3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

supercharger kit

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2003, 04:34 AM

supercharger kit

how much does a supercharger kit for a 3rd gen cost? what kind is best and where could i get it? looking to spend some money this summer...
Old 05-30-2003, 05:31 AM
Eagles Fan 4 Lyfe

doesn't exist
Old 05-30-2003, 07:06 AM

I wish I could answer that
Old 05-30-2003, 09:19 AM

u can probaly get something custom made. there is a guy in cali with a orange max tht is supercharged u should ask him. his name is lpcbigtymer8 i think not sure. look on the cardomain under the 1991 maximas. with the right amount of money u can do anything. u should do turbo instead of supercharger
Old 05-30-2003, 09:44 AM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

please don't beleive that. that guy is fake, he stole that SC pic from "leeit2me"....

Originally posted by MAXMAN91
u can probaly get something custom made. there is a guy in cali with a orange max tht is supercharged u should ask him. his name is lpcbigtymer8 i think not sure. look on the cardomain under the 1991 maximas. with the right amount of money u can do anything. u should do turbo instead of supercharger
Old 05-30-2003, 10:08 AM

HA HA

Seriously, that car is posted under SEVERAL names on cardomain.com. And it's all photochopped anyway. Don't believe anyone who has that car right now!
Old 05-30-2003, 06:17 PM

ok then how much does a turbocharger kit cost? im looking some forced induction and lots of power
Old 05-30-2003, 06:18 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

there is no turbo kit either...who would want a turbo Maxima anyways??
Old 05-30-2003, 06:23 PM
Back in a 3rd Gen.

haha again...it doesnt exist. It can be done and has been done but is a lot of custom stuff or so I have read.
Old 05-30-2003, 07:40 PM

When I went to Maximum Tunning Jefff ask me if I was the guy that was having a turbo charger put in. I couldn't stop drooling.
Old 05-30-2003, 10:14 PM

what does a turbo max run anyway? hmmm...
Old 05-30-2003, 10:49 PM

Originally posted by gottriceguy
what does a turbo max run anyway? hmmm...
Gas?
Old 06-01-2003, 12:16 AM

1/4
Old 06-01-2003, 06:45 AM

damn, well, i looking for ways to make my car faster... how much does a lightened flywheel and pullys help?
Old 06-01-2003, 06:48 AM

I first installed a UDP on my car and it was great after I reseted the ECU I felt a big difference. The I installed a lightened flywheel and damn it made a huge difference. I eat up first gear like nothing but I guess thats because my ACT clutch grabs really well.
Old 06-01-2003, 08:26 AM

how do you reset the ecu? are ACT clutches the ones that kill trannys or is that exedy?
Old 06-01-2003, 09:03 AM

To reset the ECU, what I do is disconnect the battery for 24 hrs...that should do it. ACT is the clutch that supposedly kills the tranny but I have it and haven't had a problem so far.
Old 06-01-2003, 09:51 AM

should i have reset the ecu after avancing my timing to 20 degrees?
Old 06-01-2003, 04:09 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Every thing is custom just because aq turbo and a supercharger doesnt come in akit to buy from any body doesn't mean you can buy a turbo and have it custom put in by mechanic who specialize in turbo and supercharging and performance work i know of two yes supercharged ve in thenew york aera i know on was a 93 se with 180,00 miles supercharged and it was stolen on flat bed in brooklyn the superchsrged was purchased and install in some shop in brooklyn . and the place no longer exists the car was one of one. Also my boy cuzin has a ve super charged put ing 350 fwhp .
Old 06-01-2003, 04:35 PM
Eagles Fan 4 Lyfe

if he's your boy's cousin then i'm sure you could get pics and a copy of the dyno
Old 06-01-2003, 04:52 PM

Originally posted by bgcease92
Also my boy cuzin has a ve super charged put ing 350 fwhp .
pictures or timeslips or dyno results please
Old 06-01-2003, 06:17 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

I've been waiting to use this-->

Every thing is custom just because aq turbo and a supercharger doesnt come in akit to buy from any body doesn't mean you can buy a turbo and have it custom put in by mechanic who specialize in turbo and supercharging and performance work i know of two yes supercharged ve in thenew york aera i know on was a 93 se with 180,00 miles supercharged and it was stolen on flat bed in brooklyn the superchsrged was purchased and install in some shop in brooklyn . and the place no longer exists the car was one of one. Also my boy cuzin has a ve super charged put ing 350 fwhp .
Old 06-01-2003, 06:53 PM

