3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

lights that were on ebay (jeff was wrong once again)

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2004, 04:32 AM
OG Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by Maxininct
lol well i just happen to come across this thread about MY 3rd gen with the projectors. Holly **** theres alot of ****in haters on here... =( anyways man i just ****in finished up the 12 hour conversion like 2 days before the meet.. so thats why ive told other people there NOT done, im planning on takin care of gaps and ****.. Thanx if you have complimented on them, they were hard to do, i dont recommend doin them.. as for the grill, i personally dont like it either, but stock grill wont go back in, im tryin to modify it to though so well see what i come up with. That cefiro grill thats on there mounts right to the lights so that made it a bit easier but im not leaving it there, its been beatin by the sun and **** its kinda faded.. but uh thanx for the harsh bashing on me doin somethin OTHER than the ****in e36's jeez, tryin to go for the euro look..
First of all, way to go with a "mod" that nobody else has done, per se`. I can probably recommend a few ideas of my own, as far as the fitment issues are concerned, but I'm very much interested in seeing how YOU do it.

As for the 'haters' here, I personally look at it like this: when you post ANYTHING (either deliberately or inadvertantly) on a public forum, you've pretty much opened yourself up to all the criticism/love/hate your feelings can handle. It's the nature of the game, bro - take the good and build on it, take the bad and use it as an incentive to make 'em eat their words.

Food for thought, bro... do the dishes!

(and once again, great job with the projectors!
Old 06-09-2004, 05:23 AM

Its no big deal beleive im not broken appart about what people who dont even know are saying, but just relax. Everyones so quick to hate on sumthin. I am open to suggestions on them, like i said I dont like the grill either.. The corners dont quite meet the lights either which bugs me a lil bit. i have stillen kit on the way and my body guy is thinkin about molding out the corner light entirely and having the body kinda wrap around the light where needed so thats prolly what i will have him do and see how that comes out.. =/ and bye the way im not saying i want all compliments by any means, and i realize there not perfect and i didnt start this thread to begin with.
Old 06-09-2004, 06:10 AM
Back in a 3rd Gen.

why in the world do people think just because you dont like something or that you have a different opinion that you are hating (wait I guess it should be hatin' right?...I dont talk slang.)? I dont like the look...thats my opinion...just being honest. I am all for being different but if I dont like it then I am not going to do it different or not. It has nothing to do with hating just stating my opinion that I dont like them...and that you should have painted the brackets .

I didnt like the e36 look either because of the gaps but when I found a way around that I did it and now I love how it looks.

I will be finished with my car later this summer and I am sure that there are a lot of people that will not like it...I dont care...I do things for myself not others.

OK end rant.

Now I didnt state it on my other post but I do applaud you for trying something instead of like the million others that will not attempt something because they have no imagination and dont have a step by step guide to doing it...you know like Jeff since he said they wouldnt work and locked this guys thread. I mean he was only posting ebay stuff (which was in clear violation of the rules)...but Jeff was just hating .
Old 06-09-2004, 06:35 AM

its ok man thats for the rotors still didnt install them but i like the lights and i got your back
"bondo" "hey know not what they speak of"
Old 06-09-2004, 06:40 AM
I'm needing a caw

Ahahaha. Poor attempt! Don't encourage the lemmings mang

Originally Posted by awsm66
Now I didnt state it on my other post but I do applaud you for trying something instead of like the million others that will not attempt something because they have no imagination and dont have a step by step guide to doing it...you know like Jeff since he said they wouldnt work and locked this guys thread. I mean he was only posting ebay stuff (which was in clear violation of the rules)...but Jeff was just hating .
Old 06-09-2004, 07:38 AM

its ok man thats for the rotors still didnt install them but i like the lights and i got your back
Old 06-09-2004, 07:40 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

i kind of like the way it looks with the yellow lights off. i'm not much for the yellow colored lights. overall it kind of reminds me of an s13 silvia.
Old 06-09-2004, 07:58 AM

Maxininct, it looks like you did a pretty decent job on the lights. Until you mentioned it, I didn't really notice that there was much of a gap on them so I doubt non-maxima owners would really notice. I'm glad you are trying to do something about that grill too. Don't mind all of the hating, everyone on here has their own opinions and they're not afraid to speak them, besides most people on this board don't know a thing about cars.

