3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

keyless entry with the 93 Passive alarm

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2003, 11:44 AM
AC93SE

keyless entry with the 93 Passive alarm

I recently had a keyless entry system installed on my 93 SE. Every so often when I unlock the car with the keyless entry, the passive alarm that is connected to the key locks is set off. I called the technicians who installed my keyless entry, and they told me there was nothing they could do: the passive alarm is integrated into the electrical system and cannot be disabled. Does anyone know if this is true? My Nissan dealership would not install keyless entry for me, so I doubt they would be any help in this respect.

Also, the installers disabled my horn when they installed the keyless entry. Should I bring the car back to them or is there an easier way to get the horn fixed?

Thanks,

Andrew

Old 07-01-2003, 10:38 AM
AC93SE

bump

Old 07-01-2003, 02:01 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Apparently, the so called "installers" don't know what they are doing. All you really need is a relay. The relay should be connected so that when you open or close your car with the keyless entry, it arms or disarms the factory alarm. I believe the factory has a wire for "arm" and "disarm". I did it on my car and it works.
Old 07-02-2003, 01:03 PM
A92se?

Re: keyless entry with the 93 Passive alarm

Originally posted by AC93SE
I recently had a keyless entry system installed on my 93 SE. Every so often when I unlock the car with the keyless entry, the passive alarm that is connected to the key locks is set off. I called the technicians who installed my keyless entry, and they told me there was nothing they could do: the passive alarm is integrated into the electrical system and cannot be disabled. Does anyone know if this is true? My Nissan dealership would not install keyless entry for me, so I doubt they would be any help in this respect.

Also, the installers disabled my horn when they installed the keyless entry. Should I bring the car back to them or is there an easier way to get the horn fixed?

Thanks,

Andrew
I have this problem on a 92 se. I thought it was really annoying at first, but now I think of it as extra security. I feel the same way about the broken trunk latch. It may have saved my car and several possesions from being taken a few weeks ago.