a caw

Post a pic and shut my *** up. Until then keep your bs to yourself. Take a look at my sig. Don't you think I know WTF I'm talking about? Ugh.. if ignorance is bliss, you must be in heaven.

hahahahhahahahahhaha
ok im stoping this too funny
too bad i wont be able to see your face when you actually see these mods. lol
this is too funny. whow
i wish i can find that guy who had that deon and take a pic just for you and the rest of the crew. ohh man
YOU JUST DONT NY and the mods here
thats too bad.....oh well
Old 12-21-2000, 12:13 PM
DavidMaxum

Originally posted by JeffesonM
I'm sorry, but you guys are all wrong. I had every mod imaginable for my 92 SE and it only got 191 hp. Frustrated, poor, and looking for answers, one of my mechanic friends suggested I take a look at some vinyl decals. I studied the catalog carefully and chose a 36" TURBO for my winshield as well as 6" VTECs for the doors and a TYPE-R embelem for the back. Since then I've had my car dynoed at 319hp.
I realize your sarcasm and it is well appreciated for people who speak before thinking. I have only posted on this site once before but I have had three maximas. I currently have a 92 SE and I was wondering about your quote every mod imaginable. Please elaborate on that for me. I currently have a CAI with an electrically driven supercharger, a custom flowmaster Y-pipe with 2.5 inch flex
with 2.5 inch mandrel pipe from the catback to a super turbo muffler. I also have the JWT ECU, and an ASP racing UDP, a Mueller 11lb. flywheel with a Dual Friction centerforce clutch. Let me know thanks.

Old 12-21-2000, 01:16 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

I;ve heard of that electric supercharger before....

very mixed reviews....what do you think about it???? and what brand is it? welcome to the board!! BTW, I think you know who to and not to take MOD advice from on here!!! *couhg*Maximum5spd*cough*
Old 12-21-2000, 03:08 PM
MILLENIUM MAX

David i heard that udp and LW flywheels aren't good when used together,but i see that you have it.Well let me know how yours works and how long you had then on as well as your power gains because this is the same set up i want to run.

Old 12-21-2000, 03:58 PM
Eagles Fan 4 Lyfe

oh btw. maximum5spd...a VG can beat a VE...i believe skymax ran a 15.3 or 4? in an NA VG auto....umm...i believe that would be quicker than a VE....may have more mods but you didn't say mod for mod...
Old 12-21-2000, 04:47 PM

power/comfort button with a 5spd?!?! Perhaps you have a robot driver?? See in these things called AUTOMATIC transmissions, which are COMPUTER controlled, a power/comfrot switch is feasible, because it changes the computer programming to your driving style. With a MANUAL 5 speed transmission, the DRIVER is the person controlling the shift points, etc.

Does something like this even need explanation?!!?!?

So I suppose every Civic out there with an aftermarket VTEC sticker does indeed have a VTEC motor? Even the late 80's Civics before VTEC was invented?
Old 12-21-2000, 05:15 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

One last question.......

how the f*ck do you <b>"get your engine to 3.3L and 3.5L."</b> WTF does that mean?? Now a swap I can see, but I doubt that anyways!!! I guess if I mod my engine enough I can say I added a couple liters too, right???? and where are these guys? no SCC articles, no Stillen Maxima Day or Maxus appearances, no appearances at any Maxima meets in NY or the east coast? hmmmm....if only I had thae gif file of the BS flag, oh sorry its probably flying over your house right now , keep going this is getting really funny!!!!!
Old 12-22-2000, 12:34 AM

Re: One last question.......

Originally posted by DA-MAX
how the f*ck do you <b>"get your engine to 3.3L and 3.5L."</b> WTF does that mean?? Now a swap I can see, but I doubt that anyways!!! I guess if I mod my engine enough I can say I added a couple liters too, right???? and where are these guys? no SCC articles, no Stillen Maxima Day or Maxus appearances, no appearances at any Maxima meets in NY or the east coast? hmmmm....if only I had thae gif file of the BS flag, oh sorry its probably flying over your house right now , keep going this is getting really funny!!!!!
you guys are just way too funny. i just hope i see that guy , then will see who is going to be laughing

he he
Old 12-22-2000, 12:42 AM

The only way you could have a 3.3 is to use a VG33 Block, or he could have Bored it out. Which why would any1 really wanna due. the Money for it compared to the performance gains is just not worth it.

And until you actually HAVE proof you'll just continue to get flamed, so bring it and shut us all up.
Old 12-22-2000, 07:26 AM
living out of a maxima...

