3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Interior and Exterior lights

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2004, 07:49 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Interior and Exterior lights

Got a question, does anyone know how to fix the lights on my climate control, sometimes it works, sometimes it will be really dim, but now they are completely off now, is there a fuse orsomething that I can change and make them come back on again?????? Also, my corner lights, next to the headlights don't blink when I put the turn signal on, they light up, but they are real bright, almost like spotlights that point outwards. wrong bulb??????
Old 08-03-2004, 08:27 PM

If I remember right, those corner lamps don't blink. Mine never have.
Old 08-03-2004, 08:50 PM
Back in a 3rd Gen.

Originally Posted by Max626
Got a question, does anyone know how to fix the lights on my climate control, sometimes it works, sometimes it will be really dim, but now they are completely off now, is there a fuse orsomething that I can change and make them come back on again?????? Also, my corner lights, next to the headlights don't blink when I put the turn signal on, they light up, but they are real bright, almost like spotlights that point outwards. wrong bulb??????

the corner lights are turn lights. They light the way the you are turning so you can see where you are going better...they dont blink unless you make them by rewiring them.

to pull the climate control out just take the 4 screws out and push it in a little and pull it out sideways.

Here are pics of where the bulbs are

go to radio shack and get mini bulbs part number 272-1092 OR #7219 depending on how old the packaging is and rewire them in.

Now if the display is out (the part that tells the temp and such) then you need to take the display out and resolder it.
Old 08-03-2004, 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by awsm66
the corner lights are turn lights. They light the way the you are turning so you can see where you are going better...they dont blink unless you make them by rewiring them.
People must hate me around here. My corners stay on all the time. I think the previous owner had a lot more fun with the car than I realized. From the wiring for the reverse lights, to the corner lamps.

Of course I think I know what the problem is. When I went and got bulbs for the car. Napa said it was supposed to have 1 type of light for the corner, it ended up being a different style. I never went out and got them, just clipped the little **** and stuck em in.

And this coming from a mechanic........ the world is doomed LOL.
Old 08-03-2004, 09:27 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Hey, I appreciate all the input, especially the pics, that will help a lot, I guess now all I gotta do is see if I can keep from soldering my finger to the thermostat control LOL
Old 08-03-2004, 10:38 PM
Back in a 3rd Gen.

Originally Posted by kcidmil
People must hate me around here. My corners stay on all the time. I think the previous owner had a lot more fun with the car than I realized. From the wiring for the reverse lights, to the corner lamps.

Of course I think I know what the problem is. When I went and got bulbs for the car. Napa said it was supposed to have 1 type of light for the corner, it ended up being a different style. I never went out and got them, just clipped the little **** and stuck em in.

And this coming from a mechanic........ the world is doomed LOL.

Let me clarify what I wrote though. You have 2 corner lights on the car. the little triangle light and the bigger light toward the front. The little triangle light (yellow on factory corners) stays on with the lights. The bigger light comes on with the lights but gets brighter when you hit the turn signal for that side. That is to light up the path you are turning.

Now some have rewired the corner to shine bright all the time. Craig B has a write up on how to do that.

Hope that clarifies what I wrote earlier.
Old 08-04-2004, 04:59 AM

Originally Posted by awsm66
The bigger light comes on with the lights but gets brighter when you hit the turn signal for that side. That is to light up the path you are turning.

Now some have rewired the corner to shine bright all the time. Craig B has a write up on how to do that.
The previous owner must have done that mod then. When I bought the car it had a set of clear corners already installed. And the big corner lights alwayz stayed bright. I put a set of Xenon Blues on the whole front end of the car. So oncoming traffic gets nothing but a crystal blue ball of light. LOL