3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Finally finished the BlehmCo RSTB!

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2003, 08:49 PM
mod or sell?

Terry: Is that really a red "R" on your grill?
Please say no
I don't want to have to hunt you down and pull it off !
(or maybe one of my friends on the skokie force will do it for me )
and nice to see another person from my neck of the woods (literally)
Old 12-16-2003, 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by Matt93SE
As for the brakes, the kit is priced at $475 for everything but the calipers... that's all four brake lines (SS lines, custom made by Goodridge themselves), front brackets, mounting hardware, and a pair of front rotors.
the only thing you need to supply are calipers and pads. I can also supply those if you want, but you can find them for the same prices as I can- so it's easier on me not to spend days calling people and sniping on ebay for calipers.

So that I have an idea of what I'm looking at, how much should calipers and pads run? Also, this does not include rears? How much extra for rears or would I replace with something else???
Old 12-16-2003, 09:19 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Damn rust. If it's not shipped then just paint mine black too, matt.
Old 12-16-2003, 09:29 PM
OG Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by todamax
Terry28: Good to see other Northern IL Max owners in the 3rd gen forum!!! Give me a shout sometime.

2 tha MAX: I thought it was the 12th.
todamax - Man, where were you this past summer when they had that big meet up north? I was the ONLY 3rd gen there!
Old 12-16-2003, 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by nubiannupe
todamax - Man, where were you this past summer when they had that big meet up north? I was the ONLY 3rd gen there!

You were in the area?!?!? Too bad I missed that. I wanted to go, but everytime there was a meet last summer I was too busy, or my car was in pieces all over the driveway.... I hope my 5-speed swap goes well this spring, as I want to attend a couple of meets!!!
Old 12-16-2003, 10:01 PM
STFU n00b!

2 tha max, the GD pricing is over, but it's not that much more at "regular" price... I may also do another group deal in the early spring sometime, after people recover from christmas. some people are blowing their money before christmas, others will be getting money AT christmas.. (and my goal is to make them give it to me!!!! )

anaximander, I was going to just paint yours in grey primer and send that way... but if you want black I'll do that too.. unless you want me to leave it coated in dirty motor oil for you.
Old 12-17-2003, 12:37 AM

2 tha max, the GD pricing is over, but it's not that much more at "regular" price... I may also do another group deal in the early spring sometime, after people recover from christmas. some people are blowing their money before christmas, others will be getting money AT christmas.. (and my goal is to make them give it to me!!!! )

anaximander, I was going to just paint yours in grey primer and send that way... but if you want black I'll do that too.. unless you want me to leave it coated in dirty motor oil for you.
hey Matt

can u just leave it in grey primer...unless u already ship one 2 me.....then n/m about it......i just woke up from work and started readin' this thread......i hate overtime.....lol...n-e-ways hope 2 get the RSTB by x-mas

l8er

Torres
Old 12-17-2003, 01:27 AM

Matt, black sounds good.
Old 12-17-2003, 07:38 AM

ok thanks Matt... I will be jumping over all over this soon but money was short cause of funding for a new project. I will contact you because I am looking at getting the stage II lower tie bar with the RSTB.

Once everyone has gotten there orders please post at how much of a difference you achieved
Old 12-17-2003, 07:42 AM
STFU n00b!

gotcha guys....

Gjohnson, sorry I missed your last brake post up there..
You can find the Z calipers anywhere from $100/set for core take-offs and junkyards to $500/set fully reconditioned and powdercoated off ebay or the FS forums here... all depends on how much you want to spend and how much you want to do yourself.
Old 12-17-2003, 08:11 AM

Hey Matt,
Not trying to waste your time or efforts, but could you please at least put me down for a RSTB, black is fine. I will not be able to send payment for another week or so. Thanks.
Old 12-18-2003, 05:13 AM
OG Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by todamax
You were in the area?!?!? Too bad I missed that. I wanted to go, but everytime there was a meet last summer I was too busy, or my car was in pieces all over the driveway.... I hope my 5-speed swap goes well this spring, as I want to attend a couple of meets!!!
Yeah, I used to be a technician for Cellular One in Schaumburg. So yeah, I was up there. Took a few pics, too. Pretty nice get-together, overall.

Back on topic (before Matt me for hijacking his thread)

crsmax - You might be better off, or quicker to just sending Matt an email or PM.
Old 12-18-2003, 07:44 AM
STFU n00b!

