3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Anybody else ordered Brembo rotors?

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2003, 06:44 PM
Tom

Anybody else ordered Brembo rotors?

I was surprised, myself but it really did happen.

I ordered brembo replacement rotors from the TireRack last week. I got them today. The first rotor looked fine. When I looked at the other rotor, I was disappointed to find it defective.

On the edge of one rotor, it looked like the factory had carelessly machined off a small edge of the vented portion of the rotor to a depth of 1/8".

(Imagine looking at a flat tire and the edge that was machined off was the flat part of the tire - not that extreme in shape, but you get the idea)

Anyway, the TireRack folks were real courteous and they said they'll send me a new rotor tomorrow and UPS will come pick up the bad rotor in 3-6 days.

Since I ordered the rest of the brake parts from Courtesy Nissan and won't get them until Thursday, it won't change my plans, but still, it stinks.

Anybody else have this kind of experience?
Old 06-10-2003, 11:45 AM

Re: Anybody else ordered Brembo rotors?

Originally posted by Tom
I was surprised, myself but it really did happen.

I ordered brembo replacement rotors from the TireRack last week. I got them today. The first rotor looked fine. When I looked at the other rotor, I was disappointed to find it defective.

On the edge of one rotor, it looked like the factory had carelessly machined off a small edge of the vented portion of the rotor to a depth of 1/8".

(Imagine looking at a flat tire and the edge that was machined off was the flat part of the tire - not that extreme in shape, but you get the idea)

Anyway, the TireRack folks were real courteous and they said they'll send me a new rotor tomorrow and UPS will come pick up the bad rotor in 3-6 days.

Since I ordered the rest of the brake parts from Courtesy Nissan and won't get them until Thursday, it won't change my plans, but still, it stinks.

Anybody else have this kind of experience?
i got them from the great deal forum. havent come in yet. everyone else on the forun was really happy about it though