*****applying*flames*liberally*****
Old 12-22-2000, 08:58 AM
Foo90SE

Christmas season must bring lots-of-arguments...flame war going on in Off-topic too

Happy Holidays! Flame away! :

Old 12-22-2000, 11:26 AM

Originally posted by Sith
The only way you could have a 3.3 is to use a VG33 Block, or he could have Bored it out. Which why would any1 really wanna due. the Money for it compared to the performance gains is just not worth it.

And until you actually HAVE proof you'll just continue to get flamed, so bring it and shut us all up.
well at least someone knows engine mods (Sith) , thats what he did he had it ported and then polished, i never said it was cheap or worth it, I think he paid closely too $3,000 maybe less or more it was about a year ago that he did it so i cant remember exactly. Ok my last quote about the y-pipe and not from my mouth but from Stillen "Y-pipe gains HP in normally aspirated or supercharged cars, which will add about 10hp to the wheels" I REST MY CASE.
Old 12-22-2000, 11:31 AM
Eagles Fan 4 Lyfe

"Y-pipe gains HP in normally aspirated or supercharged cars, which will add about 10hp to the wheels" I REST MY CASE. [/I]
point proven...Y-PIPE is worth it...unlike what you said in your original post...so whats your point?
Old 12-22-2000, 11:44 AM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

OUr point to begin with....

so this whole argument was pointless, you just proved YOURSELF wrong!?!?! WTF!?!?!?! DO YOU REALIZE thats TEN HP to the <b>freaking wheels!!!</b>

Ok my last quote about the y-pipe and not from my mouth but from Stillen "Y-pipe gains HP in normally aspirated or supercharged cars, which will add about 10hp to the wheels" I REST MY CASE.
Old 12-22-2000, 11:54 AM
Eagles Fan 4 Lyfe

im still lauging cause this thread is hilarious...JTR are you there?
Old 12-22-2000, 12:10 PM
STFU n00b!

well at least someone knows engine mods (Sith) , thats what he did he had it ported and then polished, i never said it was cheap or worth it, I think he paid closely too $3,000 maybe less or more it was about a year ago that he did it so i cant remember exactly. Ok my last quote about the y-pipe and not from my mouth but from Stillen "Y-pipe gains HP in normally aspirated or supercharged cars, which will add about 10hp to the wheels" I REST MY CASE.

That's pretty damm funny, there big guy.. porting and polishing will net you NO GAINS IN ENGINE SIZE. port and polish is only for intake and exhaust manifolds.. mostly for intake, but I've seen exhaust ported also.. it does absolutely NOTHING to the displacement of the engine.

and yes, a Y pipe WILL net you more power, as you just now said.. I've been trying to keep my mouth shut on this whole thread for the last few days, but you don't seem to know when to shut up.

One more thing.. <B>Coupld you PLEASE do something with that ridiculously huge sig pic?!?! </B> the damn thing doesn't even fit on my screen! (besides the fact I think it's hideous, but that's my own preferences there)
Old 12-22-2000, 12:29 PM

This thread was a trip next thing you know he's going to say that stillen told him that the sky is purple and pigs can fly anytime they want to, then he's going to say that one of his friends has a rstb on his 3rd gen with a 5L engine.
Old 12-22-2000, 12:42 PM
Foo90SE

Originally posted by primeevil711
...then he's going to say that one of his friends has a rstb on his 3rd gen with a 5L engine.
Fast4EN had a RSTB on his 3rd gen..just thought id say that

Old 12-22-2000, 09:19 PM

Like matt said, porting and polishing is for intake and exhaust. Boring is expanding out the cylinders for bigger pistons and crank and cam and what not. Which will inturn give you more displacement but like i said it would be pretty much pointless. For that much money a VG-T swap or some kind of fabricated turbo system would be much more cost efficent.
Old 12-22-2000, 09:30 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

Now he'll comeback saying.....

"oh yeah, boring out the cylinders....yeah thats what I meant to say..." <b>He already messed up when he agreed that his boys ported and polished the intake and exhaust and changed the displacement that way!!(sorry WRONG answer buddy!!)</b> just waiting for his next ridiculous reply(if he has any left)......*sits back whistling*

