3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Now im having battery problems

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2003, 06:06 PM

Now im having battery problems

I have a new battery and my altenator is not going. But i have to charge my battery every night so my car does not die on me. It seems if i leave it sitting for a white something drains it. I have checked almost everything. I am lost!!!! Please Help!!!!!
Old 01-17-2003, 07:19 PM

Re: Now im having battery problems

Originally posted by BurgandyMAX
I have a new battery and my altenator is not going. But i have to charge my battery every night so my car does not die on me. It seems if i leave it sitting for a white something drains it. I have checked almost everything. I am lost!!!! Please Help!!!!!

have you tried a different battery? does sound like a drain but you never know...
Old 01-17-2003, 08:15 PM

Re: Re: Now im having battery problems

Originally posted by lophix

have you tried a different battery? does sound like a drain but you never know...
]
Yea changed battaries Twice!
Old 01-17-2003, 08:27 PM

Try tightening down your connections, I kinda had the same problems only my stuff would flicker on and off? And it kept restarting everything!! Hope this helps!!
Old 01-17-2003, 08:40 PM

Originally posted by MaximaBalla
Try tightening down your connections, I kinda had the same problems only my stuff would flicker on and off? And it kept restarting everything!! Hope this helps!!
Yea i tried that too, the problem started when i tried to hook up some lights to my cornering lights, but i ended up not hooking them up, now my battery just drains itself. If it isnt driven everyday or started every other day for about 4 months could this be a cause?
Old 01-18-2003, 08:16 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by BurgandyMAX

Yea i tried that too, the problem started when i tried to hook up some lights to my cornering lights, but i ended up not hooking them up, now my battery just drains itself. If it isnt driven everyday or started every other day for about 4 months could this be a cause?
Sounds like you have a high resistance short. Check out the wires you were working with when you were trying to hook up the other lights. I would also have my alternator checked, a short or a partial short in the Diode(s) will also cause the problem you described. Most car parts stores will do this for free! Hope this helps.
Old 01-18-2003, 03:19 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

battery

What is your voltage reading when the engine is on. You might have a bad alternator. If the battery is good, the alternator should charge up your battery. If the alternator is bad, the battery is not getting recharged.
Old 01-18-2003, 04:10 PM

Originally posted by karguy

Sounds like you have a high resistance short. Check out the wires you were working with when you were trying to hook up the other lights. I would also have my alternator checked, a short or a partial short in the Diode(s) will also cause the problem you described. Most car parts stores will do this for free! Hope this helps.
yeah i think it must be the wires you were working with too....probably a bare wire touching something else or wired wrong. pull out all the wires you were working with and observe...