3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

i need a baterry and capacitor

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2001, 01:06 PM

i need a baterry and cap for my car if someone knows where to get it for cheap please let me know. also i heard that there are alternators that are doubled in watts. Someone tell me where those are also. I am having a problem running my headlights and my sytem it keeps cutting out, so people told me to get these items. now the hard part finding it cheap.=)
Old 04-13-2001, 05:15 PM

Interstate batteries are supposed to be rated excellent, personally I've got a dieHard gold
If you want a high current alternator, I ordered mine from florida, the place is called stage auto electric, I'm pretty sure its in pompanamo bay. I got a 210 amp alternator around $400 (but I mad a deal with the guy and got it for $215)
But word of warning if you get a high current alterntor you need a slightly smaller pully, because at idle the alternator needs to spin faster, I think it has to do with the regulator otherwise the voltage will drop and you'll be like wtf. If you have an se the regulator is internal and external for the gxe. If you've got the se be very happy because its got a much wider pully and can handle the smaller pully much better, and definitly upgrade the +,- wires on the alternator and put better battery posts on.

when it comes to caps you can get some cheap generic ones out there. I recently picked up the CAP from alumaPro 15-Farad. I competed in IASCA with my last Peace of **** and made first place four times in IDBL, and did all the work my self, box design and install. It was towards the end of the season and I saw that I would have to travel alot to get the required points to go to the world finals. I went to the world finals but only as a spectator. After I saw the results from the world finals I saw that I would have been either in third or fouth place, not bad for my first competiton season. So now I've got the max to hook up!

you get what you pay for
dont waste your money with a cap that has a volt meter on it I think thats a big waste of $$$.