3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

NEWBIE HERE WANT HELP MAKE MY MAX FASTER

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2000, 02:08 PM
DavidMaxum

I know your time must be very valuable. Give me a litte more info. I heard that my platinum plugs are not good with nitrous because it degrades the surfaceof the tip somewhat. I am only going to do a 55 shot so my fuel pump should suffice. What has been your experience with nitrous. But damn I need some better advice. My car runs perfect. Elaborate a little please. If your are a slow or poor typist I can forgive you.

Old 12-23-2000, 02:36 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

Though I'm not a nitrous expert...

I've heard even for a 50 shot I'd upgrade the fuel pump to optomize the flow! spak plugs specific for induction are necessary also and some timimg adjustment might be suggested as well!! you also might wanna get a Jacobs Nitro Mastermind which will allow you too adjust the NOS flow rate according to two RPM settings(above 3000rpms), which reduces wheel spin and stress on the engine and tranny. I'd go with NOS though rather than ZEX, for the simple fact of NOS's better available safety products and accessories and many of Zex safety products are still in production, plus NOS has a larger variety of jet shots available(even less than 40shot I think)! Venom also has a new nitrous system out there too, but same issues as I stated above and saefty while inuse and off is my biggest issue!! as for the e-ram I checked their site too, very nice little pice of machinery,(did you see the demo video, hmmm...??) I'm going to order mine next month to add onto my CAI(whenever I get that, come on WSP), where on the CAI did you position it?? I'm afraid to position the e-ram to close to the area where the CAI enters the fenderwell for fear when it rains it will suck in 20gallons of water!! if there was a way to turn the e-ram on and off w/ a switch that would help a lot, any suggestions, hmmmm........
Old 12-23-2000, 02:39 PM

Originally posted by DavidMaxum
I know your time must be very valuable. Give me a litte more info. I heard that my platinum plugs are not good with nitrous because it degrades the surfaceof the tip somewhat. I am only going to do a 55 shot so my fuel pump should suffice. What has been your experience with nitrous. But damn I need some better advice. My car runs perfect. Elaborate a little please. If your are a slow or poor typist I can forgive you.
Nah, I'm good I'm not sure if you're afraid of using platinum tipped plugs with nitrous but they should be fine. If you want to be extra careful switch to copper plugs. They don't last as long but I hear they're safer(for what reason I have no clue). My experience with nitrous? Well, me and my friend Chris plumbed a system to a go kart. Blew the engine into pieces but it was fun. Email Bryan H for nitrous stuff. He's da VE guru.. LOL
Old 12-23-2000, 02:40 PM

Originally posted by doug
buy a 4th Gen
Why would he want a slower, worse handling, ugly *** 4th gen? Go back to your forum log suspension boy
Old 12-23-2000, 02:47 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Maximum5spd
Ok if you want talk about engine mods. wellll here in brooklyn every other person has a maxima, soo i hav few friends that did so much to their max engines that you would never seen before. he had his engine done to 3.3L and my other friend got it to 3.5L.
Whoop-ty-****ing-do! Gshadow(Steve) who owns/runs/whatever Carative Styling has a 3.1 liter VQ(or something like that). You think that impresses me? I think your friend is a moron. He wouldn't gain 30 hp from that. LOL.

Also i have seen a power/comfort button with a 5 speed.
Now thats ****ing funny! What does it do, switch to a different clutch when you change the button? AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!
Old 12-23-2000, 03:14 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Maximamike
Originally posted by Maximum5spd
Ok if you want talk about engine mods. wellll here in brooklyn every other person has a maxima, soo i hav few friends that did so much to their max engines that you would never seen before. he had his engine done to 3.3L and my other friend got it to 3.5L.
Whoop-ty-****ing-do! Gshadow(Steve) who owns/runs/whatever Carative Styling has a 3.1 liter VQ(or something like that). You think that impresses me? I think your friend is a moron. He wouldn't gain 30 hp from that. LOL.

