3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

replace maxima interior

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2004, 01:32 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

replace maxima interior

I would like to replace my '91 interior, does anyone know if the 4th generation interior can be installed in 3rd generation cars?
Old 05-18-2004, 01:36 PM
I'm needing a caw

I have a full black charcol gray cloth interior for sale. Front and rear seats. All the side panels and most of the other little trim pieces.
Depending on what color your interior is now, you may/may not need the trim pieces. I don't have the dash items though.
I highly doubt the 4-gen interior will work as the car is a complete redesign inside.
I'm in the Seattle area so delivery can be a simple 1/2 way deal. $200 for everything.
Old 05-18-2004, 01:42 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

My interior is currently tan, but I really want to replace it. I may be able to find the dash and other pieces in black... what condition are seat in? Any rips, tears, clean?

Thanks,

Jenell

Originally Posted by Jeff92se
I have a full black charcol gray cloth interior for sale. Front and rear seats. All the side panels and most of the other little trim pieces.
Depending on what color your interior is now, you may/may not need the trim pieces. I don't have the dash items though.
I highly doubt the 4-gen interior will work as the car is a complete redesign inside.
I'm in the Seattle area so delivery can be a simple 1/2 way deal. $200 for everything.
Old 05-18-2004, 01:49 PM
I'm needing a caw

Side panels: Bascily perfect. Or as perfect as they will every be on an older car. 8-9 out of a 10 FYI. These are actually black with a cloth insert in the middle.

Seats: In really excellent condition. No rips/tears/worn spots. Again 9 out of a 10.

I'd say you would have a very difficult time finding the same condition in a boneyard. I only switched because I already had a leather interior to swap into from my old totalled 3-gen.

What color is your A pillars / B pillars etc.? I even have a head liner. These are light gray in color. I think one pillar has a stain and maybe a small tear.

I'd want $100(firm) for everything.

Originally Posted by jtevelde
My interior is currently tan, but I really want to replace it. I may be able to find the dash and other pieces in black... what condition are seat in? Any rips, tears, clean?

Thanks,

Jenell
Old 05-18-2004, 01:58 PM

Side panels: Bascily perfect. Or as perfect as they will every be on an older car. 8-9 out of a 10 FYI. These are actually black with a cloth insert in the middle.

Seats: In really excellent condition. No rips/tears/worn spots. Again 9 out of a 10.

I'd say you would have a very difficult time finding the same condition in a boneyard. I only switched because I already had a leather interior to swap into from my old totalled 3-gen.

What color is your A pillars / B pillars etc.? I even have a head liner. These are light gray in color. I think one pillar has a stain and maybe a small tear.

what color is the cloth insert in the door panels? if it's black i'd be down to buy those from ya. also i live in b'ham.
Old 05-18-2004, 02:03 PM
I'm needing a caw

They are of a tweed style. I believe it matches the cloth seat material.

I will await for the other gentleman's reply as I offered it them him first. And besides, I ran this stuff by all the NWmaxima guys and have run a for sale ad in the 3 gen for sale section here.

Originally Posted by MAX89'
what color is the cloth insert in the door panels? if it's black i'd be down to buy those from ya. also i live in b'ham.
Old 05-18-2004, 02:05 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

What is an A pillar/ B pillar? Sorry, never done this before....

Old 05-18-2004, 02:07 PM
I'm needing a caw

What color is the headliner? The pillars are the fuzzy cloth stuff near the windshield, inbetween the frt/rear doors and near the back window.

If it's light gray, then it's the same as what I have.

What is an A pillar/ B pillar? Sorry, never done this before....
Old 05-18-2004, 02:14 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

The headliner and pillars are tan. This is currently a tan leather interior, with a dark brown dash and door panels. The seats are currently power seats, are yours power seats? I could probably give that feature up, but I kind of like it. I am going to need to go, but I will check back this evening.
Old 05-18-2004, 02:17 PM
I'm needing a caw

Hmmm okay. Well looks like you are going to need everything I have. Which is fine. My seats are manual (not electric). You might find a way to swap the mechanisms but I don't know how. Let me know.
I'm confident I have about 90% of al the little pieces needed to swap the headliner, side pillars etc...
Old 05-18-2004, 02:18 PM

are you gonna sell your tan interior? if the leathers good Ill be interested
Old 05-18-2004, 03:02 PM

well, looks like i'm gonna have to do the custom vynal then on the center piece, i already did the pillars and it looks dope. do you guys know if there are stock black door panels with black inserts?
Old 05-18-2004, 08:21 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

I think switching the entire interior color is a little more work than I wanted. Go ahead and sell the pieces the other guy wanted. Thank you for all of your effort in emailing me.
Old 05-20-2004, 02:53 PM
I'm needing a caw

Still want the side panels?

well, looks like i'm gonna have to do the custom vynal then on the center piece, i already did the pillars and it looks dope. do you guys know if there are stock black door panels with black inserts?
Old 05-20-2004, 04:28 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

What center peice? Have pics of the pillars and stuff?
Both of my 3rd gens have had black door panels with black vinyl inserts.
I have a Black GXE steering wheel, it's yours if you want it. It came on my car and Red92MaxSE gave me his stocker when we put the 240 wheel on his car.

I think switching the entire interior color is a little more work than I wanted. Go ahead and sell the pieces the other guy wanted. Thank you for all of your effort in emailing me.
ah cmon, its not that bad, Carpet takes the most time, but otherwise its all pretty simple.

I'm in the Seattle area so delivery can be a simple 1/2 way deal.
can you fit a second maxima interior inside a maxima?