3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

VG knock sensor problems

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2003, 08:43 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

VG knock sensor problems

Ok so I am a 17 year old who got this Maxima kinda second hand in **** poor condition. Have managed to replace two injectors, y-pipe, cleaned tb, o2 sensor, etc etc. So after all this I find my MPG is still crap. So I check the ECU for codes and find that it lists the knock sensor. So I order one from a local place thinking I could put it in easily. Well I get the part but didnt have the time to put it in for a bit. couple months later I got to try and put it in. Btw it seems this sensor is only mentioned like once in Haynes. So I end up finding where it is and pull it out. (under rear manifold). Well I compare it to my new one and it seems the company sent me the wrong one. I am looking to sell this one since I am out 120 bucks and still need a knock sensor so I can get decent gas mileage.

The part number is 22060-56S00 which I have searched around and cant seem to find anywhere. What is the part number for a VG knock sensor anyways. I have searched btw only really info for the VE. (wishes he had one)
Old 02-03-2003, 05:29 AM
Dallas Nissan Enthusiast

I asked this same thing a few weeks back

but If understand it correctly we dont have a knock sensor on vg's I found that I had carbon build up that was causing me to lose power ,so I ran some of the carbon cleaner I found at the local autozone and that fixed my knock-sensor like problems right up
Old 02-03-2003, 07:14 AM

VGs DO have a knock sensor also and it's under the rear manifold like Intel said

Intel-
I'm not sure the part number or what your part is, but if you call a Nissan dealer, I'm sure they can figure it out
Old 02-04-2003, 10:56 AM

Thanks I might do a little writeup on how to do this with my digital camera since I had a hard time finding it.

Any ideas on how to clean up the wiring harness to the sensor since I am guessing Chicagos salty roads have screwed that up also.
Old 02-04-2003, 11:10 AM

Originally posted by Intel
Thanks I might do a little writeup on how to do this with my digital camera since I had a hard time finding it.

Any ideas on how to clean up the wiring harness to the sensor since I am guessing Chicagos salty roads have screwed that up also.
I am not sure what the dealer charges. However, wwww.rockauto.com has one for $85.
Old 02-04-2003, 03:28 PM
Dallas Nissan Enthusiast

thats funny (craig)

when i asked this question you didnt answer, so i was thinking you just didnt know .LOL o well I guess Im the blacksheep around here
Old 02-04-2003, 04:48 PM

Re: thats funny (craig)

Originally posted by darrick
when i asked this question you didnt answer, so i was thinking you just didnt know .LOL o well I guess Im the blacksheep around here
Sorry if I didn't help you out before; sometimes I dont have the time to answer all the posts and emails in depth. Also, I just found out about the knock sensor thing on chiltons online site (http://www.cybrrpartspro.com/chilton...oot/index.html) and I didn't want intel to get the wrong idea. Just because I may not have answered doesn't mean that it doesn't exist.