Originally posted by Sith
Like matt said, porting and polishing is for intake and exhaust. Boring is expanding out the cylinders for bigger pistons and crank and cam and what not. Which will inturn give you more displacement but like i said it would be pretty much pointless. For that much money a VG-T swap or some kind of fabricated turbo system would be much more cost efficent.
Old 12-23-2000, 01:48 AM

well if he thinks that porting and polishing the intake and exhaust is a worth while mod and still thinks the Y-pipe is worthless then he doesn't realize that they do the exact same thing, free up the restrictions of the stock exhaust system. allows the air to flow smoother and faster. but
-shrug-
And also Y-pipes do do alot for N/A vehicles, if you go with Boost THEN you would want a bigger less restrictive piping, 2.25" or 2.5" is ok for N/A, if you go boost then you'll want 3". Unless stillens Y-pipe is 3" then they are wrong that Y-pipes are only for Boosted vehicles.
Old 12-23-2000, 05:07 AM

maxium5spd is an idiot

has any ever looked closely to his, superb grammar?
i mean.. geez.. that guy cant even "speek enlit" does he even know english? i was just wondering
Old 12-23-2000, 05:50 AM

just because he follows his beliefs doesn't mean he's an idiot. If he does have friends that have bored out engines, and he doesn't believe a Y-Pipe is worth the money then fine. Hooray.
Let's stay civilized with a good convo without name calling.
Old 12-23-2000, 12:57 PM
DavidMaxum

Re: I;ve heard of that electric supercharger before....

Originally posted by DA-MAX
very mixed reviews....what do you think about it???? and what brand is it? welcome to the board!! BTW, I think you know who to and not to take MOD advice from on here!!! *couhg*Maximum5spd*cough*
I like your pic of the Hekimian engine and your car that so damn true. I just dont think that getting that power to the ground would be very easy. Back to my point. The supercharger is from E-Racing. It seemed to be BS at first but these guys use it on thier autocross cars and have had great results on vehicles with less than 5 liters of displacement. I have got everything short of a rebuilt engine and nitrous for my maxima so I took the chance on this little sucker. It only comes in when your at full throttle and your engine can benefit from increased air charge much like a nitrous oxide system. My torque increase was quite amazing. In first gear if I rev it past 3k it will just sit and spin the tires until I let off the throttle. I find it work best from a rolling start and traction is already established. The unit is quite powerful and durable and make an already efficient engine better. It complements my CAI nicely but can be used on any configuration. The website is very userfriendly and informative. Since the mod I have raced a couple of NA 300's and have hung with them easily. I want a Nitrous Oxide and I am considering the 55 ZEX. What are your thoughts?

Old 12-23-2000, 01:09 PM
DavidMaxum

Originally posted by MILLENIUM MAX
David i heard that udp and LW flywheels aren't good when used together,but i see that you have it.Well let me know how yours works and how long you had then on as well as your power gains because this is the same set up i want to run.
I originally had a UDP from Greg Hekimian and it was extremely light but the bore and keyway was never right for my 93 SE crankshaft snout. I then had to put the stock unit back on. I wanted a faster spinning motor and the flywheel from Mueller is the only one reasonable. MuellerFabrication.com makes the flywheels for Unorthodox and Stillen. I always do my research before doing any mod to my car. Well after the flywheel install I got my acceleration that I had lost from going back to my stock pulley. I was desperately looking for a lightened UDP and ASP is the only people that have it. It made a nice addition to my current mods. It is well worth the $109 plus shipping. Millenium Max what do you think of the ZEX 55 shot of nitrous. I would appreciate the needed advice.

Old 12-23-2000, 01:24 PM

Originally posted by DavidMaxum
I originally had a UDP from Greg Hekimian and it was extremely light but the bore and keyway was never right for my 93 SE crankshaft snout.\
Uhh.. Thats because it was designed for the VG engine. Not the VE engine you have.
Old 12-23-2000, 01:40 PM
DavidMaxum

Originally posted by Maximamike
Originally posted by DavidMaxum
I originally had a UDP from Greg Hekimian and it was extremely light but the bore and keyway was never right for my 93 SE crankshaft snout.\
Uhh.. Thats because it was designed for the VG engine. Not the VE engine you have.
I am sure you know your stuff when it comes to Maxima mods and so am I. I did not know about ASP and the pulley that they offer at that time. The Hekimian unit was designed for the VG granted but I had Greg machine it on the CNC especially for my application. The center portion that runs the alternator belt is of the 4pk version so my alt. pulley was also changed to match. The original bore was enlarged and the keyway was still evident so my keyway spec was then machined into the custom unit. However there were a couple of small channels around the keyway that continued to let that expensive Torco leak. I am no fan of leaking oil. Why doesn't everyone respond to my other questions anyway. I want to run some nitrous any speculations Maximamike.

Old 12-23-2000, 01:45 PM

Get your compression tested. Make sure its in spec. Get a tune up and spray away.

Quick Reply: NEWBIE HERE WANT HELP MAKE MY MAX FASTER