3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Motor Mounts

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2003, 10:32 PM

Motor Mounts

This isn't a question or anything of the sorts, just an idea I felt I should share because of my dilemna. I have had polyurethane lying in my trunk for the past 3.5 - 4months to fill my mounts with and I never knew these mounts were so freaking hard to find! Brand new, these mounts cost an arm and a couple other body parts....to me at least, hence my decision to look for used ones to use temporarily while I fill mine. Does anybody have a spare set lying around somwhere that you have forgotten about? We cn work it out this way:
I can loan them from you, put them on my car, fill mine up, fill the loaner mounts up and return them back to you and you can either sell them or loan them to someone else with a core price or something. Even if it's from a junkyard around you, you could easily make your money back by loaning them out at 20bucks a bang which imo isnt a bad deal at all. If I had access to a junkyard here in manhattan ks, I wouldnt be posting this at all. (darned dead college towns )If interested, pm me or reply to this thread or the link below:
Mounts

Sorry mods, I just had to get it out and since it concerns 3rd gens I guess it would probably be a common good.
Old 03-05-2003, 10:24 AM

Re: Motor Mounts

anyone??
Old 03-05-2003, 09:04 PM

Re: Re: Motor Mounts

BTW if anybody needs any used/salvaged parts, I'll be going back to the j-yard I went to today in Lincoln, NE and they have 3 maximas there for parts. None of them have engines, but still have some interior parts....no spoilers, 1 maroon hood in pretty good condition. Let me know so I can confirm that they have whatever you need and get them if you want and if it is possible.

Mounts
Old 03-06-2003, 09:47 AM
AET

Motor mounts

Hey man, I'm replacing my mounts this weekend w/ new OEM. The front mount has only a little tear, the back one's probably f**ckd (can't tell until I take it off). My car's a VG 5-speed, so your welcome to borrow them if they'll be of any help to you. Keep in mind that I live in Kentucky, so you might be better off looking for someone a little closer to you (guess you could have them shipped, but expense might defeat the purpose, don't know). Also, when you replace yours, do you drop the cross member, or do you just jack the motor up enough to relieve the pressure on the mounts and remove them? I read a write-up by Matt93SE, and he says its easier just to drop the whole crossmember. Only problem is I'll probably have to find a bigger breaker bar than my buddy's got.
Old 03-06-2003, 09:55 AM

Re: Motor mounts

hey there,
thanks a lot man! all i need are the rear ones while I fill mine up....I'm thinking about having a friend of mine swap them out for me if he has time else I'll jack the motor up. Send me an email when you're done with your mounts. Thanks!!

Originally posted by AET
Hey man, I'm replacing my mounts this weekend w/ new OEM. The front mount has only a little tear, the back one's probably f**ckd (can't tell until I take it off). My car's a VG 5-speed, so your welcome to borrow them if they'll be of any help to you. Keep in mind that I live in Kentucky, so you might be better off looking for someone a little closer to you (guess you could have them shipped, but expense might defeat the purpose, don't know). Also, when you replace yours, do you drop the cross member, or do you just jack the motor up enough to relieve the pressure on the mounts and remove them? I read a write-up by Matt93SE, and he says its easier just to drop the whole crossmember. Only problem is I'll probably have to find a bigger breaker bar than my buddy's got.