Now thats ****ing funny! What does it do, switch to a different clutch when you change the button? AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!
im not even going to reply to your idiotic posts, just because you never seen an engine beaing bored our and ported and polished doesnt mean it doesnt gain anything.
i just hope i find that guy somehow, to take pics of his car and engine mods.
Old 12-23-2000, 03:30 PM

im not even going to reply to your idiotic posts, just because you never seen an engine beaing bored our and ported and polished doesnt mean it doesnt gain anything.
Ok, you do that. Take pictures of the inside of his engine. LOL
Old 12-23-2000, 03:37 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

Ever see those medical videos...

where they put fiber-optic wires into the patient and go through their insides?? maybe he's gonna do it that way......well its possible!!!(LOL) Maybe he was there when they bored it out right?? but at first I thought he said it was only ported and polished?? but at first I thought he said his boys Max dynoed 172hp?? but I thought he said 5spds come with A/T switch??(keyword A/T aka AUTO TRANSMISSION!!!) but I thought the y-pipe had no significant gains on N/a engines?? but I thought he said a VG can't achieve more than 190hp and a VE no more than 210?? Its funny how you can't answer or prove anything you spit, just funny is all it is........

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Maximamike
Ok, you do that. Take pictures of the inside of his engine. LOL
[Edited by DA-MAX on 12-23-2000 at 05:41 PM]
Old 12-23-2000, 03:49 PM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

the last 5 posts it was like "i'm not going to respond to your post blah blah" but EVERYTIME you still post..STFU!! holy sheeit!

Originally posted by Maximamike

Old 12-23-2000, 03:54 PM

what is it 90 replies and still going,this is cool. i just wonder if anyone in here with a vg with more then 190hp? hmmmmmmmmm
Old 12-23-2000, 04:03 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

Yup 90 replies.......

and you still can't back up sh*t you say, and the 300hp VG just doesn't seem to have registered in your mind yet! One last question, are you retarded or stupid?? Think you can answer that one?? But don't worry, we won't need any proof of that!!!

what is it 90 replies and still going,this is cool. i just wonder if anyone in here with a vg with more then 190hp? hmmmmmmmmm
Old 12-23-2000, 05:05 PM
Eagles Fan 4 Lyfe

Originally posted by Maximamike

[/I]
3.2 liter mikey

maximum5spd...you post saying your not going to post to idiotic responses...how bout a response to the original topic...you saying a Y-pipe is.....well....worthless....then you post a stillen quote about it being good for 10hp on N/A motors...wtf? care to enlighten us some more with your vast knowledge???
Old 12-23-2000, 05:48 PM

STOP!

i told you aboyt that 300hp engine, its not at all what im talking about here. I simply said is anyone here with a VG engine that made it 190hp. still no replys to that, all you do is compare to that 300hp engine that costs as much as a almost 4th gen maxima. and that no one has swaped it yet into their max, so once again anyone in here with 190+hp??
As far as bored out engine.. no power huh??? i wonder why do they increase displacements in the first place, theyre just probably bored and have nothing else to do. i wonder why that guy that i know spent around 2-3k on boring out his engine?? he must be rich right. and did for the hel of it. So untill you get your engine bored out i suggest you dont post replys without knowing what it does to the engine. Ive been in his car i know what it does, i dont give too S$*ts if you belive or want proof or not. I know it thats all it metters. And by the way he had a VE 94 max, and thats a diff guy who had the whole y-pipe with catback. And as far as the y-pipe i said it adds not more then 5-8hp however everyone kept saying it adds nearly 20hp. ok so i was wrong but so was everyone else, but then again, Now you are going to say Stillen doesnt know anything about maximas, I wonder who does? But thats besides the point, im not hear to argue with you people i just hate it when you condract things you havent seen with your own eyes, that really does not mean it does not exist. And to that power/comfort button. Have you ever wondered how it got there maybe he had an automatic in it before and he just changed the tranny to 5spd, but no with out any facts you say it does not exist, that button still works he made that power work with his ECU and Fuel Line, not sure how, all i remember is him telling me with that button is on the rpm redline increases nearly by 700. Sorry dont know more or how he did or how it works. So please people be quiet.
Old 12-23-2000, 07:04 PM
Eagles Fan 4 Lyfe

hmmm...no one said anything about a Y putting down 20 horses...i just looked back through the thread and the most people have said was 10-15....15 is feasible...its been dyno proven....the avg gain will be from 10-15...it just varies on all cars...my Y could net me 10 while on someone else's it could net them 13...who cares...the Y is worth it...

