3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

2 Really Important Questions!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2004, 07:54 AM

2 Really Important Questions!!!

Thanks for checking the post, now I have a 92 nissan maxima gxe, you know vg30e, and I hit the side of someone the other day because I was by a car wash and the road was slick and my car wouldn't stop. But anywayz, I did some good damage to the side, destroyed my clear corner, busted my radiator and damaged the front bumper and right side fender. Then I noticed a 92 maxima that has been parked 4 houses from me for sometime. It turns out it's a 92 5-speed SE! I quickly ran and asked the people if they were intrested in selling the car, the owner came out and said he didn't want to but he needs the money because he's out of work. HE TOLD ME $1000 flat! No more, I mean I want to know if that's a good deal, I was happy, but I checked the oddometer and the car has 172,000 miles. I really want a VE but I wanna know if it's worth it. Also I have a full exhaust, warpspeed y-pipe, random tech converter, and greddy sp exhaust, I wanted to know if you can take the y-pipe from the vg and bolt it right on to the VE engine, or do I need a whole new y-pipe. Thanks for your advice. Im open to all suggestions.Later

P.S. Either god has blessed me with a rare 92 5-speed black SE, or it's just a lemon waiting to happen.
Old 04-07-2004, 08:02 AM
Getting back to his roots

Originally Posted by Starchild2k3
Thanks for checking the post, now I have a 92 nissan maxima gxe, you know vg30e, and I hit the side of someone the other day because I was by a car wash and the road was slick and my car wouldn't stop. But anywayz, I did some good damage to the side, destroyed my clear corner, busted my radiator and damaged the front bumper and right side fender. Then I noticed a 92 maxima that has been parked 4 houses from me for sometime. It turns out it's a 92 5-speed SE! I quickly ran and asked the people if they were intrested in selling the car, the owner came out and said he didn't want to but he needs the money because he's out of work. HE TOLD ME $1000 flat! No more, I mean I want to know if that's a good deal, I was happy, but I checked the oddometer and the car has 172,000 miles. I really want a VE but I wanna know if it's worth it. Also I have a full exhaust, warpspeed y-pipe, random tech converter, and greddy sp exhaust, I wanted to know if you can take the y-pipe from the vg and bolt it right on to the VE engine, or do I need a whole new y-pipe. Thanks for your advice. Im open to all suggestions.Later

P.S. Either god has blessed me with a rare 92 5-speed black SE, or it's just a lemon waiting to happen.
Supposedly the y-pipes are different between the 2 engines. Everything from the cat back will bolt on. If you have access to a lift, you might want to try and get the y-pipe on anyway, maybe it only takes a little tapping to get it to fit. As for the VE, make sure you test drive it and listen for the VTCs ticking, any signs of the infamous hesitation, and inspect the exhaust studs. Good luck!!