3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

get rid of the undertone paint?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2003, 09:01 PM
Banned

get rid of the undertone paint?

i have a blue undertone color on my white max. i want to make it all white and want to get rid of the blue two tone part. can anyone who has done this tell me about how much it costs?
Old 02-02-2003, 10:05 PM
Eagles Fan 4 Lyfe

you mean the bottom trim around the bumpers and doors? I've done it but I couldn't tell you how much it should cost.

http://maxima.cardomain.com/id/chris91se

You're going to pay mostly for the paint supplies and some labor. Just get some estimates from local shops and use good judgement when deciding on a place to do it.
Old 02-02-2003, 10:27 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Chris91SE
you mean the bottom trim around the bumpers and doors? I've done it but I couldn't tell you how much it should cost.

http://maxima.cardomain.com/id/chris91se

You're going to pay mostly for the paint supplies and some labor. Just get some estimates from local shops and use good judgement when deciding on a place to do it.
i dont belive my idol chris just replied to my post. i have been modeling my car to be exactly like yours. i rate your car every day on the domain. but dont worry im not some kind of psycho. thanks for the reply.
Old 02-02-2003, 10:32 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

You got some brown onn your nose there...
Old 02-02-2003, 10:33 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Dark Lord Bunny
You got some brown onn your nose there...
can you help me get it off? you're probably good at it if i had to guess.
Old 02-02-2003, 10:56 PM
Back in a 3rd Gen.

Originally posted by maximum_mxma89

i dont belive my idol chris just replied to my post. i have been modeling my car to be exactly like yours. i rate your car every day on the domain. but dont worry im not some kind of psycho. thanks for the reply.
uh oh that will make 4 very similar 3rd gens. Chris, Me, D-Sta, and now you. I assume you are getting a full kit and Stillen type 2 wing also...though I think D-Sta is out on the wing now.

Of course only Chris and I will have the UK corners

seriously though find something to set your car apart. Its good to have a car you want to model yours after but you want a little originality in there too. Its hard to do but you just have to add your special touch to it.

Have fun.
Old 02-02-2003, 11:32 PM

can you help me get it off? you're probably good at it if i had to guess.
A little elbow grease and you should be fine...

And last I checked Craig ran around with the UK corners too...
Old 02-03-2003, 04:36 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

and so does LordRandall; I think awsm66 was just talking about the differences between those white maximas
Old 02-03-2003, 07:05 AM
Back in a 3rd Gen.

A little elbow grease and you should be fine...

Like Craig said I was talking about the 4 white maximas I listed and was saying me and Chris were the only ones out of the 4. pay attention

Craigs car is as far from white as you can get lol and Lordrandalls is pearl white.

anyway I was just messing around because Chris and I joke that we are doing such similar things that our cars are going to be twins except for the wheels and motor.
Old 02-03-2003, 07:18 AM

awsm66,
Do you have the complete stillen kit on your car now. I have a white Max too, but I promise to keep it original. I haven't been able to do any exterior work as of yet, I'm trying to fix my jerking and hesitation problem first.
Old 02-03-2003, 07:37 AM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

i rate your car every day on the domain
oh now I know why your car is always so high on the list Chris, lol
Old 02-03-2003, 08:05 AM
Back in a 3rd Gen.

Originally posted by Gjohnson
awsm66,
Do you have the complete stillen kit on your car now. I have a white Max too, but I promise to keep it original. I haven't been able to do any exterior work as of yet, I'm trying to fix my jerking and hesitation problem first.
yes but its not painted. My car is 4 colors because of the repairs I have done. I am getting it painted in a couple months when it warms up. I cant wait until my car is one color again.

CandiMan's car is white with a stillen kit if you want to see what it will look like.

Here is his sig pic-

Hope you dont mind Mike. Look up his user id and go to his homepage for more pics. Its a very nice Max.
Old 02-03-2003, 08:16 AM

Originally posted by awsm66

yes but its not painted. My car is 4 colors because of the repairs I have done. I am getting it painted in a couple months when it warms up. I cant wait until my car is one color again.

CandiMan's car is white with a stillen kit if you want to see what it will look like.

Here is his sig pic-

Hope you dont mind Mike. Look up his user id and go to his homepage for more pics. Its a very nice Max.
Mike: I've made an update on my car plans. Before doing anything to the exterior I want every bolt on performance. I'm getting the flywheel and clutch done in a month or so. Then I'll have to save up for the ECU, when all that is done, then in the summer time I will be getting the same stock wing but fiberglass because the nerf wing gets worse and worse everytime I see it. And hopefully by July I'll be able to put the stillen kit on. Then after that I will be getting rims, but not sub-z's since Chris has them and I want to make my car different from what other people have. So by August I should be done with my mods.

Chris: you have a fan!!!!!!!!
Old 02-03-2003, 08:37 AM
Eagles Fan 4 Lyfe

Originally posted by N34JZ

oh now I know why your car is always so high on the list Chris, lol

Thanks for the compliments
Old 02-03-2003, 08:52 AM
Back in a 3rd Gen.

Originally posted by D-sta

Mike: I've made an update on my car plans. Before doing anything to the exterior I want every bolt on performance. I'm getting the flywheel and clutch done in a month or so. Then I'll have to save up for the ECU, when all that is done, then in the summer time I will be getting the same stock wing but fiberglass because the nerf wing gets worse and worse everytime I see it. And hopefully by July I'll be able to put the stillen kit on. Then after that I will be getting rims, but not sub-z's since Chris has them and I want to make my car different from what other people have. So by August I should be done with my mods.

Chris: you have a fan!!!!!!!!
I understand that feeling but my racing days are over. I just dont have the desire to do it anymore...of course that has more to do with my 2 little girls than anything else except age maybe. I will be doing the CAI and VB mod (if I dont put the 5sp. I have in)

I want to make my car different from what other people have
That is so hard to do considering there are only so many things for our cars looks wise. Thats why I have done the little things like the covers over the bmw lights and the door handle mod I did (well only on 1 for now but will finish the others soon) but heck I may be similar to several cars on here but where I am there isnt anything even close. I have yet to see another 3rd gen lowered around her. I have seen several with wheels (mostly chrome) but none lowered and definately none with a kit, Stillen wing or bmw lights.
Old 02-03-2003, 01:33 PM

Originally posted by «§»Craig B«§»
and so does LordRandall; I think awsm66 was just talking about the differences between those white maximas
Yeah... just noticed that. What cars came with the 2 tone paint job anyways? I haven't seen any but one here in Vegas, and it's butt ugly. It's black with gold on the bottom of the bumpers and the rocker panels.