stillen does know things but they are in now way maxima "experts"...there are other companies out there that specificly design parts for max's and thats who i would go to....stillen deals with a lot of makes and models now and as far as i'm concerned they're are in business for $$...not to help out joe schmoe who wants to make his car faster...when you call....you're talking to a customer service rep not a mechanic so who says they aren't going to BS you for a sale...
Old 12-23-2000, 08:59 PM

You're in the same boat as I am, except you're contradicting yourself. 0.2 liters of displacement is not that much. You're not gonna gain anything over 20-30 hp. I'm saying this cuz of people that have done this. You're saying this like you have done it first hand. Also fuel lines and ECU's? What is he controlling. The 5 spd has no computer controls anywhere in it. He's bull****ting you to make you think his car is cool. And as for me boring out my engine? I've thought of it. Not enough gains for the HP. I want boost. So anyways, everytime you open your mouth you make yourself look like an ***. My suggestion is just to shut up. Plain and simple. At least I'm not bull****ting you, eh?
Old 12-23-2000, 09:01 PM
MILLENIUM MAX

David i have the asp unp already and i'm about to get the lw fly and was planing on the a 65 shot nitros from zex as well,dam do we share the same brain j/k.You also stated that you have a supercharger well were did you get ot from and does that company have a website,o and as far as your nitro question ask nismo 87 he may give you some good advise.

Old 12-23-2000, 10:41 PM
spongerlbc

Maximum5spd, please be quiet. All you are doing is making a fool out of yourself. No one likes you, cept maybe your friend with the magical 3.5 liter Maxima engine.

Old 12-24-2000, 01:15 AM

Boring out the engine will net you a slightly higher torque and a tiny bit of HP. Not worthy of the 3 grand it costs to do it. 190hp stock, bored out .2 maybe 198hp? The car will pull abit better because it will have a little more torque in it, but still a regular joe schmoe stock 3.0 VE could keep up. Displacement only works when everything else around the engine and bolt-ons add up. So like when you see an old 3.0 with 190, then a 3.5 with 260, it's because the engine was built at 3.5 and everything is the way it should be. Not to mention it of course has more goodies packed inside.
Old 12-24-2000, 10:22 AM
DavidMaxum

Re: Though I'm not a nitrous expert...

[QUOTE]Originally posted by DA-MAX
[I]I've heard even for a 50 shot I'd upgrade the fuel pump to optomize the flow! spak plugs specific for induction are necessary also and some timimg adjustment might be suggested as well!! you also might wanna get a Jacobs Nitro Mastermind which will allow you too adjust the NOS flow rate according to two RPM settings(above 3000rpms), which reduces wheel spin and stress on the engine and tranny. I'd go with NOS though rather than ZEX, for the simple fact of NOS's better available safety products and accessories and many of Zex safety products are still in production, plus NOS has a larger variety of jet shots available(even less than 40shot I think)! Venom also has a new nitrous system out there too, but same issues as I stated above and saefty while inuse and off is my biggest issue!! as for the e-ram I checked their site too, very nice little pice of machinery,(did you see the demo video, hmmm...??) I'm going to order mine next month to add onto my CAI(whenever I get that, come on WSP), where on the CAI did you position it?? I'm afraid to position the e-ram to close to the area where the CAI enters the fenderwell for fear when it rains it will suck in 20gallons of water!! if there was a way to turn the e-ram on and off w/ a switch that would help a lot, any suggestions, hmmmm

Hey Da max
The eram is only controlled by the mircoswitch on the throttle linkage but you could install an interior switch to power the relay however you like. If you already have a CAI the eram will not make the water any more of a problem. I have taken off my stock fogs and fabricated a plastic scoop on the lower bumper section to direct more air towards the k&n and the eram is mounted directly behind that. The only way you could get into trouble is by driving through like a foot of water. Concerning the nitrous advice after I spend all that green on those components I mine as well get the JWT package? Who the hell is this Maxima5spd? He is a ****ing idiot. Those guys with all those bull**** stories always know everything.