Without trying to be rude, the GD ended almost a week ago. I'll go ahead and honor the price on yours, but I'm already out of stock on the parts anyway. there's a couple people that aren't getting in the first round anyway, and it's going to be after the first of the year before I have a chance to put theirs together. (I'm leaving Sat 12-20 and won't be home until Jan 3rd or so.)
Old 12-18-2003, 08:30 AM

but i hope santa has the rstb i ordered before christmas
Old 12-18-2003, 09:00 AM
OG Maxima.org Member

Without trying to be rude, the GD ended almost a week ago. I'll go ahead and honor the price on yours, but I'm already out of stock on the parts anyway. there's a couple people that aren't getting in the first round anyway, and it's going to be after the first of the year before I have a chance to put theirs together. (I'm leaving Sat 12-20 and won't be home until Jan 3rd or so.)

Matt, as a sidebar to this (no pun intended), you can certainly wait to put mine together and/or ship it, if it'll make it convenient for anyone else.

Man, with the crappy weather we're having here in good ol' North DUH-kota, there's no way I can even THINK about putting it in anyway. So you can move me to the 2nd round if you want. I really don't mind and am in NO rush whatsoever.

Thank you for your consideration, please drive to the next window!
Old 12-18-2003, 10:24 AM
STFU n00b!

I'm doing the best I can to get the first 25 out by friday. just got back with a carload of cardboard and I'm going to start packing in just a few minutes.
the fun part is that it's been taking forever to paint them because of the weather.. high humidity and it's been pretty cool. doesn't do well when you're trying to get paint to dry! I can only put about one coat on a day, so it's taken a week just to paint them all.
the last coat on the RSTBs is drying now. soon as I get the RSTB-only orders boxed up, I'm going to start on the lower tie bars and such. It's going to be a long day!
Old 12-18-2003, 01:32 PM

glad were keepin you busy matt
Old 12-18-2003, 01:54 PM
STFU n00b!

Joe, you DID get the ground kit I sent you, correct?
Also got your MO a couple days ago.. you're #27 on the list and I've only got 25 bars right now.. one person dropped out, so you're on the bump line... if someone else needs a refund, you'll get yours shipped out tomorrow.. otherwise, it will be after New Years before I get all the parts for them in stock again.. sorry!
Old 12-18-2003, 04:43 PM
STFU n00b!

Okay, started shipping them out today..
the only ones I've shipped were the ones who ordered RSTBs only.

Those of you that want them shipped somewhere other than your Paypal address, please let me know again by email, as I've got about 400 letters in my mailbox and I know one or two wanted them shipped elsewhere. I just can't find it- sorry.
Old 12-18-2003, 05:50 PM

yep got the ground wires, had it installed for a few weeks now

thats cool with the bar, i can wait

i want to eventually order the stage 2 front bar, whats a good time to get on that... dont want to flood you with orders now since your already busy
Old 12-18-2003, 05:54 PM

You certianly did ship them. I got the tracking number a minute ago. Thanks d00d!
Old 12-18-2003, 07:02 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Take as long as you want with my package Matt - just as long as it gets here by the time the chill is out of the air.
Old 12-18-2003, 09:00 PM

Matt keep up the good work, your a good man, stand behind your work and your name, dont be like custom maxima, or cattman, or wsp
Old 12-18-2003, 09:14 PM
STFU n00b!

I got abotu 15 of them shipped today.. Izzy, yours are all black. I know you want the blue, so just scuff them with a green or brown scotch pad to rough the surface up and paint away... it's gonna be behind the seat anyway, so nobody sees it.

Maximan, I emailed you and ironed out the details on it.

Bman, I worked on the tie bars tonight, after UPS made their pickup on the rest of the stuff. I've got about 1/2 the welding done, but I still need to finish and paint. don't know if I'll get that done by the time I have to leave Sat or not. I'll do my best, but no promises.
Old 12-18-2003, 10:26 PM

hey Matt

u still need my address or u already shipped the RSTB out 4 me.......

let me know

thanx
Old 12-18-2003, 10:42 PM

Bman, I worked on the tie bars tonight, after UPS made their pickup on the rest of the stuff. I've got about 1/2 the welding done, but I still need to finish and paint. don't know if I'll get that done by the time I have to leave Sat or not. I'll do my best, but no promises.
Matt I'm SERIOUS - take as long as you want!

Ship mine out in February for all I care because I'm not going to be doing ANY wrenching what so ever between now and "sorta warm outside... I guess" whenever that will be.
Old 12-18-2003, 11:04 PM
STFU n00b!

