3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

suspension upgrades

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2004, 06:01 PM

suspension upgrades

i was wondering what mods would be good for normal driving. i have eibachs/ tokicos, and was thinking about getting sway bars. im not goin auto crossing or anything. how much do other mods help in everyday driving like sub frame connectors, and other blehmco products?
Old 01-15-2004, 06:19 PM
mod or sell?

anything that "tightens" (reduces flex) up the frame will have advantages on and off the track.
You will however be sacrficing ride comfort in the process.
how much they help?
all depends on how you drive
Old 01-15-2004, 06:27 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

I have the eibachs / tikicos as well with a fsb. I am going to be putting in the subframes and rsb within the next two weeks. I'll let you know
Old 01-15-2004, 06:56 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I have blown stock struts and springs.
Getting have Eibachs in the garage ang I'm getting Tokicos.
I have a suspension techniques RSB and absolutely love it. Monday I'll be getting a FSTB on Monday.

I'm going to talk to one of my old high school teachers about using his press for the control arm bushings. Then I'd like to eventually get a FSB, Matt's stage 2 tie bar, the new polyeurothane rear bushings, and subframes.

After I get new wheels and tires I'll worry about going faster.
Old 01-15-2004, 07:02 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

The FSTB

Originally Posted by MrGone
I have blown stock struts and springs.
Getting have Eibachs in the garage ang I'm getting Tokicos.
I have a suspension techniques RSB and absolutely love it. Monday I'll be getting a FSTB on Monday.

I'm going to talk to one of my old high school teachers about using his press for the control arm bushings. Then I'd like to eventually get a FSB, Matt's stage 2 tie bar, the new polyeurothane rear bushings, and subframes.
I had tokicos on my car for awhile now then about 3 weeks ago put the ebiachs on them and love them. The braking difference is noticable and and the car takes corners. I love to do those u-turns and with try to swing the back end out but the eibachs work so well it want let me do that.

Doesnt the FSTB from the 2000-2003 work on our third gens although I have a VG not a cool and faster VE??
Old 01-15-2004, 08:22 PM
mod or sell?

Originally Posted by MrGone
I'm going to talk to one of my old high school teachers about using his press for the control arm bushings.
added the control arm bushings to my site this week
of course that is in addition to the whole control arms that were already up there
Old 01-15-2004, 08:27 PM
STFU n00b!

The subframes do a great job of reducing chassis flex every day- whether it's through a corner or running over a pothole. I noticed a HUGE improvement in ride quality when I installed my SFCs..

The rest of the mods really only do stuff while cornering- at least the mods I make are concerned. the lower tie bar and RSTB make the most difference on quick transitions by reducing body flex in those areas. same as the SFCs, only to a lesser extent.

the only drawbacks to them are that the lower tie bar lowers ground clearance by about an inch. Keep in mind that I'm lowered almost 3" and have only once bottomed it out (and it was when I hit a huge pothole while under 95% brake at 60mph.)..

The RSTB has no drawbacks, other than about a pound of added weight. nobody knows it's there but the driver!
Old 01-16-2004, 04:09 AM

thanks for the replys but after springs/struts and sway bars, how much of a difference would these mods make if i didnt autocross?
Old 01-16-2004, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by Matt93SE
the only drawbacks to them are that the lower tie bar lowers ground clearance by about an inch. Keep in mind that I'm lowered almost 3" and have only once bottomed it out (and it was when I hit a huge pothole while under 95% brake at 60mph.)..
Your suspension mounting points aren't lowered 3" are they? Your body may be lowered over the tires 3". If your tire diameter is the same as before then your suspension mount points should still be near where they were before.
Old 01-16-2004, 07:52 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by tightblue89
I had tokicos on my car for awhile now then about 3 weeks ago put the ebiachs on them and love them. The braking difference is noticable and and the car takes corners. I love to do those u-turns and with try to swing the back end out but the eibachs work so well it want let me do that.

Doesnt the FSTB from the 2000-2003 work on our third gens although I have a VG not a cool and faster VE??

My VG is cool!!