3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

some new pics of my car + component set install

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2001, 03:47 PM

http://www.annulardesign.com/ride/new/
Old 02-14-2001, 04:12 PM

Looks really nice. I like the gauges a lot. I wish I could use the ones I bought from you but I need a 92-94 gxe cluster. if anyone has one for sale that replaced theres with the se gauges I would buy it from them for a decent price. What brand components are those? how much?
Old 02-14-2001, 04:31 PM

Originally posted by block
Looks really nice. I like the gauges a lot. I wish I could use the ones I bought from you but I need a 92-94 gxe cluster. if anyone has one for sale that replaced theres with the se gauges I would buy it from them for a decent price. What brand components are those? how much?
Thanks, it took me a while to figure out the first tweeter and midrange. I had to modify some things, it really helps when you have the right tools I didn't find the dremel and circle cutting adapter for my drill until the next day.

If you can live without your gauge cluster for a few weeks (I did, I just didn't speed) I can probably get you a cluster made. I don't know what year the speedo/tach stuff starts to change. I hvae a 92 GXE and these worked for me.

I have the Infinity Kappa 60.2 CS 6 1/2" components, they cost me about $130 or so at wholesale.
Old 02-14-2001, 06:00 PM

how did you get the hookup on the speakers? :P i want to do the same thing as you guys, but i dont wanna pay <75$ for the speakers, ill takl to my friend at circuit city and see what they got.

block, i think they sell em here, http://www.bee.net/a2low240/gauges/8994max.html

BTW whats the dif. between the 89-91 and 92-94? they both max at 125 right?
Old 02-14-2001, 06:13 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by Brandon90gxe
how did you get the hookup on the speakers? :P i want to do the same thing as you guys, but i dont wanna pay <75$ for the speakers, ill takl to my friend at circuit city and see what they got.

block, i think they sell em here, http://www.bee.net/a2low240/gauges/8994max.html

I joined a wholesale company called Apex Audio. You can get a lot of stuff really cheap through them. Everything they sell is still covered by the manufacturers warranty and some even have longer additional warranties. I order lots of stuff from them all the time. Overall, between my two cars, they have saved me about $7000 in stuff. If you have any questions, e-mail me and I will answer them the best that I can.

You can check out their website at http://www.apex-audio.com

Old 02-14-2001, 09:12 PM

Great..

KOOL setup.
Old 02-14-2001, 09:17 PM

on the 89-91 gxe gauges the numbers are in a different font everything else is the same. and on that website the gauges they show appear to be 92-94 style. I think i want to go with the 92-94 se gauges. they go up to 145 or do all se gauges?
Old 02-14-2001, 09:45 PM

Block,

The 89-91 SE gauges go up to 125, and the 92-94 SE up to 145. I have my old GXE gauges but I don't know if you would want them. I kept my GXE pod and switched out the actual SE gauges when I did my switch. So the extra unit lying around contains my GXE gauges (speedometer,tach, and gas/temperature meter) in the 89 SE pod. These faces will still give you a green color at night b/c the back of the faces are greenish (also the bulb has a removable green cap). Are you interested in buying this off me? I live in Chicago.

Peter
Old 02-14-2001, 09:50 PM

Originally posted by ngthing
Dude, are your white gauges overlays? If so where did you get them and for how much? They look damn good. It also looked like you had purple indicator needles???
Old 02-14-2001, 09:50 PM

i dont like the newer font, i kinda like the blockier look of the older one, rather then the roundish of the newer style
Old 02-14-2001, 10:03 PM

c-dawg, how is that company? do they ship fast? etc, can you post some example prices?

Originally posted by C-Dawg

I joined a wholesale company called Apex Audio. You can get a lot of stuff really cheap through them. Everything they sell is still covered by the manufacturers warranty and some even have longer additional warranties. I order lots of stuff from them all the time. Overall, between my two cars, they have saved me about $7000 in stuff. If you have any questions, e-mail me and I will answer them the best that I can.

You can check out their website at http://www.apex-audio.com

Old 02-14-2001, 10:15 PM

Originally posted by ngthing
how do you have blue guage needles??? mine are a fugly orange color and i have a 92gxe
Old 02-14-2001, 10:37 PM

hey cool on your guags does the redline area light up red? i wanna see a night shot of your guages... got one?
Old 02-14-2001, 10:45 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ngthing
[I]c-dawg, how is that company? do they ship fast? etc, can you post some example prices?

Brandon, you can ignore this because I have laready sent you an e-mail about this stuff.

Man, they ship slow as hell.

The only problem with Apex is that they beat you in the tail on shipping and handling. the average S&H fee is $13. It gets lower for each additional item, though. It also takes 2-4 weeks to get it delivered.

The way Apex works is you order from them and then they contact the manufacturer's distribution centers. Those DCs send the stuff to Apex, they inspect it, then package a sales slip and ship it to you. Sounds like a lot of time to wait on something, but it is well worth it. I am a grad student and I almost always stay broke. Since I take pride in my car, I do everything to save money. A little here, a little there, you know the drill. Time is money. I will wait in oder to save that little extra. I have ordered everything from them for my systems so far and have saved loads of dinero. I have two cars - one for show and an everyday driver. I saved over $5000 on the show car alone. Apex also sells wheels. Goods deals. They have everything, even to hydraulics.

