3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

What's the dummest/regretful thing you've ever...

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2002, 08:51 AM
blackonblack

What's the dummest/regretful thing you've ever...

done to your maxima(s)?

I installed a 20 amp fuse in a 15 amp slot (fog fuse), thinking it would keep from blowing ever again. Well - It didn't blow ever again, but it did fry the entire harness and dash board wiring. Cost of repairs $3000 from Nissan. Yes worth more than the 89 car, but I figured, I couldn't get rid of the car, especially in non-working conditions, for more than $500.

Messing around with the BOSS Stereo, took the dash board apart, and lost the spring which holds in place the wire that works the open and close fresh air vent... replaced the spring with duct tape.

In 1997, drove my 87 through the flodding that usually occurs in FDR drive during a slow but steady rain. The car got flodded with east river water... engine was... well... done. I ended up giving it away to a mechanic I owed money to.

Old 12-04-2002, 09:27 AM

About a week after I got my car, some friends from work wanted to see my car, so being the nice guy I am, I drive the car to work. I bought the car with a bad transmission in it, so just driving it was a stupid idea. Anyway, they all wanted me to do a burnout in the lot. So, I put the e-brake on, let out the clutch and start smoking throught first gear. I get up to redline, and shift into second. At the top of third gear, I start melting the asphalt. I shift into fourth, that's right, fourth gear! Then into fifth. The speedo is reading about 140 now. So I stop the burnout and pull a few feet away. I notice smoke from under my hood and a really awful smell. Eventually I figured I smoked the clutch in fourth and fifth gears! It was all good though! I was gonna replace the tranny that week along with the clutch, so it didn't really cost me anything extra. Stupidest thing I ever did!
Old 12-04-2002, 01:19 PM

wow .. thats a bad a$$ burn-out!

stupidest thing(s) i ever done.... were can i start, hummm...
-painted the tails, i dont like them anymore but ppl still tell me there great lookin
-painted the interior (ALOT OF IT),BLUE wtf is wrong with me.
- a summer-time of auto burnouts, leaving my tranny low on ATF so it almost nuked it self before i relized how low it is... now i have to let my car warm up about 10 min from a cold start before i drive it anyplace.
-welded on a ractive muffler! looks good, but now i know i should of saved up for full exaust.(100 bucks down the drain)

best-thing i have ever done was buy a maxima.... thats odd hu...? how the hell...? im nuts.

good subject
Old 12-04-2002, 01:38 PM
Pusssseeeehhhh

Nothing beats mistakes...
Old 12-04-2002, 01:57 PM

Letting my ex-gf drive it (While we were still together)
She destroyed my brand new tire and rim, I had to buy a new rim and two new tires because of it...
Old 12-04-2002, 02:46 PM

My wife tried to race an SS Camaro in our 92SE with intake.

On a side note:

I was at the street races in Seattle a long time ago (watching) and this dude pulls up in a 92 Accord. He starts revving at everyone, bouncing off the rev limiter, and making a whole bunch of noise. Well, he stops, pulls his e-brake, revs up and pops the clutch. The Accord starts to burn out, then shudder, and then massive wheel hop. His DC Sports intake FALLS OFF, he runs it over and spits it out the back of his car. The dude was so embarassed he just took off.
Old 12-04-2002, 08:16 PM
STFU n00b!

you mean a camaro SS like this one?

Old 12-04-2002, 09:11 PM
Pusssseeeehhhh

Originally posted by Matt93SE

BTW nice time matt
Old 12-04-2002, 09:38 PM

Re: What's the dummest/regretful thing you've ever...

Originally posted by blackonblack
done to your maxima(s)?

I installed a 20 amp fuse in a 15 amp slot (fog fuse), thinking it would keep from blowing ever again. Well - It didn't blow ever again, but it did fry the entire harness and dash board wiring. Cost of repairs $3000 from Nissan. Yes worth more than the 89 car, but I figured, I couldn't get rid of the car, especially in non-working conditions, for more than $500.

Messing around with the BOSS Stereo, took the dash board apart, and lost the spring which holds in place the wire that works the open and close fresh air vent... replaced the spring with duct tape.

In 1997, drove my 87 through the flodding that usually occurs in FDR drive during a slow but steady rain. The car got flodded with east river water... engine was... well... done. I ended up giving it away to a mechanic I owed money to.
first time driving
I wonder why I have a (!) emitting light.....
oh well I guess I'll figure it out when I look at my manual at home
Old 12-05-2002, 06:19 AM

Originally posted by Matt93SE

Looks like the SS spun all the way through first to me...

Regardless, great time in your Max!
Old 12-05-2002, 06:43 AM

wow both their reaction times really sucked!yours on the other hand were pretty good! awesome job matt
Old 12-05-2002, 08:36 AM

Hey Matt, what's your best 60' time? Also, do you get a lot of wheel hop? If so, how do you stop it, I've heard lowering springs will help. Also, can you post a list of your mods...I'm hoping for times like yours by summer. Thanks Matt!

