3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Craig B. and those who did the turn signal mod... questions.

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2000, 05:27 PM

hey i was wondering if it keeps the front signals lit up too, and do they still blink, or is it the outer part of the tail lamp tha blinks after the mod. How can i light the turn signals and still have them blink? Oh and Craig, how much did you pay for your carbon dash i want one too, eventually!
Old 12-22-2000, 05:30 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

As for the lights.....

the yellow part will blink and the coner part will be a lot brighter (like it is when the turn signals are on normally!) and the front signals remain the same!

Originally posted by Blu Max
hey i was wondering if it keeps the front signals lit up too, and do they still blink, or is it the outer part of the tail lamp tha blinks after the mod. How can i light the turn signals and still have them blink? Oh and Craig, how much did you pay for your carbon dash i want one too, eventually!
Old 12-22-2000, 05:39 PM

Re: As for the lights.....

No dude, sorry i did that mod already it's dope!
I was talking about the turn signal mod, not the corner lamp mod. did you do this?

Originally posted by DA-MAX
the yellow part will blink and the coner part will be a lot brighter (like it is when the turn signals are on normally!) and the front signals remain the same!

Old 12-22-2000, 06:51 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

OOOOOHHHH.......

with the rear corners and the rear turn signals?(that one right??) nope, I didn't particularily care to do that one, but none the less another cool Craig B "electrical mod"!! wait for him to reply I've only heard of one or two others that did it.

Old 12-22-2000, 08:12 PM

Re: OOOOOHHHH.......

with the rear corners and the rear turn signals?(that one right??) nope, I didn't particularily care to do that one, but none the less another cool Craig B "electrical mod"!! wait for him to reply I've only heard of one or two others that did it.

hey..do you think your car looks good with just the stillen front lip? i was debating buying one, but am not sure if it'd look out of place/
Old 12-22-2000, 08:21 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

The Stillen front lip.......

makes a HELL of a difference!!!!!!! it makes the car look a lot more aggressive and low in the front, but it's not too "ricey" thus keeping the sports sedan feel(which I like)!!! I'm just waiting to get my hands on the rest of the kit or a decently priced set of Erebuni sideskirts, then it'll look really sweet!!

Old 12-22-2000, 08:30 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

um, I'm not really sure what you're asking; are you talking about front or back or both
the rear thing just switches the bulb holders for the outside of the brake light with the blinker that is right below it so both still operate normally, but the position is switched
corner light rewires-1. make corner bright all the time, regardless of turn signal 2. make the small orange bulb blink alternately with the front bumper signal - in the second case, the blinkers still operate normally except for the fact that the orange bulb will blink instead of normally just coming on solid when turn signal is on
clarify your question and I'll try to help out some more, I just don't get what you're saying (I haven't had much sleep recently so that's probably why)
as far carbon fiber dash, go to http://www.woodtrim.com and get it! I think it looks very nice and it worth it. I was looking for something to improve my interior since that's where I am most of the time and this was definitely the way to go for me. Fits pretty well and looks good. I got mine last xmas and it cost just under 200
Old 12-22-2000, 08:33 PM

Originally posted by «§»Craig B«§»
um, I'm not really sure what you're asking; are you talking about front or back or both
the rear thing just switches the bulb holders for the outside of the brake light with the blinker that is right below it so both still operate normally, but the position is switched
corner light rewires-1. make corner bright all the time, regardless of turn signal 2. make the small orange bulb blink alternately with the front bumper signal - in the second case, the blinkers still operate normally except for the fact that the orange bulb will blink instead of normally just coming on solid when turn signal is on
clarify your question and I'll try to help out some more, I just don't get what you're saying (I haven't had much sleep recently so that's probably why)
as far carbon fiber dash, go to http://www.woodtrim.com and get it! I think it looks very nice and it worth it. I was looking for something to improve my interior since that's where I am most of the time and this was definitely the way to go for me. Fits pretty well and looks good. I got mine last xmas and it cost just under 200
if you want a carbon fiber dash I think the price was like 130 shipped if you go trhough me, i had a semi-group buy (more like 3 person buy)
Old 12-22-2000, 08:36 PM

Re: The Stillen front lip.......