Some examples for you:
(I will use Rockford Fosgate as an example because I know the prices offhand because I use RF in my car)

Rockford Fosgate Punch XLC 10 inch sub retails for $149 APEX = $89

500a2 Retail $499 APEX = $299

Lightning Audio (Division of RF) 1 farad cap retails for $149.99 APEX = $89.

If you have any other questions just let me know. I will answer them the best that I can.

I first learned about APEX through Lowrider magazine. They always have at least one full page ad in the magazine each month.

Now, could you answer my Q about the gauges?

'Preciate it.

Old 02-14-2001, 11:02 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by C-Dawg
Dude, are your white gauges overlays? If so where did you get them and for how much? They look damn good. It also looked like you had purple indicator needles???
Yeah, those are gauge overlays. I like them, they make the car look a lot different. My speedo, tach, fuel, and temp needles are all blue, the pic came out on a crappy Olympus digital camera. I can get a close up if you'd like.

The gauges sold at this URL:
http://www.bee.net/a2low240/gauges/8994max.html

were a copy of my gauges, the pics they have are of my gauges too, before I put them back in
Old 02-14-2001, 11:20 PM

whered you get the blue needles from? was it easy to put te overlays on?
Old 02-14-2001, 11:30 PM

whered you get the blue needles from? was it easy to put te overlays on?
overlays were simple to put on. i made the blue needles, a little paint here and there

go make pink needles or something, you'll be unique then
Old 02-15-2001, 12:59 AM

i added a few more pics that I found
Old 02-15-2001, 09:38 AM

I looked at the website with the gauges not installed. It just showed the picture of them. They looked like crap. But, when I saw them on your site, I must say, they looked friggin' sweeeeeeeeeet.

How difficult is it to install them? Do you have instructions? I am worried about messing up my needles. I am assuming that you removed them and painted them. How did you do that? Approximately how long did it take to install the overlays?

Thanks.
Old 02-15-2001, 01:05 PM

i was worried about f'n up the acuracy of my guages. was this a problem for you? how difficult was it to recalibrate them and how exactly is that done?
Old 02-15-2001, 04:46 PM

Originally posted by C-Dawg
I looked at the website with the gauges not installed. It just showed the picture of them. They looked like crap. But, when I saw them on your site, I must say, they looked friggin' sweeeeeeeeeet.

How difficult is it to install them? Do you have instructions? I am worried about messing up my needles. I am assuming that you removed them and painted them. How did you do that? Approximately how long did it take to install the overlays?

Thanks.
yah the pics on the website are real ugly, but I am happy with the gauges.

it was simple to install, took about an hour or so. i just removed the needles and painted em.
Old 02-15-2001, 04:47 PM

Originally posted by thebull
i was worried about f'n up the acuracy of my guages. was this a problem for you? how difficult was it to recalibrate them and how exactly is that done?
so was I, then I said, screw it. the temp gauge is no big deal, I just left my car on for 15 minutes, then moved the temp gauge to the center, where it should be. to calibrate the fuel gauge I just filled up a tank of gas and moved the needle to full. for the MPH and tach, it took a little while, but I'm pretty close on MPH prolly off +,- 5mph. I think my tach is a few hundred over, but it's no biggie.
Old 02-16-2001, 06:21 PM
harold

PATHETIC.......

damnit, some people are f u c k i n g pathetic.

take brandon90gxe, for example.

now, what kind of a f a g (yes, f a g) wants to see photos of somebody's DASH for christ's sake. I mean jesus, you treat cars like they were women, trading photos with eachother online. And another thing, i took the time to go to brandon90gxe's little site with a bunch of photos, and all i have you say is F A G G O T. Somebody doesnt have a life.....I mean cmon, taking so many photos of a car (and most of them are of a 1990 car, thats stock).

JESUS H. CHRIST, grow a **** and learn how to use it.

Old 02-16-2001, 08:02 PM

shut up ARIEL, and yes thats his real name guys... just ignore it...LOL im gonna kick your *** *****...
Old 02-16-2001, 08:39 PM

Re: PATHETIC.......

Originally posted by harold
damnit, some people are f u c k i n g pathetic.

take brandon90gxe, for example.

now, what kind of a f a g (yes, f a g) wants to see photos of somebody's DASH for christ's sake. I mean jesus, you treat cars like they were women, trading photos with eachother online. And another thing, i took the time to go to brandon90gxe's little site with a bunch of photos, and all i have you say is F A G G O T. Somebody doesnt have a life.....I mean cmon, taking so many photos of a car (and most of them are of a 1990 car, thats stock).

JESUS H. CHRIST, grow a **** and learn how to use it.

and you're on this board because? you hate your maxima I suppose? there is nothing wrong with having pride in your car. I don't know about others, but I don't go online a trade photos of women with people, and what's with the language, it's as you're trying to harass us by calling us "****" or "*******", I find it pathetic you are an ignorant biggot.
Old 02-16-2001, 10:48 PM

On a different note.....

Hey Jon,
Did you order a body kit from Phuong? If so have you put it on and what kind of procedure did you do to install? I got my stillen kit and I want some advice on installing it.
Czar
Old 02-17-2001, 07:48 AM

ngthing, I am interested in the needle painting procedure. Do the needles still light up at night like the orange ones do? what type of paint did you use?
Old 02-17-2001, 02:52 PM
harold

hey brandon90gxe, who the f u c k do you think you are?

you dont know me, and you will hope to god that you will never meet me, because if you do, i will beat the f u c k out of you.