Old 12-24-2000, 10:59 AM
DavidMaxum

Originally posted by MILLENIUM MAX
David i have the asp unp already and i'm about to get the lw fly and was planing on the a 65 shot nitros from zex as well,dam do we share the same brain j/k.You also stated that you have a supercharger well were did you get ot from and does that company have a website,o and as far as your nitro question ask nismo 87 he may give you some good advise.
My supercharger is of the electric nature and it eliminates any inherent vacuum that the engine must create. It moves 750 cubic feet of air per minute. A 3.0 liter engine at 6000 rpm only injests about half of that. It is a 50 amp electric motor that engages at full throttle when your car can truly benefit from the increased air charge. Keep in mind that even at 2k rpm if you floor the pedal you will recieve full boost. Their site is great Electricsupercharger.com Also their is a product in the making that is even more powerful than this product called the Turbopac 1500. It is much more like a conventional supercharger but is much stronger possibly 4-6psi of boost with only 100 amps of current draw for a limited time. http://www.turbodyne.com is where I found the piece but through some investigation I discovered that they have turned it over to the Honeywell corporation for further development. It would be priced around $1000 but thats sure cheaper than a similar VQ system from Stillen plus it would be much easier to install and less maintenence. Later Millenium

Old 12-24-2000, 11:41 AM
Foo90SE

Wow..100 replies

actually 101 now hehe..and over 1k views...thats gotta be a new record

Old 12-24-2000, 12:18 PM

Re: STOP!

i told you aboyt that 300hp engine, its not at all what im talking about here. I simply said is anyone here with a VG engine that made it 190hp. still no replys to that, all you do is compare to that 300hp engine that costs as much as a almost 4th gen maxima. and that no one has swaped it yet into their max, so once again anyone in here with 190+hp??
As far as bored out engine.. no power huh??? i wonder why do they increase displacements in the first place, theyre just probably bored and have nothing else to do. i wonder why that guy that i know spent around 2-3k on boring out his engine?? he must be rich right. and did for the hel of it. So untill you get your engine bored out i suggest you dont post replys without knowing what it does to the engine. Ive been in his car i know what it does, i dont give too S$*ts if you belive or want proof or not. I know it thats all it metters. And by the way he had a VE 94 max, and thats a diff guy who had the whole y-pipe with catback. And as far as the y-pipe i said it adds not more then 5-8hp however everyone kept saying it adds nearly 20hp. ok so i was wrong but so was everyone else, but then again, Now you are going to say Stillen doesnt know anything about maximas, I wonder who does? But thats besides the point, im not hear to argue with you people i just hate it when you condract things you havent seen with your own eyes, that really does not mean it does not exist. And to that power/comfort button. Have you ever wondered how it got there maybe he had an automatic in it before and he just changed the tranny to 5spd, but no with out any facts you say it does not exist, that button still works he made that power work with his ECU and Fuel Line, not sure how, all i remember is him telling me with that button is on the rpm redline increases nearly by 700. Sorry dont know more or how he did or how it works. So please people be quiet.
Look man I'm from brooklyn too and I know the school system has to be teaching you kids something cuz the fact that everything you type is absolutely wrong it looks like you skipped almost every english class at school. You can go ahead and spout all the bull&*$ you want that's fine with me but please have somebody proofread your bull@##$ before you post it. Someone needs to bore out your ears and drop some brains in your head. .............5-8hp with a y-pipe and a catback......{what a moron)
Old 12-24-2000, 12:32 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

AHAHAHAHAHA.......

--->
Someone needs to <b>bore</b> out your ears and drop some brains in your head.
<--------

AHAHAHAHAHAHA........
Old 12-24-2000, 12:33 PM

port and polish?
Old 12-24-2000, 12:33 PM
Eagles Fan 4 Lyfe

Re: Wow..100 replies

Originally posted by Foo90SE
not even close...
Old 12-25-2000, 12:23 PM

I just wanna say 2 things!

