3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Hey all.

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2004, 08:50 PM

Hey all.

My max was stolen at college!! Not to fear i got it back. Only it came back wihtout the Bose head unit, and a bunch of other things in the center counle/dash. Insurance has replaced everything, but they gave me things that didn't work haha. My cig lighter outlet doesn't have power, and my bose headunit (cass, radio, cd) doesn't play cds but for 3 % of the time, and when it does it skips like crazy. It makes long trips through the country sad. Haha. I am battling it out with them now, but it is not going so well. On the upside, when i went ot get my spare and jack replaced at a dealer it came out to somethingl ike 350$, so i went to a junk yard, 58.85. WOW! I feel like i've done something really good bargan wise, even though i was buying something i already bought a year ealier haha. But ya. If anyone has a cheap headunit for sale that works -- if ya'd gimmie a heads up that would be awesome. (don't know how often people check the classified parts sections) but....wow. I really wish that kinda thinkg just never happened - it getting stolen and stripped that is. For a poor college kid at a Christian college... it is just all bad haha. Iight all. Have great nights! Adios! God Bless. --See the passion-- Haha.

Kev
Old 03-09-2004, 09:37 PM

sucks to hear, atleast you got your Max back. Right... I have a head unit but i have to check and see, i think i cut the wires down to short, was bein a PITA when i was taking it out when i was putting in my kenwood. Well i'll check for ya if your interested.
Old 03-10-2004, 05:51 AM

Originally Posted by KaneTHS
My max was stolen at college!! Not to fear i got it back. Only it came back wihtout the Bose head unit, and a bunch of other things in the center counle/dash. Insurance has replaced everything, but they gave me things that didn't work haha. My cig lighter outlet doesn't have power, and my bose headunit (cass, radio, cd) doesn't play cds but for 3 % of the time, and when it does it skips like crazy. It makes long trips through the country sad. Haha. I am battling it out with them now, but it is not going so well. On the upside, when i went ot get my spare and jack replaced at a dealer it came out to somethingl ike 350$, so i went to a junk yard, 58.85. WOW! I feel like i've done something really good bargan wise, even though i was buying something i already bought a year ealier haha. But ya. If anyone has a cheap headunit for sale that works -- if ya'd gimmie a heads up that would be awesome. (don't know how often people check the classified parts sections) but....wow. I really wish that kinda thinkg just never happened - it getting stolen and stripped that is. For a poor college kid at a Christian college... it is just all bad haha. Iight all. Have great nights! Adios! God Bless. --See the passion-- Haha.

Kev
i have 1 stock bose cassette deck and a sony cd player component that goes with it it is stock so if yoiu ahve the same thing you can plug and go if your interested throw me an offer. i am in florida so you may have to have it shipped
Old 03-10-2004, 12:02 PM
Im izz sexay

get a cheap headset off of ebay.
Old 03-10-2004, 12:15 PM

The junkyard is your friend little windmill...
Old 03-10-2004, 11:10 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

This world ain't right! Not right at all! You have my sympathy (as little as that matters). Unfortunately, all the head units I own are in use or being revised for use in other applications (i.e. they wont fit in any car ever again).
Old 03-11-2004, 12:08 PM

Whaoo.

Thanks ya'll. I have no idea about how much they cost. But if it is within reason - i will surly be interested in purchasing one of one of you guys. Thanks for the feedback! I LOVE THIS SITE AND ITS MEMBA'S!!! You all are greaaattt! (like tony the tiger). Will be back soon. -Kev
Old 03-11-2004, 07:15 PM
YoU CaNt SeE mE

check out awsm66, he has aftermarket headunits he wants to sell