I'm not saying you're a lier but your boys in brooklyn seem to have everything a VE person would want. Now you claim your boys cousin has a supercharged VE, please post pics. I live in Queens and I have no problem to drive and see this in person.
Old 06-01-2003, 09:02 PM

Alright don't get me wrong i not seen the car myself but i been told by a my boy who are older who use to mx-6 and maximas told me that his cousin has one super charged and not a vg but a ve and that the amount money that was put into that project was a bad choice because his cousin spen alot money to produce not the horsepower expected to gain with such a large expense. My boy's name is big Will he said to in these exact words "little horsepower all that custom work and time money. I replied how much exactly cuz i said already knew somebody who works at Total perfomance on norstrand and Ave U who owned a supercharged Ve with 188,000 miles on bought his completely built for bteween 3-4 thousand for some shop i don't know where. his car was Flat bedded stolen in front of his last year around september. Let me also explain that in brooklyn because of high competition and jealousy people over don't tell everyone their cars have owrk in them because of fear of them being stolen. There alot of cars down here you wouldn't look at twice but if you pop the hood you would see things that would make your heart . Know one i know in brooklyn would take pictures of thier cars with that much work because of theft and vadelisim they only way people keep their cars i only driving at night or parking it securely in a garage. As for a dyno unlike anywhere else there is not a open dyno for people to go and have the cars ran i wish there was one my boy just bought a cressida with a supra motor and has alot work under the hood a wants to run car to see the hp but we can't find one that close. i don't know about you guys but if you don't believe me you don't have to but that the story everyone who comes to linden races or flatlands knows word of mouth and seeing a car pull tells its own stories. These stories are passed to others their always going people who want to see to believe but will never get the oppurtinity to see and become skeptics believe it or not but take as it is. They are plenty of intresting in brooklyn and alot of them come to the races
Old 06-01-2003, 09:13 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

...Part II
Old 06-01-2003, 09:22 PM

someones gonna blow a fuse. This time it ain't me
Old 06-02-2003, 10:49 AM

I just think it would be nice to see pictures of the supercharged VE's. If you can get them great if you can't then whatever.

Alright don't get me wrong i not seen the car myself but i been told by a my boy who are older who use to mx-6 and maximas told me that his cousin has one super charged and not a vg but a ve and that the amount money that was put into that project was a bad choice because his cousin spen alot money to produce not the horsepower expected to gain with such a large expense. My boy's name is big Will he said to in these exact words "little horsepower all that custom work and time money. I replied how much exactly cuz i said already knew somebody who works at Total perfomance on norstrand and Ave U who owned a supercharged Ve with 188,000 miles on bought his completely built for bteween 3-4 thousand for some shop i don't know where. his car was Flat bedded stolen in front of his last year around september. Let me also explain that in brooklyn because of high competition and jealousy people over don't tell everyone their cars have owrk in them because of fear of them being stolen. There alot of cars down here you wouldn't look at twice but if you pop the hood you would see things that would make your heart . Know one i know in brooklyn would take pictures of thier cars with that much work because of theft and vadelisim they only way people keep their cars i only driving at night or parking it securely in a garage. As for a dyno unlike anywhere else there is not a open dyno for people to go and have the cars ran i wish there was one my boy just bought a cressida with a supra motor and has alot work under the hood a wants to run car to see the hp but we can't find one that close. i don't know about you guys but if you don't believe me you don't have to but that the story everyone who comes to linden races or flatlands knows word of mouth and seeing a car pull tells its own stories. These stories are passed to others their always going people who want to see to believe but will never get the oppurtinity to see and become skeptics believe it or not but take as it is. They are plenty of intresting in brooklyn and alot of them come to the races
Old 06-02-2003, 01:24 PM

yup, im definetely guna get hated but, theoretically, would the superchargers for 4th gens fit on a VE. with maybe a little custom work, or just NO?? just askin
Old 06-02-2003, 07:44 PM

i wish i could show guys pictures but i cant damn make me look as if i am lying but i am not catz out here in bk got turbo charged cressidas, 2001 diamantes, twin turbo sc300s and turbo and some supercharged camry for crist sake i not un common to to here about forced induction maximas which are 3rd gens and not vg but ve's
Old 06-03-2003, 07:59 AM

i wish i could show guys pictures but i cant damn make me look as if i am lying but i am not catz out here in bk got turbo charged cressidas, 2001 diamantes, twin turbo sc300s and turbo and some supercharged camry for crist sake i not un common to to here about forced induction maximas which are 3rd gens and not vg but ve's
the only thing that makes me question you about the VEs is the fact that not one of those people are on this forum. this forum is pretty big and word gets around alot so chances are at least one of these guys would hear about it. just my opinion.
Old 06-03-2003, 08:52 AM