Maximum 5 speed- go buy a Y-pipe and check your butt dyno, then come back here and tell us what u think. Oh and your car is RICE! do somthin about it!
Old 12-25-2000, 04:19 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

ok I have been reading this thread from

point A to point ZZ, lol. Anyway, One thing I wanted to point out was about his friends car with the comfort/sport button or whatever it was. Did you ask your friend how he got it there? Now think for a whole sec or minute wait couple hours I hear your brain isnt bored to 3.5 liters so horse power gains are nil..... anyway did you ever think that he did a Transmission swap? AUTO to STICK? Did you ever think about that...hmmmmmmmm? I was waiting for some one to point this out, but never did. If it does have one I bet the darn thing doesnt even work. For the fact that he has a stick, NOW! Try to back that one up buddy boy. Because its impossible for it to work!!! He may have it, but its useless!
Old 12-26-2000, 03:01 PM
Eagles Fan 4 Lyfe

Re: ok I have been reading this thread from

Originally posted by max88q
point A to point ZZ, lol. Anyway, One thing I wanted to point out was about his friends car with the comfort/sport button or whatever it was. Did you ask your friend how he got it there? Now think for a whole sec or minute wait couple hours I hear your brain isnt bored to 3.5 liters so horse power gains are nil..... anyway did you ever think that he did a Transmission swap? AUTO to STICK? Did you ever think about that...hmmmmmmmm? I was waiting for some one to point this out, but never did. If it does have one I bet the darn thing doesnt even work. For the fact that he has a stick, NOW! Try to back that one up buddy boy. Because its impossible for it to work!!! He may have it, but its useless!
ummm...do you mean the stick doesn't work?? if so then how would the car move? BTW...an auto to stick conversion is possible and has been done by "need4power"...it's just lots of time money and parts...but it is possible...
Old 12-26-2000, 08:21 PM

Re: Re: ok I have been reading this thread from

Originally posted by Chris91SE
ummm...do you mean the stick doesn't work?? if so then how would the car move? BTW...an auto to stick conversion is possible and has been done by "need4power"...it's just lots of time money and parts...but it is possible...
What I believe he was trying to say is that if he had an auto and he did a swap to a stick, the A/T switch could still be there, but it would do absolutely nothing.
Old 12-27-2000, 04:18 PM
Eagles Fan 4 Lyfe

i see how it can be interpreted that way
Old 01-05-2001, 06:02 PM

I'm not the smartest man, but I try to use some common sense before posting...

So... if we know we're right.. then why bother arguing with him... Think of it in different terms.. The Y-Pipe does not add horsepower... it only frees up HP that our cars already have... =Þ
More air in, more air out... more HP (in a nutshell)
I think Jambo should demote him to from his status to something a little more colorful and creative.
Old 01-05-2001, 07:01 PM

Re: ok I have been reading this thread from

HE HE HE HE

I love this, Ok point AAAAAAAA read all the posts before replying, i specifically said "he had the tranny redone from auto to stick, the button is still there is doesnt work like power/comfort. It has to do something with his computer and his fuel pump, when you push that button, his rpm go above 6.5. maybe up to 7 or little more (saw it with my own eyes) i dont know how it works or how it was done and i cant argue it . i know i saw it and i know it works. thats all i have to say. So as to your point A to ZZ read all the posts carefully. the whole Y-pipe thing, i dont care in my opinion its not worth it, maybe if i get it and ill see the change for my self then i will agree with all of you guys.
Old 01-07-2001, 05:02 AM
Botnik

Oh man.... Maximum5spd, you're just asking for it. I wasn't going to post anything, but............you are just one stubborn fool. What's up with this comfort/power thing on a stick? Do you even know what this buttom does or even how a stick shift works? In a stick shift, the driver controls what rpm to shift gears at so how would the buttom work with a stick? Man, just end this now and accept the fact that most of the things you mentioned did not make sense.

Old 01-07-2001, 10:15 AM

Re: Re: Wow..100 replies

Well...there was 14 pages last night in the "twatboy" and rustly explorer person. Is that a record? Anyone seen a longer thread then that?

PJ

Originally posted by Chris91SE
Originally posted by Foo90SE
not even close...
Old 01-07-2001, 11:35 AM
Eagles Fan 4 Lyfe

believe me there has been many that were much much longer
Old 01-07-2001, 01:51 PM

Jambo deleted that thread didn't he? Jus makin sure.