3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

My 92 GXE problems

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2003, 03:24 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

My 92 GXE problems

Problem #1

Blower motor (automatic climate control). I know this is a common issue but I haven't heard of one like mine... My blower motor is stuck on. But I can actually change it from 3 to 4. I just can't turn it off or change to 1 and 2. Seems like everyone else with this type of problem has had the motor just stuck on high. But since mine will actuall change, what do I do? Where should I start.

Problem #2

My car started running like there was a spark plug missing. So I changed all my plugs and it was still skipping... So I figured it was my wires and did a test... While the car was running, I pulled each wire off one at a time and when I did the car choked down like expected, except for the plug #1. So I went and got new wires and that didn't help. Even with the new wires, when I removed the wire for plug #1 nothing happens. When I accelerate, it sputters. Any suggestions?

Problem #3

Sometimes when I try to start my car, I have to first move the gear selector (automatic) up. Even though it is in park, I still have to wiggle it a little. I bought a little rubber gasket that installed at the point where the shifter connects to the gear shift rod. This made the gear shift much tighter and like new.. but it didn't fix my problem. I think I may need to adjust the shift linkage... What do y'all think??

Problem #4

All of my panel lights seem to have gone out... at first it was the bulbs to the far right which was is the "mode" and "fan" buttons.. then the ones for the entire climte control and the emegency button went out.... are thes a bunch of individual bulbs? are the easy to get to. I have never taken my dash apart. Does anyone have instructions for doing this?

Any help would be great!!

By the way, I just changed my front struts out which was the first major job that I performed myself on my car. With all the problems, I was ready to push it off a cliff.. but if I can get these problems taken care of.. I'll be ok...
Old 05-21-2003, 05:59 PM

Re: My 92 GXE problems

Problem 2...Sounds like you may have a bad injector. Pull the injector harness and test the injector resistance with an ohm meter. The meter should read between 10 and 14.