BTW: I love your exhaust and I know a number of .org members have talked about doing a dual setup. Did you just pound up the underside of the car to get it to fit on the driver's side? And is that a 300zx exhaust?
Old 06-09-2004, 08:12 AM
Eagles Fan 4 Lyfe

Originally Posted by rosamax
so I doubt non-maxima owners would really notice.

besides most people on this board don't know a thing about cars.
looks like you underestimate a lot of people and what they know...
Old 06-09-2004, 08:16 AM
Back in a 3rd Gen.

Originally Posted by Jeff92se
Ahahaha. Poor attempt! Don't encourage the lemmings mang
LOL just trying to give you and Icepick a hard time.

Originally Posted by icepick
what the heck does this mean and why did you post it twice?
Old 06-09-2004, 08:30 AM
Back in a 3rd Gen.

besides most people on this board don't know a thing about cars.

No I dont know a thing about cars since I am one of the main "haters" I assume you are talking about me. . I just know what I like and this is not it. Oh and MT mentioned it reminded him of the S13 Sylvia...I agree and I dont like how the S13 lights look either...now that is the only thing I dont like about the car but still. I will admit the S13 lights have grown on me some and these probably will too but for now I like how the BMW lights look better.

Now the important question is...how much of an improvement is the lighting?
Old 06-09-2004, 08:42 AM

So what is a Cefiro?
Old 06-09-2004, 09:42 AM

i bought sloted /drilled new 4 rotors for $90 at the meet form that guy with the lights and i told him bondo and he wanted to shave the sides so i told him it should come to gether even better.

i looked under the trunk its a custom dual job splits on the left but its a good job very pro
Old 06-09-2004, 01:23 PM

There was no pounding out of anthing in the back, i didnt do the exhaust myself i had a custom shop around here do it, they are very good. The piping splits like right before the rear wheels, so no its not a "true" dual exhaust but it sounds good and it flows 50/50. oh yea and somone aksed if it was 300zx exhaust, no its not but that was the look i was goin for, didnt want big pumpkin shooters hangin down lol.. went for more stock lookin.. and as for the question if there was lighting improvements, absolutley, i get high beemed all the damn time actually its getting annoying haha. but yea they are really good upgrade as far as being brighter.
Old 06-09-2004, 01:25 PM

Chris91se Very nice 3rd gen u have. I have seen been on ur cardomain site long time ago left u some good feedback actually =) thats a cefiro grill u have isnt it?
Old 06-09-2004, 01:28 PM

Oh yea and awsm66 nice 3rd gen too but why is it like 4 different colors? lol ohh yea ur prolly not finished right? ok neither are my brackets lol.. Just bustin ur *** a bit.
Old 06-09-2004, 01:34 PM

It's all cool and stuff. Kinda a sad thing there is soo much gap.
Old 06-09-2004, 03:18 PM
Back in a 3rd Gen.

Oh yea and awsm66 nice 3rd gen too but why is it like 4 different colors? lol ohh yea ur prolly not finished right? ok neither are my brackets lol.. Just bustin ur *** a bit.

LOL thats pretty good...glad you have a sence of humor about it and not take my not liking the lights or the rusty bracket personal.

Actually my car is 5 different colors not 4 (super white, pearl white, blue, black, grey) and its because I like it that way. I was trying to make it DIFFERENT ...lol sorry that was too easy to pass up.

seriously someone needs to buy my spoiler so I can buy more stuff to finish the ugly thing.
Old 06-09-2004, 03:40 PM

personall, i think it looks kinda cool with white in the back and grey from the fenders up...

Old 06-09-2004, 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by Chris91SE
looks like you underestimate a lot of people and what they know...
Maybe I was exaggerating a little when I said this:
"besides most people on this board don't know a thing about cars. ",
but you have to admit that you probably wouldn't want half of the .org members doing any kind of work on your car other than maybe putting gas in it For that reason, I personally don't care when someone has a different opinion than me on this board and that's all I was trying to say to Maxininct. On the other hand, there are many who know quite a bit about cars, like awsm66, MrGone, Jeff, and many others who don't even post much.