makes a HELL of a difference!!!!!!! it makes the car look a lot more aggressive and low in the front, but it's not too "ricey" thus keeping the sports sedan feel(which I like)!!! I'm just waiting to get my hands on the rest of the kit or a decently priced set of Erebuni sideskirts, then it'll look really sweet!!
hmm, does it look out of place at all..with just the front lip?

how bout the front and back, and no side skirts yet?
Old 12-22-2000, 08:44 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

Yeah sort of but,

the group deal price I got was too good and plus I got it painted for $100 and put on for $30!!! It doesn't look bad at all though, and to me even with the front lip only it looks better than stock.(since I have no other "real" appearance mods)
Old 12-22-2000, 08:59 PM

Re: Yeah sort of but,

the group deal price I got was too good and plus I got it painted for $100 and put on for $30!!! It doesn't look bad at all though, and to me even with the front lip only it looks better than stock.(since I have no other "real" appearance mods)
hmm, how much did you pay for the lip? i can get it painted and istalled for $20, and prolly the lip for 140 shipped?
Old 12-22-2000, 09:10 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

The group deal I was on...

got it for $150 w/ shipping too(I think , but can't rememeber)! $30 off the original price at that time, but for $140 and only $20 to install why miss out on it!! and if you got extra loot shoot for the whole kit, if you've seen Candiman's car, theres no beating it(except for the Erebuni kit, but whos gonna pay $1k+??)

Originally posted by ngthing
hmm, how much did you pay for the lip? i can get it painted and istalled for $20, and prolly the lip for 140 shipped?
Old 12-22-2000, 10:20 PM
davis449

I checked with the DPS here in Texas and they said it was an illegal mod. Anyone from texas know or hear otherwise. I did it for a little while (1 hour) and I totally dug it! I thought it looked pimp as hell, but I don't need a ticket.

Old 12-22-2000, 10:57 PM
OG Maxima.org Member

Front lip...

Dang, Jonathan.... for $140 shipped, I'd get the front lip. I just have to wait until my next payday, though.
Old 12-23-2000, 11:53 AM

check out my sig, that's what my lights do at night. In the day time, they blink normal
Old 12-23-2000, 02:41 PM

kingston...

dpes it make your car shake like that also? j/k. What does the REAR turn signal mod do? never heard of that one. Still ahevnt done my corner/front turn done either it's too coel and snowy. And I havent been able to find a "Quick Splice Connector" like Craig said to use on his site.

PJ
Old 12-23-2000, 07:27 PM

I never heard of the rear turn signal mod. Hmm who knows what the heck that is. Yea, you should wait until it heats up in your area. I hate try to splice and crimp things when your fingers are cold and frozen.
Old 12-23-2000, 08:44 PM

Re: kingston...

Originally posted by speednsound007
dpes it make your car shake like that also? j/k. What does the REAR turn signal mod do? never heard of that one. Still ahevnt done my corner/front turn done either it's too coel and snowy. And I havent been able to find a "Quick Splice Connector" like Craig said to use on his site.

PJ
TOO COLD?!?! I did a complete front brake job and sway bar install yesterday afternoon with it being 25 degrees out. Of course it was in the garage, but the door was still open. Too cold, sheesh
Old 12-23-2000, 09:19 PM

Re: kingston...

PJ
you don't necessariyl need a quick splice connector, any kind will do; that's just a really easy one for most people
you can connect the wires any way you want
as far the rear signal mod, look at the webpage and there are some pics of it there
Old 12-23-2000, 09:40 PM

can i just...

snip the wire then put the three ends together (the two ends form the wire I cut and the new wire I add) and hold it together with one of those twisty caps that combines wires?

PJ
Old 12-23-2000, 10:02 PM
Foo90SE

i wouldnt suggest using a 'wire nut'(thats what i call em ) what i would do is get some of the crimp connectors and put 2 wires in one end and crimp it, and put the other wire in the other end and crimp it. thats what i did. u can tape it up after that and it shouldnt come loose

Old 12-24-2000, 09:44 AM

Re: can i just...

snip the wire then put the three ends together (the two ends form the wire I cut and the new wire I add) and hold it together with one of those twisty caps that combines wires?

PJ
yes you can, that will work fine. they are called wire nuts as Foo said. Just make sure to tape it up after you do that so that nothing (like water for example) could collect inside the wire nut if it got turned upside down over time
Old 12-25-2000, 11:55 AM

Nooooo

Don't use wire nuts!