3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Lose shifter and a list ??

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2004, 12:54 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Lose shifter and a list ??

Hello. In my 90 at max the shifter is loose i would call it. The viewer thing moves around when i shift. And it seems that I have move the shifter into park and then move it up again into park. How would i tighten this so this wont happen.
Is the y pipe like runnin dual exuast? If its not is a dual exaust a good option since its a v6?
What about changing the muffler. it be a cheap upgrade. I havent seen anyone mention this. so maby the stock muffler is good flow?
I took off the intake pice in fron of the TB and noticed there was oil dried in there at the bottom. Is that normal? When I was cleaning the TB I was spraying behind the TB plates to the back and I was having i guess oil come out. How long does it take to pull off the intake and put it back on so i can clean the whole intake.
If I Do this can i pull out ther injectors and soak them in gasoilne to clean them?
Can I just place a K&N filter onto the end of the metal intiake where it meets the plastic and leave that sensore off. or should I drill a hole into the metal place and put it in there?
I got a all new plugs wires cap and rotor. It still runs a little rich. its come out looking clean but i can smell unburned gas and it sounds like its missing on one cyl. I need to pull the codes later.
Im sure these q's are answerd someplace but the search is not up yet and Im bored at school.
Old 09-13-2004, 02:17 PM
mod or sell?

I suggest you relax a bit.
Read the stickies, and start reading the threads about 10 pages back. (it'll help with the boredom)
most if not all of this is covered at least once a month. and remember money is the limiting factor