3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

The Mystery Spoiler: Identification

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2002, 11:55 AM

The Mystery Spoiler: Identification

Okay, so my 94 Maxima SE has an aftermarket spoiler on it. It looks EXACTLY the same as the stock 3rd gen. spoiler, except that it is not rubber, and it has LED lights. The lights are dead and I need to replace them, but I cannot find any replacements. The lights look like they are on a circuit board, so i would probably need to buy a whole new set. Anyways, I can't find anything to replace it, so I was hoping someone would recognize the description and send me in the right direction. I can't get any photos up right now, so I hope this will do. The spoiler is screwed in at 4 places - the same four spots as the stock. Like I said, the only difference is the lights. The light piece is just as long as the stock lamp piece, but it attaches underneath the spoiler and there is space underneath it. I'm almost positive that it's not stillen because, from comparing it to the one on stillen's website, stillen's lights are longer and attach on the outside, not underneath. Any help would be great! Thanks!
Old 11-06-2002, 12:51 PM

yeah it might be the one from wings west. You can go right to wingswest or go to custommaxima.com and Greg has pics of their wings.
Old 11-06-2002, 03:28 PM

The lights are 9" long. The Wings West one that I saw had a 25" long LED fixture. I'll never figure it out!!
Old 11-06-2002, 03:35 PM
OG Maxima.org Member

How soon can you get a pic up? That'd give us a better reference. Have you looked at the ones they have for Maximas here??
Old 11-06-2002, 05:52 PM

that sucks

disasemble it, see if you can see any brand names on it. also how long have you had it? if it was from a long time ago, it might not be made. w/e u prolly know
Old 11-07-2002, 05:20 AM

Re: The Mystery Spoiler: Identification

Originally posted by MightyMax13
Okay, so my 94 Maxima SE has an aftermarket spoiler on it. It looks EXACTLY the same as the stock 3rd gen. spoiler, except that it is not rubber, and it has LED lights. The lights are dead and I need to replace them, but I cannot find any replacements. The lights look like they are on a circuit board, so i would probably need to buy a whole new set. Anyways, I can't find anything to replace it, so I was hoping someone would recognize the description and send me in the right direction. I can't get any photos up right now, so I hope this will do. The spoiler is screwed in at 4 places - the same four spots as the stock. Like I said, the only difference is the lights. The light piece is just as long as the stock lamp piece, but it attaches underneath the spoiler and there is space underneath it. I'm almost positive that it's not stillen because, from comparing it to the one on stillen's website, stillen's lights are longer and attach on the outside, not underneath. Any help would be great! Thanks!
e-mail me the pics and I'll find it for you...