3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Sportline by Eibach???

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2004, 01:17 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Sportline by Eibach???

Has anyone here heard much about these springs and their quality? I'm looking to upgrade my suspension soon, and I noticed that Eibach has put out these springs for our cars and I was curious to know if anyone has gone with them, their impressions/recommendations, etc. I'm familiar with the Eibach Pros because I had them before on another car with some adjustable Koni's...

FYI - I'm considering the following setup -- Eibach Pros / KYB GR-2's or any combination of springs with KYB GR-2's since I don't have the $$$ for them adjustable TOKIKOs or KONIs at this time. I'm also trying to get the car in shape for this coming summer, and I have a trip to NV coming up in June too, so I gotta make sure she's ready to be all that for all that...

Thanks in advance... I know the search is unavailable, so please don't remind me...

Oh yeah, if anyone's done the job themselves, please give a brotha some advice on doing it myself, or else if anyone knows of a shop that will do it for me if I have all the parts I need in the Los Angeles area, please don't withhold the information...

peace2u
Old 04-15-2004, 01:20 PM

I did the install my self, its very time consuming. But worth the experience. There is a write up with instructions on 4dsc.com.

Also, I don't believe the Sportsline are availiable for the 3rd gen max, only the Pro kit. If there out there, I sure couldn't find them.
Old 04-15-2004, 01:22 PM

Also, I love the Eibachs. The drop is right and the quality is great. I am very happy with my choice. I know some of the other spring out there have a more aggresive drop, but I don't even think I would be able to make it into my drive way, if my ride was any lower.
Old 04-15-2004, 01:33 PM

Thanks, bro...

BTW --> I like the way your car looks with the Eibach/KYB setup... Very nice! Thanks for sharin, bro! About how much time did it take for you to do the job yourself, and how much did the parts run? Are there any special tools I'd need to get (or that you'd suggest) before I do this myself? I'm sure you had some help, too...

Unless I get another opinion, looks like I'll be runnin' what you're runnin'...

Anybody else?

peace2u
Old 04-15-2004, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by Pit5Bull
Thanks, bros...

BTW --> What shocks are you guys running with?

Anybody else?

peace2u
Go with either Koni, KYB or Tokicos for struts.
Old 04-15-2004, 03:38 PM

Well, it took me a while, because this is my daily driver and it was the first time I've ever done suspension. (plus in the process of taking of my front Passenger wheel, I had to replace 3 hub studs) I actually did mine off and on for the entire weekend.

As far as tools, I would say get yourself a FRIEND and head down to the local Autozone. You can rent all the tools you'll need. (Strut compressor, torque wrench(which I didn't use)) Look up the link on 4dsc.com and it will let you know all to tools needed.
Old 04-15-2004, 03:45 PM

@Gjohnson...

Many thanks, bro!

peace2u
Old 04-15-2004, 08:38 PM
mod or sell?

I wonder where he bought his parts?
Old 04-15-2004, 10:02 PM

You better believe it. Internetautomart, is the only man to buy from, extremely fast shipping and always, always happy customers.
Old 04-15-2004, 11:05 PM
NWP Engineering.com

Originally Posted by Gjohnson
You better believe it. Internetautomart, is the only man to buy from, extremely fast shipping and always, always happy customers.
Eibachs and Konis OWN all. I recently updated my webpage with before and after pics of the Eibach drop. I went from 4.5 fingers to 2.0 fingers on average. But let me worn you, these Eibachs came off a 50K mile Maxima which has always been known to have 2 fingers wheel gap for some reason. Sure enough, I got the same wheel gap when I installed them on my car.

But Koni's are awesome. I set them at 60% and I get no bouncing action. They easily hang with the increase spring rate of the Eibachs. Best $460 i ever spent.

http://www.littlebabywebs.com/maxima/maximalbw.html
Old 04-15-2004, 11:12 PM

that's the setup i'm planning on going with (eibach and koni). hey aaron, what do you think would be a good setting on the koni's for drag racing?
Old 04-16-2004, 07:53 AM
mod or sell?

Originally Posted by Gjohnson
I wish they were always happy, I do try my hardest though.
Old 04-16-2004, 12:03 PM
NWP Engineering.com

Originally Posted by mtcookson
that's the setup i'm planning on going with (eibach and koni). hey aaron, what do you think would be a good setting on the koni's for drag racing?
Full stiff would be needed on the front. To keep it from raising up on the launch. And then you can put the rears at whatever you want since you can't adjust the compression stroke. But I recommend to install those spring rubber spacers to keep the rear from sagging. You will be AMAZED how much traction will get on the initial launch if you have a good suspension setup.

But for my everyday driving, most people put it at 50% and be happy. I put mine at 60% and I like. I've felt 100%, it was pretty harsh. A little too harsh for me. But it's not as harsh as people make it out to be.

But if you want the ghetto setup for drag racing. Go to Home Depot to the zip tie section. Buy the biggest zip ties you can find. I think it's 175lb tensile strength. Put 5 of them on the front left spring and 5 on the other. Wrap them around as many coils as possible, as many times as possible. That will keep the front from rising AT ALL. Then put those rubber things in your rear coils to keep the rear from dropping. That is your best bet for a GREAT drag strip setup that won't cost more than $30.