3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

quick body question.

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2003, 05:31 PM

quick body question.

do you think id look good in pink or fushia.

jk, but here it goes. ok i got a little kik from somebody in the rear end, they drove off before i could get their insurance and i was too tired to see the plate. now my trunk sits out like a half inch off the tailights. i read the chiltons and they said something about lid adjustment screws. so i tried to fix it using that, but it made no difference. from what i can see, the rest of the trunk lid lines up just the bottom stick out so that it seems misaligned. i beleive it is that or that whenever i was hit it bended the sheet metal for the tailights back, but everything seems to line up otherwise. i know i need a new bumper coz itis all wapred looking but im fixin on buying a new trunk lid. is there anyother way that i can fix this without the use of spending or having to cut of the back end of another max and weld it on. any ideas would help.

also the tunk seems to be sitting furhter out on the latch now as well.

sorry i have no pics.
Old 12-03-2003, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by harrymay
do you think id look good in pink or fushia.

jk, but here it goes. ok i got a little kik from somebody in the rear end, they drove off before i could get their insurance and i was too tired to see the plate. now my trunk sits out like a half inch off the tailights. i read the chiltons and they said something about lid adjustment screws. so i tried to fix it using that, but it made no difference. from what i can see, the rest of the trunk lid lines up just the bottom stick out so that it seems misaligned. i beleive it is that or that whenever i was hit it bended the sheet metal for the tailights back, but everything seems to line up otherwise. i know i need a new bumper coz itis all wapred looking but im fixin on buying a new trunk lid. is there anyother way that i can fix this without the use of spending or having to cut of the back end of another max and weld it on. any ideas would help.

also the tunk seems to be sitting furhter out on the latch now as well.

sorry i have no pics.
Sorry to hear that dude, I would have chased that sonovabi@*h down! No one hits my Max and gets away with it ( if I'm around of course ). Sorry I can't offer any help with your trunk because I'm not mechanically inclined, I just had to vent about the sonova B that did a hit and run and now you're stuck with the repair. People suck a$$!
Good luck with your trunk though.
Old 12-03-2003, 05:42 PM

sounds like more than just bending sheetmetal
Old 12-03-2003, 06:04 PM
mod or sell?

I chased a guy down once 1 mile + chase over 80 MPH on local roads including past a cop who didn't do ****!
Caught the Basturd in the end because I know how to drive! (BTW it was in my wife's minivan with her and 2 kids)
Dam cops didn't / wouldn't do sh|T when they finally showed up either!
Next time I run him into skokie! those cops'll teach his a$$ a lesson
Old 12-03-2003, 07:20 PM

yep, some dude also hit my moms tacoma in a big a$$ chevy with the trailer mirrors, knocked off the antenna, and made a big dent in the windshield.

i would have chased them down, but i was in a bad part of town, and i didnt wanna be shot