3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Fuel injector harness help.>>

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2002, 05:13 PM
Eagles Fan 4 Lyfe

Fuel injector harness help.>>

OK here's the deal. My old injector harness was corroded and the boots were ripped so i'm think this is the cause of a miss i'm experiencing. I get the new harness and go at it. The new haress has 2 wires (white w/pink and pink w/ yellow see pic)

the harness on the car has 4 wires (white w/ pink, pink w/ yellow, pink w/blue and pink w/ green see pic)

http://images.cardomain.com/installs...768_3_full.jpg

I went to Nissan and a tech said i should connect all 3 pink wires into the 1 on the NEW harness and obviously the white and the white. I did that and the car ran LIKE SH*T. If I ONLY connect the white w/ white and then the 2 pinks w/ yellow it runs OK w/ the same miss I had before. Once if I add another pink wire...no prob. As soon as the 3rd one gets connect it runs like crap again.

Any suggestions? I want to make sure this is connected properly and then I can go about finding out what else is wrong (i.e injectors or whatever.)
Old 10-13-2002, 12:04 AM

Hmm it seems that the injector harness changes them to batch fire. For example when one fires all fire. The only thing I can suggest is to splice the new injector connectors and solder them to the OEM wires for the old injectors. When the recall was done on the 2nd gen max and Z31s, the injectors were wired in the same manor. If you want to convert to batch fire, connect the wire to which injector makes the engine idle the best.
Old 10-13-2002, 07:13 AM

Ummm definitly dont connector them to fire together, the car will definitly run like ****.

If you had the fsm it would have been easier to understand.

The injectors are negativley triggered. That means they always have a positive supply, meaning that white wire is positive and is always alive. That white wire needs to feed the positive terminal on all three injectors. The other three wires are the negative triggers (the wire that pulses the injector). You need to make sure that they go to the proper injector to make sure they can fire in the correct sequence.
Old 10-13-2002, 09:18 AM
Eagles Fan 4 Lyfe

Originally posted by Nismo87SE
Hmm it seems that the injector harness changes them to batch fire. For example when one fires all fire. The only thing I can suggest is to splice the new injector connectors and solder them to the OEM wires for the old injectors. When the recall was done on the 2nd gen max and Z31s, the injectors were wired in the same manor. If you want to convert to batch fire, connect the wire to which injector makes the engine idle the best.
The nissan tech mentioned the recall and change in design but said it would still work which didn't make sense to me in the beginning. I was planning on going the route of doing the splicing today. Thanks.
Old 10-13-2002, 09:19 AM
Eagles Fan 4 Lyfe

Originally posted by eric93SE
Ummm definitly dont connector them to fire together, the car will definitly run like ****.

If you had the fsm it would have been easier to understand.

The injectors are negativley triggered. That means they always have a positive supply, meaning that white wire is positive and is always alive. That white wire needs to feed the positive terminal on all three injectors. The other three wires are the negative triggers (the wire that pulses the injector). You need to make sure that they go to the proper injector to make sure they can fire in the correct sequence.
I have an FSM which is why I was confused on what the hell was going on with the new harness. I thought I had the wrong part which is why I went to Nissan but the part # was correct. Thanks for the help
Old 10-13-2002, 03:29 PM

Heh, nothing is more maddening than when instruction does not match reality! Unfortunately it happened more often than I'd like!