3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Keyless entry

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2002, 08:02 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Keyless entry

I was wondering about the keyless entry control box. I bought my car used so i dont know what the code is for it. I read another thread that told about the number being on the box. Which number is it? My box has three on it. And each of them has a mix of letters eitrher at the beginning or the end of the numbers. Plus there is an area that had a piece of paper on it but has long since been ripped off. Could that ripped of paper have bee nthe keyless entry code?
Old 10-27-2002, 08:29 PM

I'm not sure what "box" your refering to, but there should be ONE master code located under the passanger side dashboard. Get a flashlight and a friend and read it outloud. Then enter it in the keypad, it will beep at you a few times, then enter in your 4-7 digit code that you will like. It will either accept it or reject it.

Mike S.
Old 10-27-2002, 08:33 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

search more

Originally posted by ISayCrikey
I was wondering about the keyless entry control box. I bought my car used so i dont know what the code is for it. I read another thread that told about the number being on the box. Which number is it? My box has three on it. And each of them has a mix of letters eitrher at the beginning or the end of the numbers. Plus there is an area that had a piece of paper on it but has long since been ripped off. Could that ripped of paper have bee nthe keyless entry code?
yeah, there are 3 numbers, I believe the middle one has a S and then just numbers after it and that's your code

search for more info
Old 10-27-2002, 08:36 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Re: search more

Originally posted by «§»Craig B«§»

yeah, there are 3 numbers, I believe the middle one has a S and then just numbers after it and that's your code

search for more info
thanks i'll try that tomorrow
Old 10-27-2002, 09:43 PM

hmmm i sorta remember the S number to be the last one of the three numbers...but i may be wrong.

the master code has the F# written before it. thats the one...just punch in the numbers after the "S" and when the beep sounds, punch in your new code. The beep will sound for 6 seconds and u have to type in the new code during those 6 seconds.

you will hear rapid beeping after the 6 second beep if your new code was set successfully. hope that helps.
Old 10-28-2002, 09:47 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally posted by drstillpatient
hmmm i sorta remember the S number to be the last one of the three numbers...but i may be wrong.

the master code has the F# written before it. thats the one...just punch in the numbers after the "S" and when the beep sounds, punch in your new code. The beep will sound for 6 seconds and u have to type in the new code during those 6 seconds.

you will hear rapid beeping after the 6 second beep if your new code was set successfully. hope that helps.
Thanks everyone it worked!