Originally posted by MaDMaX024

the only thing that makes me question you about the VEs is the fact that not one of those people are on this forum. this forum is pretty big and word gets around alot so chances are at least one of these guys would hear about it. just my opinion.
Thats what I was thinking also.
Old 06-03-2003, 09:18 AM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

STOPPPP!!! I'M DROWING IN THE AMOUNT OF BS YOU'RE SPEWING OUT!!!!

if he knows "little power" then show us how little...if i spent huge amount of $ on forced induction or some custom stuff i would want a dyno chart to know how much i'm pulling or not pulling.

turbo toyotas are different from turbo maximas. cressida can run the late 80s early 90s supra engine with turbo. SC300 can run last model supra inline 6. camry comes SC from TRD.
Old 06-03-2003, 11:05 AM

Sorry bgcease but I'm going to have to raise the flag, hopefully you'll prove us wrong but......

Old 06-03-2003, 11:40 AM

BGCEASE92 I feel for you. Anyone that knows anyone that goes to the Flatlands knows that those guys have to keep everything on the DL. NO way is someone going to want to have dyno times posted on a site none the less a picture. If you still have contacts with them see if maybe you could get your max turbo'd or supercharged or better yet my Max.
Old 06-03-2003, 12:08 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

yet and still... :
Old 06-03-2003, 01:46 PM

yo danny watch how you talk to cuase aint no nerd or computer freak and you don'y know mew and you don't know who i know i am only commenting on things heard not from the maxima furoms but what the streets are saying i didn't i own one so how the **** a supose to get pics hide and come out ant night take them . I only responding the original post and want i put was for the origanol person who posted it if you don't like what you are hearing don't talk **** and don't read the post .**** you talking real ganster and you better change your tone have some respect and if we were face to face i'll bet you would pop that fly **** you hear. I respect everyone opinions and read others stories and i reply with questions and coments i know the person couldn't produce. I said i put in my two cents from what i heard alright so take or leave don't try to play me cuz i ain't the one. PEACE
Old 06-03-2003, 01:49 PM

do we have spell check on the forums?
Old 06-03-2003, 02:19 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

on the way home today I saw a billboard, it said.....

:
Old 06-03-2003, 02:25 PM

alright , what ever you guys will never know what i know or who i know so call it bs if you want but you never really know if it was true or not.
Old 06-03-2003, 04:30 PM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

yo danny watch how you talk to cuase aint no nerd or computer freak and you don'y know mew and you don't know who i know i am only commenting on things heard not from the maxima furoms but what the streets are saying i didn't i own one so how the **** a supose to get pics hide and come out ant night take them . I only responding the original post and want i put was for the origanol person who posted it if you don't like what you are hearing don't talk **** and don't read the post .**** you talking real ganster and you better change your tone have some respect and if we were face to face i'll bet you would pop that fly **** you hear. I respect everyone opinions and read others stories and i reply with questions and coments i know the person couldn't produce. I said i put in my two cents from what i heard alright so take or leave don't try to play me cuz i ain't the one. PEACE
pleaseeeeee...let me know when you want to meet up.

u saw it with your eyes?...so tell me something..what brand of SC is it? how is it mounted? how is oil line fed? how much boost is it cranking? what did he do w/ the alternator and accessories?

you fail to mention ANY detail on it. shut me up by telling me some info i'm not even asking for a pic at this point...just give me details. you fail to even describe it and you talk like it's the best thing since slice bread.

if i told u that i have a porsche 911 turbo boosting 50psi, a mercedes CL600 running twin turbos and a yugo running on nitrous and turbo would you believe me? i mean c'mon you have to give me respect right?

do you believe everything you hear?

also when did i say anything remotely "ganster"?? everything i type here is in proper english and spelled correctly...can't say that about your post "ganster".

go ahead tough guy try me.

Quick Reply: supercharger kit