And no awsm66, I wasn't talking about you when I said that, it was a general statement without you in mind, you're cool
Old 06-09-2004, 04:58 PM
Eagles Fan 4 Lyfe

Chris91se Very nice 3rd gen u have. I have seen been on ur cardomain site long time ago left u some good feedback actually =) thats a cefiro grill u have isnt it?
thanks...if it didn't rain saturday i probably would've seen your ride in person. i had a trip planned for sat. night/ sunday.

the grille is actually from the UK spec maxima...
Old 06-09-2004, 05:31 PM
Back in a 3rd Gen.

And no awsm66, I wasn't talking about you when I said that, it was a general statement without you in mind, you're cool

I was just giving you a hard time...I knew what you meant. Lately there has been a lot of mis-information floating around on this board...so...

but yeah there are only a handfull of people on here I would even let touch my car.
Old 06-09-2004, 06:32 PM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

Originally Posted by shavedmax
soon that will be all the rage. any pics from far away with the hood closed?

I ordered a set, youll be installing them next week, to make up for throwing stones at my car.
Old 06-09-2004, 06:48 PM

thanks...if it didn't rain saturday i probably would've seen your ride in person. i had a trip planned for sat. night/ sunday.

the grille is actually from the UK spec maxima...
Yea i was hopin to see ur max there, i kept an eye out hehe. what area are u in? Oh yea and as far as the stillen kit goes. Did it need like any preping or is it a quality kit? Well i hope there another meet or sumthin i can meet up with you guys at soon let me know if there is.
Old 06-09-2004, 07:01 PM
Eagles Fan 4 Lyfe

Yea i was hopin to see ur max there, i kept an eye out hehe. what area are u in? Oh yea and as far as the stillen kit goes. Did it need like any preping or is it a quality kit? Well i hope there another meet or sumthin i can meet up with you guys at soon let me know if there is.
i'm in cherry hill, nj just outside of philly. the stillen kit is probably the best kit out there as far as quality goes. it's urethane and the fitment was pretty damn good. the front lip is probably the trickiest of the pieces to install but it looks like everyon has it down to a science now. if there's another meet, you'll see the max...as long as i don't part it out before then
Old 06-09-2004, 08:52 PM
Pusssseeeehhhh

Interesting.
Old 06-09-2004, 09:22 PM

Well im gonna take some pix of the lights with the hood down and **** from some distance. I have to say these pictures of the lights are not very good.. u can see the gaps alot from that pic but from about 10 feet away they look excellent (i think) plus my car got so damn dirty on the way down there in the rain and crap i will take some better ones and show the rest of the car, including the duals when there shinned up.
Old 06-10-2004, 02:33 AM

Originally Posted by N34JZ
I ordered a set, youll be installing them next week, to make up for throwing stones at my car.
it was a piece of tile and your paint is old anyway. dont bend those big wheels you have up on the way here....................
Old 06-10-2004, 04:07 AM
Eagles Fan 4 Lyfe

u can see the gaps alot from that pic but from about 10 feet away they look excellent (i think)

FYI when people see something like that they're not going to just look at it from 10 ft, they're going to get REAL close...
Old 06-10-2004, 09:08 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

I like those lights, but they do need a little bodywork to make em fit just right. The grille, IS original, yet fugly.

I'm thinking HID's in those bad boys... lol

Oh yeah, quit hating jeff.
Old 06-11-2004, 03:22 PM

FYI when people see something like that they're not going to just look at it from 10 ft, they're going to get REAL close...
Yea i realized this, im just saying i wan u to see some pics that arent from 6 inches away so u can see the whole car, looks better
Old 06-11-2004, 04:26 PM

the truth of the matter is that joe schmo doesnt know that my car has bmw headlights on it until i tell them and dont fool yourself into thinking otherwise. no one besides a true 3rd genner is going to look real close, and no e36 conversion looks great(except for mike and craig because they used the covers). i commend you for dooing something different, youre not a sheep like the rest of us. i am not a huge fan of the grille, but it doesnt look any worse than the uk grille. maybe if it were painted it would be ok, but it may also take away from it.theres not much you can do about gaps. i wouldnt be worrying about the top or bottom as much as the sides by the markers, but my e36's dont line up with the markers either. what i do think was a big no-no was painting the area where you welded the brackets on. mike pointed that out. get some krylon on it and you have a thumbs up from me