Torres, I need your phone number so UPS will let me ship it.. I guess that's so they can contact you and say you owe them $5000 in customs fees.
I thought about sticking mine in there, but would rather not, just in case they need it for delivery reasons.
Old 12-19-2003, 10:40 PM

Torres, I need your phone number so UPS will let me ship it.. I guess that's so they can contact you and say you owe them $5000 in customs fees.
I thought about sticking mine in there, but would rather not, just in case they need it for delivery reasons.

ok Matt

i e-mailed my # 2 u last nite......and plz no crank calls at nite.....i need my sleep..or i'll just drive down 2 Houston and ..and as 4 the custom fees .........i think i'll claim it on my income tax.... .....yeah i wish...lol....

thanx 4 everything Matt

and let me know about the ground wires next year.....and merry x-mas and happy new year and 2 the rest of the 3rd gen owners on this forums......
Old 12-20-2003, 12:04 AM
STFU n00b!

Torres, I got yours done.. I guess I keep getting you and Bman mixed up since you're both Brian (Bryan) and Canucks!

yours I'm shipping UPS, and you should have the tracking number via email by the time you read this message. (if not, check your mail again) I declared it as a product sample valued at $60, so customs shouldn't be much- couple bucks if anything... I should have used my brain, because I've got to go by the post office monday for some others, and I should have just taken yours with me then. ahh well.

To everyone else
You should all have received tracking numbers and etc for your parts, except:

Dark Lord Bunny - Paint is drying on yours, so I'll pack and ship in the morning

BMan and Canada93GXE: Smelly Canucks. I'm taking yours by the Post Office on Monday.

Reygarcia and Max190, you guys were #26 and 27... I only had parts for 25 RSTBs, so I've ordered more and they should be here soon, BUT I'm going to be out of town until Jan 2 or 3.. I'll put them together and ship out ASAP after that. Sorry for the inconvenience, but I wasn't planning on this many people ordering!

Inside the boxes, you should have three pieces wrapped in paper, plus the bar itself. Each end bracket is wrapped separately, then the endlinks and hardware are wrapped in another one. MAKE SURE you got the hardware!!! I've got one set left over for some reason so if one of you don't get the hardware, let me know and I'll mail it out to you soon as I can.

I think that covers everything, and I'm considering the deal closed. If you guys want more stuff, you know where to find me! I'll be glad to do some small discounts on multiple purchases, but I don't think I'll do another group deal like this again.. just too much work involved!! Now I know why Cattman does GDs the way he does!

Thanks Everyone! Happy Holidays!
Old 12-20-2003, 12:33 AM

yaaay! Matt did it, yaaay!

(I was going to joke around asking about mine, but I figured with how busy you are and how many orders you have, you might actually think I bought one. I'm too poor right now )

Have fun on the vacation Matt!
Old 12-20-2003, 12:45 AM
STFU n00b!

dood, I've read over this 2 page list so many times in the last 2 days that I could probably recite it in my sleep..... except for the two guys that I got mixed up on the orders!
Old 12-20-2003, 12:55 AM

Matt, are you still interested in my goods in the garage? I took pics yesterday
Old 12-20-2003, 12:58 AM

On behalf of myself and everyone else,

Thank you Matt!

I put together a group buy myself last year at another forum, and you are right - it IS a PITA. And that was only less than a dozen people too!
Old 12-20-2003, 07:42 AM
STFU n00b!

Paul, sure am... when are you coming back through town?

thanks Bryan! Thanks to you guys' help, I can eat for another month.!
Old 12-20-2003, 07:53 AM

(I'm leaving Sat 12-20 and won't be home until Jan 3rd or so.)

Hmmmm. You won't, by any chance, be heading back to T-town for the holidays. Would you???

Old 12-20-2003, 08:04 AM
STFU n00b!

How many tools do I need to bring? LOL
Old 12-20-2003, 08:09 AM

How many can you carry???
Old 12-20-2003, 08:31 AM
STFU n00b!

enough to rebuild the engine.... in my small tool bag.

What you looking to get done? I'm gonna be there for 2 weeks and you know I can't go 2 weeks without putting a wrench on something!!

I'm going to bring my basic hand tools anyway just because my car has 200k+ miles on it and I'll be driving 3000 miles in the next few weeks....
Old 12-20-2003, 08:36 AM

Man, I would really appreciate it if you could help me with that front main seal, that is leaking oil all over my garage floor. You know I'm a mechanic in tranning.

Oh, and I'm still kicking myself about not picking up those springs that you had last time you helped me out. So let me know if you run across some more for a really good deal. I'm kinda a broke now (with Christmas) but where there's a will there's a way.
Old 12-20-2003, 09:14 AM
STFU n00b!

The seal is a whole $3... call riverside or jackie cooper and have them get one.. Courtesy only had one in stock, and I bought it yesterday, so it's already being shipped here.

also check your accessory belts and buy new ones if they're more than a couple years old.

I'm trying to figure out how to get the crank pulley bolt off without an impact wrench... maybe just take the car to sears on your way over and have them pop it loose, then snug it back with a regular wrench..

Quick Reply: Finally finished the BlehmCo RSTB!