Brian
Old 12-05-2002, 09:19 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

1) Well, I know it's been having trouble starting. Hmm, started fine just now, guess I can drive that 50 miles up to Oregon State to visit some people. What's that brain? No I don't need the number of the towing company. (I did) Ended up just fixing the car there because the company there wanted an outrageous amount to tow the car back to town. That was my MAF sensor.

2) This guy was riding my *** while I was in the slow lane. I got really mad and slammed on my brakes. He almost rammed me, then got really ****ed. Next thing I know I have a honda full of drunk ricers in the lane next to me matching my speed and trying to force me off the road. After barely making it to the next exit they cut across both lanes, passed me on the shoulder of the offramp, and pulled across both turn lanes at the end of the ramp. They then proceeded to (I sh*t you not) get out of the car with baseball bats. I made a detour off the road and through a field to get the hell away from them, watched them drive BACK UP the offramp, and called the cops. Needless to say: I drive defensively now.
Old 12-05-2002, 09:37 PM

Originally posted by Spipedong90
2) This guy was riding my *** while I was in the slow lane. I got really mad and slammed on my brakes. He almost rammed me, then got really ****ed. Next thing I know I have a honda full of drunk ricers in the lane next to me matching my speed and trying to force me off the road. After barely making it to the next exit they cut across both lanes, passed me on the shoulder of the offramp, and pulled across both turn lanes at the end of the ramp. They then proceeded to (I sh*t you not) get out of the car with baseball bats. I made a detour off the road and through a field to get the hell away from them, watched them drive BACK UP the offramp, and called the cops. Needless to say: I drive defensively now.
first I'd just go slow, real slow to really **** him off, then speed up when he tries to pass.
second as for the honda I'd go "HONDA!!!!!!! WOoO pft" and leave them in my special driving skillz

you did the right thing for leaving, tho I'd be real tempted to have gotten my hockey sticks out of my trunk
Old 12-05-2002, 11:13 PM

painted my dash a color changing paint, i finally got some brains painted black and put a brushed aluminum kit on.
Old 12-06-2002, 10:11 PM

1) Well, I know it's been having trouble starting. Hmm, started fine just now, guess I can drive that 50 miles up to Oregon State to visit some people. What's that brain? No I don't need the number of the towing company. (I did) Ended up just fixing the car there because the company there wanted an outrageous amount to tow the car back to town. That was my MAF sensor.

NOW thats comedy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-07-2002, 10:58 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Sigh.
It wasn't funny when it was happening, thats for sure.

Originally posted by maxdout92se

NOW thats comedy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-07-2002, 09:16 PM

sheesh..says something about youth these days....it makes me embarrased that I am put into the classifaction along with those immature, irresponsible, violent bumpkins.
Old 12-07-2002, 11:34 PM

Originally posted by Masamune

sheesh..says something about youth these days....it makes me embarrased that I am put into the classifaction along with those immature, irresponsible, violent bumpkins.
happens when the one-eye serpant isn't happy
Old 12-08-2002, 12:02 AM

Originally posted by Aphrodisiac

happens when the one-eye serpant isn't happy
lol..

the most thing i regret is paying 5,500 for it last year.
also getting into an accident
Old 12-08-2002, 09:11 AM

selling it

hehehe but i drove a VG5spd when i was home, and THANK GOD i never bought one of those!
Old 12-09-2002, 06:22 AM

Dumbest thing is...

The dumbest thing ive done is total out my max by going over the top of a hill into a tree!!! oops!!!

Kinda Long but funny

Oh yeah funny story.

I was delivering pizzas last summer, I made a turn onto a street and there was aa car turning left so I start going around his right but the he decides to slam on his brakes, I almost hit his punk a$$ but weaved around him. Then I notice that he is trying to chase me. So I took off up to like 80 on this road. well yeah I mashed on him adn started to slow down because of a car in front of me. He comes flying up and turns on his brights so I take off arounds this car full of girls (had to check them out) left him again and and got onto the freeway.

I was doing over a 100 so I slow down and he comes flying up and cuts me off so im like phuk this dude we get to a stop light and he gets out of his car and tries opening my driver side door and I get out, I was kind of embarressed when the automatic seatbelt knocked off my hat yet I wanted to laugh he tried to get into my face but I guess in cars you cant see how big other people are, but he came up to like my chin and probably weighed like 150. But he tried yelling at me saying that I was trying to pass him on his left when he was taking a left. I called him stupid for even saying that. Then he said and while my girlfriends in the car. I look into the car and back at him and laughed. Then he like starts being all cool with me and then we just left. And we were still in the middle of the freeway intersection at a stop light with cars behind us.

Before leaving I should have said by the way your car is slow!!!
Old 12-09-2002, 05:24 PM

Re: Dumbest thing is...

[QUOTE]Originally posted by xkidrt
I get out, I was kind of embarressed when the automatic seatbelt knocked off my hat QUOTE]

^
|
|
|
|

Damn that is one of the funniest things that I have heard in a while...

I crack up everytime someone gets out of my car and gets their glasses slapped off their face by my auto seatbelt...

On a side note...

why does this dude look madd shady? --->
Old 12-09-2002, 06:00 PM

Re: Re: Dumbest thing is...

Originally posted by veejayes

On a side note...

why does this dude look madd shady? ---> [/B]
Thats the Hood Santa!!