3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Training wheels almost fit on my max and look sweet

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2003, 06:42 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Training wheels almost fit on my max and look sweet

I don't know where the hell some of you get your taste but just because the E36 headlights come from a BMW and almost fit our cars that does not mean it looks good. I've seen it look good on one car and on everyone elses car it looks terrible, sometimes i wonder if some of you even look at your cars. I have seen some nice maximas turn to crap because you guys think that just because they come from a bmw that it justifies them looking like **** and not fitting. I'll hand some credit to whoever first came up with it, but the rest of you I'm sorry but your cars look terrible. some of you need to come up with own ideas. Am I the only one who thinks these look bad? If some of you really think it looks good I'm sorry to have upset you, i'm just tired of everyone else doing it because they want to tell people they're car is part BMW.
Old 08-22-2003, 06:57 PM

Well you know what, this just ****es me off, I mean cmon, I was expecting to see a maxima on training wheels. Then I didnt see a picture so I figured there would be a somewhat entertaining story behind it, after the 2nd sentence lost almost all hope of hearing about training wheels. Since then I read, no wait, I skimmed threw the rest of your post to find not one single occurance of the words "training" or "wheels" (or "train" or "wheel" at that).

Sometimes its not only about looks you know.... I mean sometimes people do things that serve a purpose. In this case, the purpose would be better beam patterns and possiably a higher light output.

Now may I ask what next weeks rant about Front Strut Tower Bars and how everyone has one, will be called? I dont want to miss it.

MrGone
Old 08-22-2003, 07:54 PM

Honestly, I could care less about what you think of the headlights on my car.

See, that's the thing. I put stuff on my car to please ME, not you or anyone else. Some of us need to come up with our own ideas? Post pics of your car, then we can decide whether or not you are worthy of even stating something like that.
Old 08-22-2003, 08:04 PM

Originally posted by MrGone
Well you know what, this just ****es me off, I mean cmon, I was expecting to see a maxima on training wheels. Then I didnt see a picture so I figured there would be a somewhat entertaining story behind it, after the 2nd sentence lost almost all hope of hearing about training wheels.

i was really looking forward to seeing the training wheels too! ***** making me waste my time.

that's your own opinion and even though i personally won't put them on my car, that doesn't mean i come out bashing everyone else....oh and btw,

:
Old 08-22-2003, 08:09 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

Re: Training wheels almost fit on my max and look sweet

Old 08-22-2003, 08:32 PM

Re: Re: Training wheels almost fit on my max and look sweet

that's wrong...lol
Old 08-22-2003, 09:08 PM

I think some BMW conversions aren't quite as clean as they could be if they spent a little more time doing it, but its their car so let them deal with it.
I got the BMW lights because they have a better light output than the stock lights. It has nothing to do with it being a BMW product at all; if there were regular projector lights for the max, I probably would have bought them a while back (cant resist the rice urges) but this was the next best thing. I think they look pretty close to stock. Most people dont even notice that I've done anything to my car when they see it which is how I want it.
http://maxima.cardomain.com/id/craigbrace
Old 08-22-2003, 09:46 PM

Re: Training wheels almost fit on my max and look sweet

Originally posted by MadMax92
I don't know where the hell some of you get your taste but just because the E36 headlights come from a BMW and almost fit our cars that does not mean it looks good. I've seen it look good on one car and on everyone elses car it looks terrible, sometimes i wonder if some of you even look at your cars. I have seen some nice maximas turn to crap because you guys think that just because they come from a bmw that it justifies them looking like **** and not fitting. I'll hand some credit to whoever first came up with it, but the rest of you I'm sorry but your cars look terrible. some of you need to come up with own ideas. Am I the only one who thinks these look bad? If some of you really think it looks good I'm sorry to have upset you, i'm just tired of everyone else doing it because they want to tell people they're car is part BMW.
Man, who the heck ****ed in your corn flakes, and why you waited until it got soggy to B1tch about it.

Personally I have seen many a maxima with the BMW lights, and never once did I entertain the thought of the owner trying to make his/her car look like a BMW, your thinking is off centered and maybe 'cause your car like like %$#@ you figure it would be best to rant about other folk's mods.

I'm a purist, not into many of the mods I see, however I think Craig's rationale for switching to the BMW lights (better beam) is a good one, and if I could get a better beam these **** poor stockers I have, I would be more than happy to do it.

You probably just drive your car from the pizza shop to the nearest customer, make a delivery and head right back, so you won't have any idea what it is to actually drive and depend on a good beam pattern.

Oh and next thing: next time you wanna rant, be man enough and label your post accurately.
Old 08-22-2003, 10:14 PM
STFU n00b!

:attention